• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 8 demo launches December 14 for PS5, December 21 for Xbox Series and PC

Draugoth

Gold Member

Bandai Namco will release a demo for Tekken 8 on December 14 for PlayStation 5, and on December 21 for Xbox Series and PC, the company announced.

Here is an overview of the demo, via the official website:

About the Demo
  • This demo provides an opportunity for individuals who have never played the TEKKEN series to experience the world of Tekken 8, and engage in epic battles through some of the modes in the full version.
  • Included in the demo are story modes such as “Story” and “Arcade Quest” as well as battle modes like “Super Ghost Battle” and “Versus.”
Playable Modes in the Demo
  • Story: “The Dark Awakens” Chapter 1
  • Arcade Quest Chapter 1 (parts of the content differ from the full version)
  • Super Ghost Battle (unlocks after clearing Arcade Quest)
  • Versus (partial mode)
  • Gallery (partial mode)

*Save data will not carry over to the full version
*Online play is not available for the demo
Characters and Stages Available in the Demo
  • Playable Characters
    • Jin
    • Kazuya
    • Nina
    • Paul
  • Battle Stage
    • Sanctum
    • Urban Square (Evening)
    • Yakushima

Last edited:

RickMasters

Tekken....hell yeah.. gonna slap up, nuff man on this game. as always. what?.....none of you want the smoke...step off.

Staring Face Off GIF by DAZN

Oh can't play online? Only 4 characters?
Okay this is kind of pointless for me. Will wait for full game.

Last edited:
You have no idea how fucking cool the tekken demo’s were in the playstation 1 era.

Go back to your fortnites and dlc horses..

BOOOOOOO
?
They had 2 online beta with 19 characters already, I played both . Demo without online mode and 4 characters is pointless to me at this point.
Maybe try to keep up with news next time before shit posting :messenger_ok: ?

Last edited:

Edmund

Man. Can't wait for this game to finally release. Already preordered the deluxe edition. I remember taking a dump and a shower, and having a full meal 15 minutes before the game launched. I was just staring at the screen watching the countdown to 0 and I played the game for 6 hours straight when the game launched at 12mn.

While I am not sold on Tekken 8, I am going to play the demo back to back with Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag 2 on my Series S come December 21st to see if it is worth purchasing if/when the old cast resurfaces. As a Kazuya main, I am happy with the demo roster.

Get Ready Smile GIF by BANDAI NAMCO

Last edited:
You guys think the collectors edition is worth it? I did buy the tekken 7 CE back then, but not sure about this, the price is pretty steep tbh.

YCoCg

Sanctum being one of the stages is great, that shit has good music. Weird that all of the four playable characters are old ones though, not a single new character in there?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
From 3D movement and character customization to the kyu grading and arcade scene styled single player among many features and modes (hell they even did the same uneven ground arenas then back to flats return), people lap up everything Tekken rips from Virtua Fighter while dismissing it 🙄

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I don't even like fighting games that much and haven't played Tekken since PS2, but I'll probably give this a try.

Top Bottom