• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizerman

Remember that T5 intro with Hwoarang and Steve fighting? Would love to have a three-way rivalry between Hwo/Steve and Jin. But no, Jin has to save the world... by destroying it. That's some Code Geass bullshit right there (I love Code Geass though).

Lulz. True, Jin's plan was suspiciously like the Zero Requiem so much that it hurts. Not to mention the special costume from Clamp...

Just waiting for a Mishima to do to her what they did to Shin Kamiya then

It was at that moment when Shin knew...he fucked up.

Most of the current rivalries are wack because they never develop. Ever. Ever Ever....

Ugh. Don't remind me.

lmao
The majority isn't always right. This is why direct democracy doesn't work.

And by "we" you mean the three people that commented on this? LOL

I mean its enough for me and no one else besides you have brought up counter points so until somone says otherwise then I'm good. Just do you Sayah, as always.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I mean I think we all knew you were gonna be anal about this just to prove a point every one agreed on.

Not an emptyquote, but, yknow, this.

Back to actual conversation, I really don't think fighting games need much in the way of story. The only really fleshed out stories I can think of are Mortal Kombat series, and they're awful. Some of the best FGs ever have essentially no story at all (Virtua fighter 3rd Strike).

Back to actual conversation, I really don't think fighting games need much in the way of story. The only really fleshed out stories I can think of are Mortal Kombat series, and they're awful. Some of the best FGs ever have essentially no story at all (Virtua fighter 3rd Strike).

MK's story isn't awful at all. And the SF3 series as a whole told a story with each update to the game. It was pretty much III > 2nd Impact >3rd Strike to finish off the saga which is kinda unique.

Spuck-uk

Banned
MK's story isn't awful at all. And the SF3 series as a whole told a story with each update to the game. It was pretty much III > 2nd Impact >3rd Strike to finish off the saga which is kinda unique.

What is Q's story then?

MK is..perhaps awful is the wrong word, it's just super cheesy and didn't appeal to me.

Sayah

I mean its enough for me and no one else besides you have brought up counter points so until somone says otherwise then I'm good. Just do you Sayah, as always.

Not an emptyquote, but, yknow, this.

It's okay. You were both wrong. Let it go.
tumblr_oa9d26cgrr1tpafe6o1_500.gif

GrayFoxPL

Lol I had a fight today where this Nina player was mashing d+3, 2(low into mid launch) so I'm mashing hopkick on block and fuck - nothing! He keeps doing it and I'm trying to punish it with hopkicks.

So we both mash our launchers like two stooges and I'm getting totally pissed off. I'm thinking:" Can't punish shit! This is like -16. What is this lag?! "

Now I check frame data. Nina: d+3,2 = -13~-11

ws3qxNi.png

That's what I get for not memorizing frame data every day.

sasuke_91

Lol I had a fight today where this Nina player was mashing d+3, 2(low into mid launch) so I'm mashing hopkick on block and fuck - nothing! He keeps doing it and I'm trying to punish it with hopkicks.

So we both mash our launchers like two stooges and I'm getting totally pissed off. I'm thinking:" Can't punish shit! This is like -16. What is this lag?! "

Now I check frame data. Nina: d+3,2 = -13~-11

ws3qxNi.png

That's what I get for not memorizing frame data every day.

You would be able to launch him with Kazuya... if you had tournament level execution :p

That launcher is so awful though. I always mistake it for her low/low string and get launched for ducking.

October's almost over, guys. We have 4 months to fill OT3 so we can cry about completing 2 OTs before T7 came out.

By the way, I'm glad nobody here participated in that RDR2 suicide-thread over in Gaming.

AAK

BTW guys, I'm really not active on GAF at all right now because of stuff. So if this thread reaches the 20k post someone else go ahead and make the OT3.

By the way, I'm glad nobody here participated in that RDR2 suicide-thread over in Gaming.

Over what controversy this time?

GrayFoxPL

You would be able to launch him with Kazuya... if you had tournament level execution :p

That launcher is so awful though. I always mistake it for her low/low string and get launched for ducking.

October's almost over, guys. We have 4 months to fill OT3 so we can cry about completing 2 OTs before T7 came out.

Yeah that 13 frame Electric.

Btw watching FR matches I notice less and less big punishes. Players settling on faster less damaging punishes. Dunno if it's lag, a new thing in arcades but dem 14 frame electric punishes are rare.

Btw new bound combo for Steve after b+2 is Flicker 1,d+1 or PeakaBoo df+2,1 and that's like 1-2 frame stance cancel. I'll have no idea how I'll pull it off, lol.

This one player I was watching hit b+2, FLK 1,d+1 95% of time, hella fast.

Over what controversy this time?

