• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2017 NBA Draft |OT| Trust The Process

DC-gOWZV0AASAVV

Looks like he has his new number picked out.

theWB27

1. Acquiring his Bird rights.
2. Scared he might like the team he's traded to and decides to stay (Celtics / Spurs / Cavs / Rockets biggest concern.)
3. Don't give a fuck about losing either JC or Randle or these picks especially if I get PG13 for it and still have money left over to sign a max FA to pair with George.

Bird rights is a good point... didn't think of that

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Freaking Warriors. Making me proud of something I had zero control over, growing up in the bay. Bob Meyers is the gold standard right now.

Cornbread78

I'm so glad I was at work during this or I might have needed to walk to the store for a case of beer, or start digging into the Gray Goose on top of the fridge. Danny did nothing to help us yet again...

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
By all accounts they offered JC/Randle/Late 1sts package and were turned down. Not sure what else you want them to do. They rightly refused to part with Ingram or the 2nd pick.
This is what really annoys me about this crap-shoot. Pacers turning that down seems spiteful to me. Someone's gonna offer better, really? Really? You're gonna go into your season with a guy who doesn't want to play for you? You'd rather he walk for nothing than deal him to the team that he wants to go to, and for a decent price? Fuck off.

BTW how are Magic, Jeanie and Lowe going to justify their take-over when their first season will most likely have fewer wins than the old FO's?

They better be on their hands and knees praying to Zeus/Jesus that Ingram, Lopez and Ball play out of their minds. You can't take over the reins when the team is in an up-tick and then do even worse than the last guys and get a pass. Oh Hellllll no. I hope the media roasts them for that shit.

This is what really annoys me about this crap-shoot. Pacers turning that down seems spiteful to me. Someone offered better, really? Really? You're gonna go into your season with a guy who doesn't want to play for you? You'd rather he walk for nothing than deal him to the team that he wants to go to, and for a decent price? Fuck off.

They turned that down because they can likely get better picks from someone else. Boston could pretty easily beat that offer without even giving up a Nets pick.

Meier

All Orlando got for 35... was a future 2nd round pick. FML
Why do we do this. What is the point? Rabb is a quality player who is very arguably a first round talent..the odds are quite high that a 2nd rounder won't be any earlier than this so how would it even have any value?

It's the same shit as before despite a new GM -- just a trash organization to follow. 😡

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
They turned that down because they can likely get better picks from someone else. Boston could pretty easily beat that offer without even giving up a Nets pick.
Umm, then why haven't they? Why wouldn't the Pacers get this done already? Although they can, I don't think Boston is willing to give up a package that beats LA's.

Umm, then why haven't they? Why wouldn't the Pacers get this done already? Although they can, I don't think Boston is willing to give up a package that beats LA's.

That Lakers package will probably still be there at midseason. Indy has very little leverage, but if they don't necessarily have to rush.

mjp2417

Banned

Crowder, Smart, and the Memphis pick easily beats LA's offer. Indiana needs to trade PG but they can still afford to wait it out until something better pops up.

Why do we do this. What is the point? Rabb is a quality player who is very arguably a first round talent..the odds are quite high that a 2nd rounder won't be any earlier than this so how would it even have any value?

It's the same shit as before despite a new GM -- just a trash organization to follow. 😡

Is your roster filled? A lot of time in the second round you either spend it on the rights to a over seas players or you got to make room.

Magic Organization is a head scratcher, they seemed to be on the rise after Vucevic, Harris and Oladipo ect. and then they plateaued and didn't know what to do after the Skiles mistake turned out to be a surprise mistake to them

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
On the bright side, at least Summer League is gonna be lit.

Ball
Hart
Ingram
Nance / Kuzma
Zubac / Bryant

Damn good balance of passing, defense, length, and floor spacing. I think they can legit 'chip.

Top Bottom