• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2009 – The best year of Wii EVAR!! (Games pics and movies)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Last time I post all these, promise. Thought they should all be compiled in a "proper" thread anyways. Please forgive the semi-high filesizes.

Intro

Running Through the Field:
SonicBlackKnightGIF-RunningGrass01.gif

Battling

Slicing Up Walls

End:
r1bzwh.gif

VideoMan said:
Well you can add Deadly Creatures to the list. It's been delayed until February 9, 2009.
I freaking called it!

I never thought it was coming December 15th!

Gives them a bit of time to spruce it up even further.

Next year is going to be badass. This fall has fucking sucked on the Wii front.

Banned
Mad World
Punch-Out
The Conduit
Wii sports resort
Pikmin 3

That's all that has any chance of not being shit.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
666 said:
Mad World
Punch-Out
The Conduit
Wii sports resort
Pikmin 3

You put Punch-Out and Wii Sports 2 on the list but not House of the Dead? Oh it's on bish. :mad:

BDGAME said:
Muramasa: The Demon Blade - Release Date: TBA 2009
Published by: Xseed Games, Developed by: Vanillaware, Genre: Action
Video: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/207163.html
c_l1223300906_5.jpg

Sin and Punishment 2 - Release Date: TBA 2009
Published by: Nintendo, Developed by: Treasure, Genre: Action
Video: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40742.html
SP.jpg

The sequels to two of my favorite games of all-time.

MysticX said:
Oh god let´s hope so, and please don´t let the story mode be so fucking hard.

Being hard is what made Odin Sphere so badass. It really pushed me to developing more strategy and tactics to take down the enemies instead of other games where I had to level grind or mash harder. I heard that the game wasn't too bad on easy mode. The only thing that worries me about Muramasa is that they take out all the tactics and strategy from Odin Sphere and make it to a run-of-the-mill action RPG button masher.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Muramasa: The Demon Blade =/= Odin Sphere 2

Is it the spiritual successor to it? In practically every way, yes, but it's not technically a sequel.

Andrex said:
Muramasa: The Demon Blade =/= Odin Sphere 2

Is it the spiritual successor to it? In practically every way, yes, but it's not technically a sequel.

Yeah I know. It's much like how Odin Sphere was the successor to Princess Crown. But damn that and Sin and Punishment 2 on the same console on the same year? Add Snatcher 2 and my dreamlist would be complete.:D (well for games that are considered my favorites that weren't getting a "sequel" at the time).

Definitely looking forward to:

Arc Rise Fantasia
Sin and Punishment 2
Muramasa
Little King's Story
Rune Factory Frontier
Sonic and the Black Knight
Trace Memory R
Bleach Versus Crusade

Several other games on that list also look promising, and we still don't know close to the full lineup for the year.

2009 is definitely going to be an excellent year to be a Wii owner.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Flying_Phoenix said:
Yeah I know. It's much like how Odin Sphere was the successor to Princess Crown. But damn that and Sin and Punishment 2 on the same console on the same year? Add Snatcher 2 and my dreamlist would be complete.:D (well for games that are considered my favorites that weren't getting a "sequel" at the time).

Snatcher could be possible, Kojima doesn't seem to hate the Wii too much. Snake being in Brawl might help.

Anyone know what Mr. K. is up to these days?

bdouble

Nice OP though. This is why I bought a Wii. Well not really Nintendo games were first but all this is icing on the cake. Great thing is most of these are Q1 and might slip till later in the year. We really don't know what Nintendo plans to release. Does anyone else notice the lack of 2's, 3's and sequels in general on the list? :D

666 said:
Mad World
Punch-Out
The Conduit
Wii sports resort
Pikmin 3

What? Any chance? Nice. So wrong though. Lacks many key titles. IE MH3. I wouldn't even put Conduit having higher chance at being better than S&P2 or OMY and a bunch of other game. If S&P2 was just a remake of the 1st with pointer controls it would already be amazing. Thing is its not. Its a brand new game that looks absolutely bad ass.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
bdouble said:
Nice OP though. This is why I bought a Wii. Well not really Nintendo games were first but all this is icing on the cake. Great thing is most of these are Q1 and might slip till later in the year. We really don't know what Nintendo plans to release. Does anyone else notice the lack of 2's, 3's and sequels in general on the list? :D

Eh?