Something about women cowboys, black cowboys, historical stuff, I don't know.

sasuke_91

Btw new bound combo for Steve after b+2 is Flicker 1,d+1 or PeakaBoo df+2,1 and that's like 1-2 frame stance cancel. I'll have no idea how I'll pull it off, lol.
You mean PKB df+1,2? Or is df+2,1 a new move in T7?
Won't be able to pull that off either.

I think I've managed to hit about 2 14f electrics since getting this game. And there's harder stuff out there.

AAK

In Tag2 it's possible to land Steve's b+2, PAB d/f+1,1,2,1 B! so it should carry over into T7. I've never done it myself but the Toronto player Foxfists landed it in tournament so I know it's possible.

GrayFoxPL

You mean PKB df+1,2? Or is df+2,1 a new move in T7?
Won't be able to pull that off either.

I think I've managed to hit about 2 14f electrics since getting this game. And there's harder stuff out there.

Yeah it's df+1,2, my bad.

Best thing I pulled off was running up to Armor King, backdashing to avoid his uf+4 hopkick and punishing with electric on his recovery.

Which was totally unnecessary since he was almost dead, but looked cool as fuck. XD

In Tag2 it's possible to land Steve's b+2, PAB d/f+1,1,2,1 B! so it should carry over into T7. I've never done it myself but the Toronto player Foxfists landed it in tournament so I know it's possible.

There are players and there are robots.

But seriously I'm hoping the b+2 stun is adjusted few frames or/and hurtbox so it's easier to hit with stuff like FLK 1,d+1 that's high mid, I don't think I ever hit someone with a high after b+2 in Tag.

sasuke_91

There's pretty sick stuff you can pull off from Steve's b+2 even in TTT2. Considering it's his fastest launcher at 17 frames though, the execution barrier is a little high imo.
Hwo/Steve do good damage though (82 damage) and I get decent oki if I cancel my last hit into PKB in front of a grounded opponent, so I never really cared for harder stuff.

Yeah it's df+1,2, my bad.

Best thing I pulled off was running up to Armor King, backdashing to avoid his uf+4 hopkick and punishing with electric on his recovery.

Which was totally unnecessary since he was almost dead, but looked cool as fuck. XD

AK players really like to hopkick I noticed. I can deal with most bad AK players, but the constant use of hopkicks annoys me for some reason.

Pulling off an electric after your opponent whiffs a hopkick is very satisfying. Well worth the risk of fucking up, even if your opponent is half-dead :p

GrayFoxPL

AK players really like to hopkick I noticed. I can deal with most bad AK players, but the constant use of hopkicks annoys me for some reason.

Pulling off an electric after your opponent whiffs a hopkick is very satisfying. Well worth the risk of fucking up, even if your opponent is half-dead :p

Hopkicks are crazy good in Tekken and online they become insanely good. They are -13 but it's crazy hard to pull of 13 frame punishers on them and online? Online you can even mess up 10 frame jab punishes on hopkicks. Just a bit of lag and your opponent gets out free for spamming hopkick that potentially can kill you.

I wonder how players would react if hopkicks didn't launch on normal hit. Only counter hit and low crush.

Dem shredders are so good because it's low crush for ages while giving me 2 hits that are launchers. I'm only -13 so I take that every time.

sasuke_91

Hwoarang and Steve don't have a hopkick. Jin's and Xiaoyu's hopkicks are also inferior. When playing Leo or Lee though, I tend to hopkick a lot so I get what you mean.
My problem is also that I tend to play by frames a lot instead of crushing opponent's moves. Most moves crush at early frames, so I don't really have to fear anything. Xiaoyu is known as a crush monster even.

Numb

easy to avoid such threads

Expecting coli smilies and Harada''don't believe his lies'' pics
Hopkicks are crazy good in Tekken and online they become insanely good. They are -13 but it's crazy hard to pull of 13 frame punishers on them and online? Online you can even mess up 10 frame jab punishes on hopkicks. Just a bit of lag and your opponent gets out free for spamming hopkick that potentially can kill you.

I wonder how players would react if hopkicks didn't launch on normal hit. Only counter hit and low crush.

Dem shredders are so good because it's low crush for ages while giving me 2 hits that are launchers. I'm only -13 so I take that every time.
Online and hopkicks is a deady combination. If you needed it to only be on counter for them to launch it would create some honest Tekken beneath the higher level plays

GrayFoxPL

Hwoarang and Steve don't have a hopkick. Jin's and Xiaoyu's hopkicks are also inferior. When playing Leo or Lee though, I tend to hopkick a lot so I get what you mean.
My problem is also that I tend to play by frames a lot instead of crushing opponent's moves. Most moves crush at early frames, so I don't really have to fear anything. Xiaoyu is known as a crush monster even.

I'll try to crush everything. I'll even risk getting hit out of the air because not everyone can convert into big combo after that.

