• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2019/20 Regular Season |OT| Warriors......come out to play

Mista

Banned
The Lakers entire post season depends on a 35 year old lebron being healthy.

I don't see him being able to grind through the playoffs anymore like he used to at a super high level.
Incorret. The Lakers this time is more of a system than a one man player

You got Davis, Rondo, Green, Bradley, McGee, Howard, Kuzma, Caruso, and KCP they’re all effective and plays a big role in Lakers domination. Mind you I’m not saying Lebron isn’t the main man

Mista

Banned
I’m angry, heart broken and devastated right now. Nobody will ever understand what Kobe means to me💔😔

GreatnessRD

Was never a Kobe fan, but he was one hell of a player. Definitely one of the greatest to ever play the game. Heartbroken for all of the families, friends and fans impacted by this. Super gutted hearing his daughter was among one of the victims. Just can't escape the events of today even though I tried hard. So sad.

Mista

Banned
Are the Rockets even serious right now? They don't have a fucking Center anymore what the fuck?!

Hinedorf

Banned
Congrats to the Clippers for locking up the championship for this season. The only reality where the Lakers beat the Clippers in a 7 game series would likely require both Marcus Morris and Iguodala on the Lakers to stand a chance.

As a Lakers fan, the season is officially over without major injuries effecting the Clippers or Bucks. Fucking Jerry West....

Mista

Banned
Congrats to the Clippers for locking up the championship for this season. The only reality where the Lakers beat the Clippers in a 7 game series would likely require both Marcus Morris and Iguodala on the Lakers to stand a chance.

As a Lakers fan, the season is officially over without major injuries effecting the Clippers or Bucks. Fucking Jerry West....
Wait what? What championship? You’re also eliminating the Lakers from winning it?

With the Lakers form the only team that can make them struggle or stop them are the Bucks

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Not to be rude but lakers won as soon as kobe died. Im not saying its fixed but it just seems to work out that way

Hinedorf

Banned
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...s-jr-smith-to-work-out-for-la-early-this-week

This isn't fucking funny....

ZJPWhFY.jpg
2eTkIJF.gif

I'm 30 years old and I'm crazy about sports. Like I love basically all of them. So that means I support in some capacity a lot of different teams. So take all of that in consideration when I say that the Celtics game tonight was the worst loss I can remember witnessing in my life. Like here I am, 30 minutes afterwards and it's still making me sick. This game may have given me that ULTRA AIDS. Just motherfucking unbelievable.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'm 30 years old and I'm crazy about sports. Like I love basically all of them. So that means I support in some capacity a lot of different teams. So take all of that in consideration when I say that the Celtics game tonight was the worst loss I can remember witnessing in my life. Like here I am, 30 minutes afterwards and it's still making me sick. This game may have given me that ULTRA AIDS. Just motherfucking unbelievable.
That's exactly how I felt about the loss to Charlotte.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Oh things will be sexy aplenty, we might even get banned. And THEN have to witness Lebron winning a chip. Life's cruel.
I'm a Lakers fan too so that's fine with me if the Raps don't win, which I don't expect them to.

As long as the Clippers don't win, I'll be content.

I'm a Lakers fan too so that's fine with me if the Raps don't win, which I don't expect them to.

As long as the Clippers don't win, I'll be content.

Somehow I don't trust the Clippers, I don't even know if that's rational. I think the Lakers could do it, but I love the Rockets here. I REALLY like what Pringles is doing. Game against the Clippers tomorrow could tell us quite a bit about how doable that scheme is.

Hinedorf

Banned
So.... per the latest news report James Dolan has Covid-19.....

Probably the greatest twitter comment I've ever read: "The virus now has the virus" ....... I fucking cried

Cracklox

Needing some NBA back in my life. Hurry up end of July. Wanna see what this axe is gunna be capable of now hes in proper shape.

maxresdefault.jpg

Aren't most people going the other way since this lockdown started

Cutty Flam

Banned
AD, Kuz, Caruso, and Dion Waiters all played great. LeBron with pretty solid defense for once, gonna NEED THAT later keep it up

Alex Caruso came in so clutch with that defensive play omg dude

Cutty Flam

Banned
Doncic choked in OT

What a comeback by the Rockets too. If these two teams meet, it could be a classic. Dallas comes to play. They’re missing Powell too

bender

What time is it?
Doncic choked in OT

What a comeback by the Rockets too. If these two teams meet, it could be a classic. Dallas comes to play. They’re missing Powell too

Doncic didn't choke, he was terrible all game long and was exposed repeatedly on the defensive end. I bet he had close to 10 turnovers. Dallas defense was absolute trash and made no adjustments beyond those attempts at doubling harden which just gave Westrbrook easy catches in the middle of the floor for easy drives. The whole team choked with about 5 minutes left to play. The continued to not play defense and then decided playing offense was a bad idea too. KP and Burke played out of their minds. Boban was great in limited minutes. THJ was pretty good. Officiating was pretty infuriating too. Look at Harden wrong and it's a foul, beat the shit out of Luka and no foul. I can't wait until he starts getting superstar calls. Still, Dallas deserves this L for the massive choke job in the closing minutes and overtime. No chance these teams meet in the playoffs. They are too closely seeded and I don't see either getting out of the first round.

NickFire

I have to say that the NBA's return has been great to watch. I'm loving the constant games. I do wish they would change the jersey's to normal because its hard for me to read the bottom letters below the numbers, but whatever.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Only player with heart today was Kyle Kuzma. Lakers body language was fucking pathetic out there, terrible defense
I swear James Harden is too fucking good

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’m kinda concerned about the Lakers... they haven’t been looking so great in the bubble...
I’m still rooting for them to win it all though

bender

What time is it?
Love my Mavs but we are going to get slaughtered by the Clippers in the first round. This team wants no part of playing defense, doesn't shoot foul shots well enough and gets weak in the knees in the clutch.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Love my Mavs but we are going to get slaughtered by the Clippers in the first round. This team wants no part of playing defense, doesn't shoot foul shots well enough and gets weak in the knees in the clutch.
Clips are a tall order for any team. But I would think this will be great for the Mavs because we’ll see Luka against the very best, and get a true measurement of how great he is, playing versus arguably the toughest team in the league

bender

What time is it?
Clips are a tall order for any team. But I would think this will be great for the Mavs because we’ll see Luka against the very best, and get a true measurement of how great he is, playing versus arguably the toughest team in the league

It's going to be a great learning experience for him, but his shot has been broken in the bubble and he makes Dirk look like a 1st Team All Defense in comparison. We have a lot of team building to do too, but hopefully the Luka/KP foundation makes it easier to land free agents which is something we've been notoriously bad at doing. Glad to be back in the playoffs again.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Lillard playing like a god as if late. Not looking good for the LAL if we have to play them lol. Portland will be tough for anyone to compete with, if they defeat Memphis to play the Lakers...fucking Nets man. If they just would have won the Lakers were set to play scrubs. Now it’s the toughest 8th seed in recent memory

Could be a classic. All this assuming POR beats MEM...

Lillard playing like a god as if late. Not looking good for the LAL if we have to play them lol. Portland will be tough for anyone to compete with, if they defeat Memphis to play the Lakers...fucking Nets man. If they just would have won the Lakers were set to play scrubs. Now it’s the toughest 8th seed in recent memory

Could be a classic. All this assuming POR beats MEM...

LAL should thank their lucky stars they don't get to face the current Suns. Now that would have serious upset potential. The Blazers can't guard anyone.

Cutty Flam

Banned
LAL should thank their lucky stars they don't get to face the current Suns. Now that would have serious upset potential. The Blazers can't guard anyone.
Yeah defense will be an issue for the Trailblazers some, but they have some weapons on that team. If they find their rhythm they can go on some serious spurts and give the Lakers a pretty tough time. They have players ready to prove what they’re capable of right now. They have players that are just about ready to prove their worth and make a statement. Lillard of course is already saying something. CJ McCollum plays a stellar game when he’s a top dog and they needed him during all those games when everybody was injured, sometimes he would play really, really well with volume looks and all. But now that the team is healthy, I expect he can concentrate on defense more and will still be a tough guy to stop game for game if he can get hot. Nurkic is a baller. Zack Collins is pretty decent. Melo, don’t really have faith in his game anymore but still worry that he might get hot. OH YEAH, fucking Hassan Whiteside too...fucking forgot about that dude. He’s a black hole when it comes to gobbling up the glass. Seems like he can outrebound everyone outside of Drummond, maybe Gobert

Telling you bro, I wont feel comfortable watching that series. We all acknowledge they’re tough. Probably not enough to defeat the Lakers but at the same time I can’t say that with confidence. Hoping for 4-2 Lakers but it wont be an easy 4-2 I’m thinking

Really hoping Memphis can grind two victories out sending a strong message to Portland and rest of the league then the Lakers can easily just stomp them out lmao. Im hoping for that kind of of fight and them they come into the playoffs kind of taxed versus LAL and get overwhelmed. But it’s looking POR v LAL if you ask me

Cutty Flam

Banned
I’m not worried about the Suns if we faced them. Booker I doubt they can stop. Slow down some sure, but we can easily shut down that skinny ass fool who puts up numbers besides Devin Booker. Forget his name, oh yea Kelly Oubre Jr. Lakers would kill that dude he’d be a nonfactor most games

Top Bottom