You're... right.

Strange because I thought just today how overreliant the industry is on older IPs this gen- and the silly thought crossed my mind that Nintendo would go new-IP-only for a generation soon, like they did for the NES. Investing in the future- even they must see that their IPs have limited lifespans. But that's what it was, a silly thought.

The saving grace then is third parties, as you pointed out. And the sequels on the list that are there really do matter (except Tenchu 4 :lol): Sin & Punishment 2, House of the Dead, Sonic, and Wii Sports 2, among others.

Banned
bdouble said:
What? Any chance? Nice. So wrong though. Lacks many key titles. IE MH3. I wouldn't even put Conduit having higher chance at being better than S&P2 or OMY and a bunch of other game. If S&P2 was just a remake of the 1st with pointer controls it would already be amazing. Thing is its not. Its a brand new game that looks absolutely bad ass.

Just my opinion, hombre! S&P bored me, 2 could be ok, but y'know... MH3 is irrelevant to me, and I don't really give a shit about 'key titles', just ones I want to play but oh how i'd like to be proven wrong! But when i've got my housemates 360 next to the Wii, it takes a bit more to get me excited about the lil dustlover... Was hoping for a mega hell yeah 09 of max brutality and ulitmate awesome, but alas.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
666 said:
Just my opinion, hombre! S&P bored me, 2 could be ok, but y'know... MH3 is irrelevant to me, and I don't really give a shit about 'key titles', just ones I want to play but oh how i'd like to be proven wrong! But when i've got my housemates 360 next to the Wii, it takes a bit more to get me excited about the lil dustlover... Was hoping for a mega hell yeah 09 of max brutality and ulitmate awesome, but alas.

Have you... read the OP? Seen MadWorld, House of the Dead?

"Dustlover", :lol, GTFO with that trolling.

Banned
Andrex said:
Have you... read the OP? Seen MadWorld, House of the Dead?

"Dustlover", :lol, GTFO with that trolling.

Ummm, yeah. I'm excited about Mad World, hence it being in my list. Hell, it probably won't get past the Australian censors though which would suck.

666 said:

Wow, Microsoft is really amazing. On top of everything else, they've designed a way for their video game system to NOT collect dust as long as it is being used?

Amazing.

:lol

Tenbatsu

Haunted said:
Because he's too busy playing anything else.

Don't worry, it wasn't a dig.
I think
:lol
Yes you are right!:D
I stopped my PS2 games purchases too after the release of Monster Hunter(s), really no time to play anything else. You're are talking about a game that fetch few hundreds or thousand hours here. Argh cant wait!!

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
Sheesh!

Day 1
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Arc Rise Fantasia
Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
Little King's Story
The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces
Wii Sports Resort
Tales (Unnamed)
Red Steel 2
so sue me, I enjoyed the original
Disaster : Day of Crisis
so sue me reggie!

Interested
Capcom VS Tatsunoko
Sin and Punishment 2
Punch-Out!
Monster Hunter 3
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
Rune Factory Frontier
Ougon no Kizuna
The Conduit

*looks at list*

Damnit.
Looks like my only chance to get a 360 arcade is during tax-time, there aren't nearly as many 360 games I want, but enough older titles to be worthwhile for a $200 console, barely....

The list of games on my radar:

Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars
Deadly Creatures
Mad World
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Sin and Punishment 2
Punch-Out!
Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
Endless Ocean 2: Beautiful Ocean
Ougon no Kizuna
Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
Cursed Mountain
The Conduit
Wii Sports Resort
Tales of --- (a mothership Tales title )
Pikmin 3
Red Steel 2
Renegade Kid’s Dracula

2010:

No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle

Of these, I might buy four or five and most will drop right off my radar at any time.

I still need to get the original NMH and Disaster: Day of Crisis.