Btw one player beat me so bad with Steve and the key was ws+1+2. He just cancelled into Sendo Smash from everything. It made the move look way faster then it is.
He crushed my jabs with it. Jabs. Literally got launch punished by ws+1+2 all the time.

I need to find that replay then analyze and steal his shit, haha.

Online and hopkicks is a deady combination. If you needed it to only be on counter for them to launch it would create some honest Tekken beneath the higher level plays

I think so too.

I think without hopkicks it'd be crouch jab + power lows all day online. Also everyone with an orbital would really be a lot stronger then, relatively speaking.

GrayFoxPL

I think without hopkicks it'd be crouch jab + power lows all day online.

You'd still launch d+1 and lows with hopkicks. They just wouldn't work for so good for free at random. Like people whiffing a move from mid range and firing hopkick because opponent decided to dash forward.

Electrics could be adjusted too but they tried it with Kazuya in T4 and ppl hated it. Haha.

I'm just throwing out ideas, nothing serious.

My Jinpachi already spams crouch jab like it's VF

Ghaha, oh yes!

Numb

Good point. And as you said, this would be a big advantage for orbital users.

Do you have a choice? His normal 1,2 is -17 :p

The mishima string is bad i just use 1,b2 instead which is -5 but not wall splat. Jinpachi has more than enough wall splats tho
db1,2 crouch string is not safe but crush is godlike.Also wallsplat. Damn Jinpachi has so many KNDs and splats

sasuke_91

The mishima string is bad i just use 1,b2 instead which is -5 but not wall splat. Jinpachi has more than enough wall splats tho
db1,2 crouch string is not safe but crush is godlike.Also wallsplat. Damn Jinpachi has so many KNDs and splats

His pseudo-frametraps are also something I had to get used to.

The wallsplats and KND though... doesn't help that he has some of the best oki in the game.

ZeroX03

Banned
*sees Nintendo Switch reveal*

Okay this would be cool as hell for Tekken 7.

*looks for Bandai Namco listed as partner*

They're they are!

*sees the new d-pad*

jesus that's atrocious

At least the home controller has a normal (prefer DualShock style) one.

Playsage

They're they are!

*sees the new d-pad*

jesus that's atrocious

Maybe they can make something like a special pair of arcade stick-like joy-cons...

Nintendo Switch: your portable arcade machine

Numb

His pseudo-frametraps are also something I had to get used to.

The wallsplats and KND though... doesn't help that he has some of the best oki in the game.
Now imagine if i wasn't shit
sass1.png

They're they are!

*sees the new d-pad*

jesus that's atrocious

The normal controller one is less shit but they really need to fix the other one. Dualshock is good but the Vita is amazing
All i need is HD Monster Hunter on that handheld tho

GrayFoxPL

Ggs Sasuke. Sorry we got cut off, my ps3 just turned itself off mid match and when I got back I couldn't connect online. This happens often lately, my poor PS3 barely holding on it seems.

Anyway your Steve and Hwo are so crazy good now especially combo conversions with Steve. Dat Albatros into pkb cancel into 1,2,1 for bound - damn!

sasuke_91

Now imagine if i wasn't shit
sass1.png

Imagine if both of us weren't shit...

Ggs Sasuke. Sorry we got cut off, my ps3 just turned itself off mid match and when I got back I couldn't connect online. This happens often lately, my poor PS3 barely holding on it seems.

Anyway your Steve and Hwo are so crazy good now especially combo conversions with Steve. Dat Albatros into pkb cancel into 1,2,1 for bound - damn!

You ragequit, didn't you? ;p
The thing is, I thought it was PSN. After the DC I tried creating a lobby and it failed twice.

GGs man. I was confident the first few matches but your Paul ruined everything xD
Everything about this character annoys me to no end. His damage, his weird pushback for every other move, his stupid cancels and conversions, his wall game, deathfist, demo man, his annyoing lows that should be launch punishable and all that combined with your playstyle where you're not afraid to throw out shredders that you use like they're 10f punishers. He's not even that good, but I hate him so much!
*sigh*... Anyway, don't you dare stop playing him! I'll get used to him someday! :D

By the way, you have to work on that combo damage. There's a lot of damage you just let slip through your fingers. 3,1,4 db+2 instead of 1,2 df+1,2 after an EWGF is more than enough to get that extra damage.
Another thing is your hellsweeps. You twitch a little before doing one, which is why I can sometimes react to them. You don't do this for a WGF or any other move out of CD. Seems like you let a lot of that mist step animation pass before you input the CD.

And thanks! I love that Albatross into PKB 1,2,1 for wall splats. I saw IronJin (German Steve player) do it in a tournament and instantly tried copying it.
I should use Flicker way more in the open. It's evasive and FLK 1,1,1 is already pretty good and it jails. Knee uses it a lot and there's a reason fot that.

GrayFoxPL

You ragequit, didn't you? ;p
The thing is, I thought it was PSN. After the DC I tried creating a lobby and it failed twice.

