• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Nintendo Oct 2 JP Conference (S&P2 on Wii, Punch Out Wii, DSi announced)

Dartastic

Gino said:
Punchout is a pretty simple game compared to what people charge 50 dollars for now a days. Unless they are adding a bunch it will feel a little weird paying 50 dollars for what, at least from screen shots, looks just like the SNES game with updated graphics.

True, but I think that if they include waggle (which they most certainly will) and online (hopefully...) that'll make it worth it right there.

Soule

wiiss71.jpg
There are no words... :'D

thefro

Gino said:
This is gonna be awesome. I wonder if they will charge full price for it.

Looks like it's NES Punch-Out! gameplay (multiple rounds, stars for uppercuts) and not SNES, which makes me really excited.

ivysaur12

Banned
duckroll said:
Takt of Magic (Magic Wand) is a RTS. You use the wiimote to draw magic signs with the magic wand to aid the troops, but you also use a cursor to control them, etc. Mission based.

Line Attack Heroes is an action game where you defeat heroes and get them to join your line which grows longer and longer and can then be used to clear obstacles and stuff to beat the stages.

Kensax is some multiplayer competitive game that is based on "internet search" as a theme, and uses word play. It says something about choosing words that have the most hits online, and hence having more attack power to beat your opponents. Up to 4 players can join in the fun at the same time, and you can play it even without internet connectivity.

Spawn Smasher is an action game where you use the wiimote to control the character to smash boxes and stuff all over the stages. Up to 4 players can join in for multiplayer as well.

Thank you. Takt of Magic and Line Attack Heroes look really interesting. I can't wait.

Gino

Dartastic said:
True, but I think that if they include waggle (which they most certainly will) and online (hopefully...) that'll make it worth it right there.
Hmm.. verses punchout eh. They'ed have to change the whole 'Find the weakness' mechanic. Also I hope it doesn't control like wii sports boxing which is just wave your arms as fast as you can.

Honestly I'd almost prefer it to have NES/SNES controls and make it a Wii ware game.

If not at least make it simple and budget priced.

Don't get me wrong I'm a HUGE punchout and Wii fan I just don't see how those old Mechanics are going to apply with Waggle.

duckroll

ivysaur12 said:
Thank you. Takt of Magic and Line Attack Heroes look really interesting. I can't wait.

I'm pretty upset that there was nothing from Monolithsoft at all. That would mean that anything they're working on now, won't be out even in a year's time. Sad ducky. :(

jgwhiteus

duckroll said:
I'm pretty upset that there was nothing from Monolithsoft at all. That would mean that anything they're working on now, won't be out even in a year's time. Sad ducky. :(

Nintendo hasn't abandoned their strategy of announcing stuff a few weeks/months before release, have they? (not that I would blame them; doesn't seem to be getting many returns so far). This could well be the stuff that's only scheduled to appear in Spring '09, with maybe a few being delayed or having a vague release date mid-year. I severely doubt this is all their first-party offerings for '09.

I think the Disaster team probably isn't getting anything out next year, but aren't there more Monolithsoft personnel besides the Disaster team? (don't know much about how they're structured internally)

duckroll

jgwhiteus said:
Nintendo hasn't abandoned their strategy of announcing stuff a few weeks/months before release, have they? (not that I would blame them; doesn't seem to be getting many returns so far). This could well be the stuff that's only scheduled to appear in Spring '09, with maybe a few being delayed or having a vague release date mid-year. I severely doubt this is all their first-party offerings for '09.

I think the Disaster team probably isn't getting anything out next year, but aren't there more Monolithsoft personnel besides the Disaster team? (don't know much about how they're structured internally)

None of the games you're seeing here today are technically "announced" at all. They won't be revealed in detail in magazines and previews until much closer to the release date. That's what Nintendo means. But if you don't see it in the trailer reel, there's pretty much zero chance of it appearing randomly in Spring 09. Last year we pretty much saw every single JP 2008 first party release in the trailer reels. We just didn't find out more about the games until much later.

jgwhiteus

duckroll said:
None of the games you're seeing here today are technically "announced" at all. They won't be revealed in detail in magazines and previews until much closer to the release date. That's what Nintendo means. But if you don't see it in the trailer reel, there's pretty much zero chance of it appearing randomly in Spring 09. Last year we pretty much saw every single JP 2008 first party release in the trailer reels. We just didn't find out more about the games until much later.