2009 is shaping up to be a sickingly great year of games for me, so far I have:

Definite buy (day 1 in bold)
Monster Hunter 3
Fragile
FFCC: Echoes of Time (not sure DS or Wii though)
Little King’s Story
Endless Ocean 2
The Conduit

Bleach Versus Crusade
Sky Crawlers
Wii Sports Resort
Tiger Woods 2010
NMH: DS (well, in 2010)

See how it turns out/if I have time and money
Cosmic Walker (if this is anything like Endless Ocean in space then day 1 for me)
Punch Out
Dynamic Slash
Cursed Mountain
Overlord: Dark Legend

Interested but very unlikely to have the time and money
Mad World
Rune Factory
Klonoa
Arc Rise Fantasia
Red Steel 2

Not to mention HoI3 and who knows what else on the PC, 2nd half Wii games, and DS games. I may not even have time and money for the games in my will buy list at this rate.

Haunted said:
I'm inclined to agree, although it had its moments.
Now why is it that I'm surprised all four of those don't link to Monster Lab videos?

BDGAME

TODAY UPDATE

PS3 EQUIVALENT TOPIC - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343133

Renamed game: Tenchu 4: Shadow Assassins

New Klonoa Pic:
c20081121_klonoa_43_cs1w1_640x360.jpg

Old one:
18.jpg

NEW GAMES

BOOM BLOX 2 - Release Date: TBA
Published by: Eletronic Arts, Developed by: Eletronic Arts, Genre: Puzzle
Site: http://weblogs.variety.com/the_cut_scene/2008/11/electronic-arts.html
logo.png

Colin McRae: DiRT 2 - Release Date: TBA 2009
Published by: Codemasters, Developed by: Codemasters, Genre: SimulatorRacing
OBS: If this game became a stupid PSP port, I will remove it from this list
Colin_McRae_DIRT2.jpg

WIIWARE

Swords & Soldiers
Published by: -, Developed by: Ronimo Games, Genre: Strategy
site: http://www.swordsandsoldiers.com/
video: http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=dBxJLNm45Yc
SwordSoldiers2_medium.jpg

Cave Story – Release Date: Early 2009
Published by: -, Developed by: Nicalis, Genre: Action-Adventure
Video: http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=5PARwWTK_48
hrhekz.png

Evasive Space - Release Date: January 2009
Published by: -, Developed by: High Voltage / Yuke's, Genre: space shooter
955081_20081119_screen020.jpg

Animales de la Muerte - Release Date: TBA 2009
Published by: -, Developed by: High Voltage Software, Genre: Beat'n Up shooter
Video: http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=j7LR6EXx9ug
animales.jpg

Snowboard Riot - Release Date: January 2009
Published by: -, Developed by: Hudson Soft, Genre: action raccing
large.jpg

LIT - Release Date: TBA 2009
Published by: -, Developed by: Way Forward, Genre:
large.jpg

Dragon Master Spell Caster
Published by: -, Developed by: Stickmen Studios, Genre: RPG
large.jpg

Shantae - Release Date: TBA
Published by: -, Developed by: Way Forward, Genre: Adventure
ShantaeSitting.jpg

Zihark

what is that dragon master wiiware game, first I've heard of it-any more pics or impressions on it? Nice update, though.

BDGAME said:
TODAY UPDATE

Dragon Master Spell Caster
Published by: -, Developed by: Stickmen Studios, Genre: RPG
large.jpg

Shantae - Release Date: TBA
Published by: -, Developed by: Way Forward, Genre: Adventure
ShantaeSitting.jpg

!
Never heard of these, any info or anything?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
SilverLunar said:
!
Never heard of these, any info or anything?
Shantae is a rumored/confirmed game coming to WiiWare, although WayForward (developers) said that it could come to DSi. It would be a sequel to the Gameboy Color Game.

Fantastical said:
Shantae is a rumored/confirmed game coming to WiiWare, although WayForward (developers) said that it could come to DSi. It would be a sequel to the Gameboy Color Game.

Any system that gets a new Shantae will be the System of the Forever, forever.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Fantastical said:

I hope Virt will be on soundtrack duties...

Can't really say anything on this list excites me.

Pikmin 3 is all that grabs my attention and that doesn't even have a release date.

Where are the Nintendo games damnit?

Top Bottom