• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taiko Drum Master 2 for PS2: February 1, 2006

DSFan1970

I just cracked open Taiko 1 and I have sore arms. The covers are SOOO much better than Donkey Konga! Did Namco develope Donkey Konga? They are so similiar! I am looking into importing the other 5 released in Japan.

Amazon has Taiko 2 listed as coming in February. I hope this is true! Woot! Game is asweome even if the drum is not a resposive as it should be ( or as resposive as the DK Kongos which are OVERLY resposive.

My home is quickly becoming peripheral heaven. I have Bongos, Dreamcast original Maracas, Guitar Hero, Karaoke Revolution and the Mario Dance mat. Oy.

WindyMan

Oh wow, I was thinking of getting rid of my Taiko but if this is coming out, I have an excuse to keep it around for a few more months.

carlos

If this turns out to be true, it's very surprising to me; either namco is trying to establish a franchise even after the low sales of the first, or they like throwing away money.... (correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the first game sell like crap? )
Anyways, good news for me :)

off topic: DSFan, if you really want your home to be peripheral heaven, you HAVE to get steel battalion, and the DQ8 slime controller, among other things... ;)

DSFan1970

Konga v Taiko, Konga probably sold more as Nintendo's brand is far greater than Namco's.

I am sure that weak sales were not helped by the box art: it was too fruity/bizarre for the casual fan. I showed a friend the box and she was like what the hell is that?

It might be the case that the game is too Eastern for the US, much like Space Channel 5. Or perhaps they should have just named it DrumMaster. It sounds more...macho.

carlos

I actually bought both taiko and konga at the same time; the guy who sold it to me was looking at me like if I were some sort of freak.....well, he's not too far off....

I've gotten the "WTF is that?" reaction from pretty much anyone.... even the retailers....I bought it at 65 bucks the first day thinking that it would be hard to find and now I see it everywhere for 20 or less.....

Ditto on the "DrumMaster" sugestion.....

Top Bottom