True, but there were definitely some games (like Animal Crossing Wii) which weren't shown or hinted at until mid-year at E3. Not that I think a Monolithsoft game would have that sort of status, but there will probably be a few more games coming out fall/winter '09 that weren't in the trailer reel.

duckroll

jgwhiteus said:
True, but there were definitely some games (like Animal Crossing Wii) which weren't shown or hinted at until mid-year at E3. Not that I think a Monolithsoft game would have that sort of status, but there will probably be a few more games coming out fall/winter '09 that weren't in the trailer reel.

Is Animal Crossing Wii out yet? No? Then it's a year since the conference, and it hasn't come out! I'm saying that anything we don't see at the conference now, won't be out for at least over a year from now. I don't care when it'll eventually be announced, it just won't be released by Oct 2009, which is a long fucking time!

Bizzyb

Banned
Gino said:
Punchout is a pretty simple game compared to what people charge 50 dollars for now a days. Unless they are adding a bunch it will feel a little weird paying 50 dollars for what, at least from screen shots, looks just like the SNES game with updated graphics.

you're joking right? If you seriously think this will just be the SNES game with better graphics, you best think again.

I for one hope that some kind of new *online* multiplayer modes or story mode will be added. Heck maybe even a charcater creation mode (for the multiplayer) would be awesome

Akai

duckroll said:
Is Animal Crossing Wii out yet? No? Then it's a year since the conference, and it hasn't come out! I'm saying that anything we don't see at the conference now, won't be out for at least over a year from now. I don't care when it'll eventually be announced, it just won't be released by Oct 2009, which is a long fucking time!

But AC wasn't technically REVEALED until this past E3!

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I just sold my Wii not too long ago, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that Nintendo opened a can of awesomeness last night.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
duckroll said:

I was really really hoping Nintendo would unveil some 1st party RPG goodness :(

But look on the bright side- clearly Monolithsoft is devoting all of it resources to the DIZASTA sequel.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
9:24: Cammie Dunaway takes the stage. "If I've learned anything in the past 11 months, it's that pleasing you guys takes showing you great games," she says while looking directly at me and Matt Cassamassina.

9:25: PUNCH OUT! CAMMIE SHOWS PUNCH-OUT. CAMMIE REDEEMED FOREVER. Available 1st half 2009 in the U.S. Punch out video reel. Oh my god, the music. The music. So awesome.
:lol

JDSN

Banned
9:25: PUNCH OUT! CAMMIE SHOWS PUNCH-OUT. CAMMIE REDEEMED FOREVER. Available 1st half 2009 in the U.S. Punch out video reel. Oh my god, the music. The music. So awesome.

:D

ivysaur12

Banned
duckroll said:

Yeah, I agree. What is Honne up to?

It's surprising to see all those new, first-party-published core games for Wii. Too bad we won't hear another word about most of them until two months or so before they're released in Japan.

Tiktaalik

EvilMario said:
Just waiting for the news from the NoA conference that Mother 3 is being localized, just in time to screw the fan translation that has been in the works for a year.

hahahh I was thinking that exact same thing. The translators policy is to stop translation should Nintendo ever release the game, but doing so now, now that the translation effort is 99% done (just testing) would be brutal.

justchris

duckroll said:

I don't know about that. Looks like everything they announced (first & second party anyway) will be out by midyear 2009. We probably won't see stuff planned for the end of 2009 until well into the year.

I think no one noticed but Chrono Trigger now has a Nov. 20 date in Japan. It used to be Nov. 27, two days after North America.

This means instead of NA getting it first this time, Japan still gets it first.

camineet

Banned
I feel good about Zelda Wii. I know it has not been mentioned officially
but you all know it's cooking. I'm sure we'll see it either at E3, or next October. long wait.
but there's much good coming from Nintendo. DSi - Punch Out Wii - Sin & Punishment 2, etc

methodman

Banned
camineet said:
I feel good about Zelda Wii. I know it has not been mentioned officially
but you all know it's cooking. I'm sure we'll see it either at E3, or next October. long wait.
but there's much good coming from Nintendo. DSi - Punch Out Wii - Sin & Punishment 2, etc

At this point they'd probably be better not showing Zelda whatsoever, and leave it for Wii HD.

yeah right lol

Top Bottom