GGs man. I was confident the first few matches but your Paul ruined everything xD
Everything about this character annoys me to no end. His damage, his weird pushback for every other move, his stupid cancels and conversions, his wall game, deathfist, demo man, his annyoing lows that should be launch punishable and all that combined with your playstyle where you're not afraid to throw out shredders that you use like they're 10f punishers. He's not even that good, but I hate him so much!
*sigh*... Anyway, don't you dare stop playing him! I'll get used to him someday! :D

By the way, you have to work on that combo damage. There's a lot of damage you just let slip through your fingers. 3,1,4 db+2 instead of 1,2 df+1,2 after an EWGF is more than enough to get that extra damage.
Another thing is your hellsweeps. You twitch a little before doing one, which is why I can sometimes react to them. You don't do this for a WGF or any other move out of CD. Seems like you let a lot of that mist step animation pass before you input the CD.

And thanks! I love that Albatross into PKB 1,2,1 for wall splats. I saw IronJin (German Steve player) do it in a tournament and instantly tried copying it.
I should use Flicker way more in the open. It's evasive and FLK 1,1,1 is already pretty good and it jails. Knee uses it a lot and there's a reason fot that.

Yeah it seems there's some ddos attacks on every other internet service so not only psn crapped out.

Yeah I miss a lot of damage. It's mostly nervousness and bad habit that I always go for 1,2 to keep the juggle going. There's also that thing where eg. in practice mode I can go with Paul for qcf+1, 3,2, b+1,2 for bound and it gets in every single time. Go online and it magically drops every other time. With the same timing of button presses. So I automatically switch to simplest jabs to not risk dropping more combos.
Worse are my wall combos because I can't for shit remember the fillers, lol.

But generally I'd have to be super relaxed during a match to go for practice mode combos. But it's Tekken, shit's not about being laid back! Haha. You go for crazy hard stuff like your brother. I'm always impressed.

I don't get what's with the Kaz twitching. I should make it look smooth but I can't yet. It's like it's doing double inputs or smth. Maybe I push 4 way too late.

I tried to get you with Paul's qcb+4 like 3 thousand times and couldn't, shit. That's one of his best moves too. :p

It's funny how you got hit with qcf+1+2 that move is slower then snake edge. Combo after it is also nerve wrecking because timing on run up 3,2 is crazy hard online. T7 dropping qcf+1+2 input, it's going to be hard to use for me.

You are overthinking fighting Paul. I must be very close to trip you with d+4. Imagine what risk I have to take to fire up short range d+4 with -31 on block. Even full demo man is -17. His cancels are so slow he is -18, -15 and -12 on hit. On block you can go to kitchen make a sandwich come back and you'll still have time to launch punish him, even with Steve. ;)
When you figure out the rhythm to fight Paul, I'm gonna have a hard time beating you. I always try to change up too. Trying to use every move I can remember.

Numb

Man, I need to play more as well, I play like once every week. Last time I played was against Ironfist Sect, I think it was like 14 days ago? lol, I need to step it up.

Same
We can get a session in this weekend or next if you are down

What happened to your internet?

Damn that sucks, so no practice for King of Iron Fist?

I moved into a bigger, newer, more expensive, apartment and that exact same week my boss decided to lose his shit and fire his entire long time staff. All the managers, everyone. So I lost my job and needed to find new one(s) and getting internet had to be put on the back burner. I'm still sorting things out money wise working adapting to my new jobs and pay structure. At the same time I have school so I need to get priorities straight.

So no I haven't had ANY practice for the KOIF since EVO. I went to Summer Jam to practice(before I the job thing) but of course Tekken 7 never showed. I'm going to try to make it to Canada Cup to practice but I dunno if I can cut it. It's unfortunate but it is what it is.

Sayah

I moved into a bigger, newer, more expensive, apartment and that exact same week my boss decided to lose his shit and fire his entire long time staff. All the managers, everyone. So I lost my job and needed to find new one(s) and getting internet had to be put on the back burner. I'm still sorting things out money wise working adapting to my new jobs and pay structure. At the same time I have school so I need to get priorities straight.

So no I haven't had ANY practice for the KOIF since EVO. I went to Summer Jam to practice(before I the job thing) but of course Tekken 7 never showed. I'm going to try to make it to Canada Cup to practice but I dunno if I can cut it. It's unfortunate but it is what it is.

Ah - that sucks. Sorry to hear! Hope things get well soon.

AAK

Are you even able to take time off school and work to attend the event considering it's a new job occupying a working weekday?

Sayah

Awhile back Harada talked about just that on twitter but a lot can change since then though. It was something he was thinking about.

They had specifically said that TKXSF would be a console game first but I'm pretty sure they'll walk back on that statement when/if TKXSF ever releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom