• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2009 – The best year of Wii EVAR!! (Games pics and movies)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
DancingJesus said:
Can't really say anything on this list excites me.

Pikmin 3 is all that grabs my attention and that doesn't even have a release date.

Where are the Nintendo games damnit?

They're all already on the system, damnit.

You're forgetting S&P2 and Punch-Out, and possible Kid Icarus (2010 for sure!)

Andrex said:
They're all already on the system, damnit.

You're forgetting S&P2 and Punch-Out, and possible Kid Icarus (2010 for sure!)

Yea, but I already beat all of them. I mean they were absolutely fantastic but there is only so many times I can go back and play them. It's a new year, time for some new stars.

They have so many unused franchises that they can tap into for the Wii.
(Donkey Kong, Kirby, Starfox, Pikmin, Kid Icarus)

As for Sin and Punishment, it's not really my style of game and Punch-Out seems better suited as a Virtual Console game; there isn't much to it.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
DancingJesus said:
Can't really say anything on this list excites me.

Pikmin 3 is all that grabs my attention and that doesn't even have a release date.

Where are the Nintendo games damnit?
Do people just completely ignore games that aren't by Nintendo?
Mad World? The Conduit? House of the Dead?
I understand if you say the list doesn't excite you, but only naming one game that could possibly interest you... have you checked out the other games at all? At least check out Little King Story considering it is somewhat similar.

Fantastical said:
Do people just completely ignore games that aren't by Nintendo?
Mad World? The Conduit? House of the Dead?
I understand if you say the list doesn't excite you, but only naming one game that could possibly interest you... have you checked out the other games at all? At least check out Little King Story considering it is somewhat similar.

House of the Dead? C'mon that shit has been done a hundred times

Conduit looked like a decent, competent FPS.

Mad World seems to be the most promising of the bunch, but I'm still not very excited about it.

I don't buy Nintendo systems for third party games. That just isn't their bread and butter anymore and hasn't been since the 64 era.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
DancingJesus said:
Yea, but I already beat all of them. I mean they were absolutely fantastic but there is only so many times I can go back and play them. It's a new year, time for some new stars.

They have so many unused franchises that they can tap into for the Wii.
(Donkey Kong, Kirby, Starfox, Pikmin, Kid Icarus)

As for Sin and Punishment, it's not really my style of game and Punch-Out seems better suited as a Virtual Console game; there isn't much to it.

Well don't complain about there being no Nintendo games on the system, when in fact, all their biggest IPs have graced it and then some.

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat on Wii is coming with analogue controls, making it basically Donkey Kong Country 4.

I'm 99% sure that the fabled Kirby GameCube/Wii project is being expedited after Kirby SuperStar Ultra's awesome sales in Japan.

Don't know what could be done with Star Fox. Don't know how wide its appeal is after the GC games.

Pikmin we know is coming.

And I'm also 99% sure Kid Icarus is in fact being made.

You left Luigi's Mansion and F-Zero off your list, btw. I really want LM2 myself. F-Zero FX or whatever would probably be too expensive and time consuming to make it even match GX.

Wii still has at least three years left, people. Nintendo really blew their load the first two years and now people bitch there's nothing, and if all these titles came out next year I'm sure there'd be even more of it in 2011 and 2012.

DancingJesus said:

Mad World seems to be the most promising of the bunch, but I'm still not very excited about it.

I don't buy Nintendo systems for third party games. That just isn't their bread and butter anymore and hasn't been since the 64 era.

You're part of the problem.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
DancingJesus said:

But it pains me to see people who complain about the Wii not having any software, and then they don't play stuff like Zack and Wiki or de Blob or No More Heroes.

And I still think House of the Dead looks good even if its been done many times. It clearly looks different and it looks badass. The style is what is really selling me on the game. If you haven't seen that trailer, you must. You will cry blood from your own eyes.

Haunted

DancingJesus said:
Japanese third parties are ramping up up up! You're missing out, son.

I'm definitely interested in:

Tales of Symphonia 2
Mad World
Sin & Punishment 2
Punch Out
Monster Hunter 3
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
FFCC: Echoes of Time
House of the Dead Overkill
The Conduit
Wii Sports Resort
and Pikmin 3

I have a PS3 so I'm likely to pick up Tomb Raider on that, but I enjoyed Anniversary on Wii. I've got an open mind about Red Steel 2, I think Ougon no Kizuna has an interesting style, and Cursed Mountains concept artwork is good at least! KORE gang could end up being a fun little game.

Anyone know if they've done away with the stupid bucket carrying job in FFCC? If that goes, that will be an amazing online Wii/DS title. The thing I loved most about Wii Sports was the multiplayer, but you can't always get people to play with, if Sports Resort has a good online mode that'll be great too. I kind of wish they were including existing Wii Sports games in it if they have online actually :(

Andrex said:
Well don't complain about there being no Nintendo games on the system, when in fact, all their biggest IPs have graced it and then some.

I can complain all I want, not releasing a major Nintendo game for nearly 2 years is not acceptable. Look at Sony or Microsoft, as soon as they pump out God of War or Halo does that mean they don't have to put out any games for the next 2 years? Of course not, they create new IP's for new generations.

Andrex said:
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat on Wii is coming with analogue controls, making it basically Donkey Kong Country 4.

*facepalm, No..just no..not even close. Keep fooling yourself

Andrex said:
I'm 99% sure that the fabled Kirby GameCube/Wii project is being expedited after Kirby SuperStar Ultra's awesome sales in Japan.
So based on your dreampipe rumor we are getting a Kirby game in 09? Sweet..

Andrex said:
Don't know what could be done with Star Fox. Don't know how wide its appeal is after the GC games.

That's why you don't work at Nintendo, they could easily create a fresh experience with the Wii-Mote and Starfox.

Andrex said:
And I'm also 99% sure Kid Icarus is in fact being made.

Again this purely based off rumor let alone that there is no way in hell it will be coming out in 09.

Andrex said:
You left Luigi's Mansion and F-Zero off your list, btw. I really want LM2 myself. F-Zero FX or whatever would probably be too expensive and time consuming to make it even match GX.
Yea, I'd like to see a new F-Zero as well

Andrex said:
You're part of the problem.

So, because I don't buy shitty third-party games that I can't afford, I'm part of the problem? No sir, you are part of the problem for fueling mediocrity on Wii.

Gah I forgot about wiimakes. I'm very interested in the Metroid Prime games and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. I'd KILL for them to revisit and complete Wind Waker though :9

Must Buys:Mad World, Muramusa GOTY vanillaware, Sin and Punishment 2, Monster Hunter 3, Arc Rise Fantasia, Fragile, Little Kings Story (<3), Kizuna, Fatal Frame 4, The Conduit, Tales Of

Rentals:Klonoa, HOTD Overkill, Another Code R, Rune Factory, Tenchu 4 MAYBE, Overlord maybe, Sky Crawlers

Not enough info but interested: Cosmic Walker, Punch-out, Dynamic Slash, The Calling

Shit, seeing them all at once is wierd. I mean, I knew the games were coming, but wow, the Wii really is coming into its own. I'm so proud of the white little box.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
DancingJesus said:
I can complain all I want, not releasing a major Nintendo game for nearly 2 years is not acceptable. Look at Sony or Microsoft, as soon as they pump out God of War or Halo does that mean they don't have to put out any games for the next 2 years? Of course not, they create new IP's for new generations.

Your problem though is that you don't want new IPs for the Wii, as in the OP. You just want more of Nintendo's sequels, which they are quickly running out of.

DancingJesus said:

Never said '09, but I don't doubt the game's in development anymore.

DancingJesus said:
That's why you don't work at Nintendo, they could easily create a fresh experience with the Wii-Mote and Starfox.

Never said they couldn't, just that it wouldn't be a good business decision for them after the GC games. Which is the reason why you don't work at Nintendo.

DancingJesus said:
Again this purely based off rumor let alone that there is no way in hell it will be coming out in 09.

Why does everything have to come out in '09? Like I said (in the part you so elegantly glossed over in replying to me), if everything did you'd be back bitching at the end of 2009 that there's no 2010 Nintendo sequels anymore.

DancingJesus said:
So, because I don't buy shitty third-party games that I can't afford, I'm part of the problem? No sir, you are part of the problem for fueling mediocrity on Wii.

You're deluding yourself if you think even 20% of the games in the OP will be mediocre, or that there aren't quite a few gems on the Wii already (Boom Blox, Monster Lab, LostWinds, among others.)

Which, sadly, you'll never get to play because you can't accept that a third party game could in fact be good on a Nintendo system. It's bigoted, blind, and like I said, make's you part of the problem there aren't more good third party games (despite there being a quite few already).

Azure J

Dragona Akehi said:
Any system that gets a new Shantae will be the System of the Forever, forever.

Quoted for truth. :lol

Meanwhile, looks like I'll be fulfilling my gaming quota with just what's announced so far. PC/Wii/DS, you do a broke college student good. :lol

Threi

notag
I find it amusing how DancingJesus thinks the games he likes matters.

kind of cute really.

listen up lil' feller the games I like are the ones that are worth a shit, and most of them are on the Wii next year.

End of story. LOL @ trying to debate it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Threi said:
I find it amusing how DancingJesus thinks the games he likes matters.

kind of cute really.

listen up lil' feller the games I like are the ones that are worth a shit, and most of them are on the Wii next year.

End of story. LOL @ trying to debate it.

I usually try to avoid agreeing with Threi as it only fuels his ego, but in this case...

DancingJesus said:

DancingJesus said:

The amount of fail in these statements is just ridiculous.

DancingJesus said:

It was actually suppose to see release this year. But you know Nintendo. Either way an '09 release is very likely.

vareon said:
I'm interested in Dynamic Slash. How was Sandlot's previous games? Were they any good?

The last game they made.

255px-Earth_defense_force_2017_box_art.jpg

The list.

Jaded Alyx said:

Why not just call it "Tenchu IV"?

MarkusRJR

vareon said:
I'm interested in Dynamic Slash. How was Sandlot's previous games? Were they any good?
I played EDF 2017 on the Xbox 360 and it was super addicting. It's a simple and low budget but it's extremely fun.

Dagnabbit, stop listing more games. I'm already stretching my 2009 gaming budget and time as it is.

Andrex said:
I usually try to avoid agreeing with Threi as it only fuels his ego, but in this case...
Heh, well I'll agree with you and avoid any such Threi ego fueling.

Arguing with Nintendo fanboys is like arguing to a brick wall.

Can't a person be disappointed that there is no major Nintendo releases in 2009? Sheesh.

Sadist

DancingJesus said:

Can't a person be disappointed that there is no major Nintendo releases in 2009? Sheesh.
But... we have no clue on this very moment for 2009.

Sadist said:
But... we have no clue on this very moment for 2009.

Reggie said for himself not to expect anything for a long time. Plus, Nintendo always announces their games way in advance, (Metroid Prime 3/ Super Smash Brawl) They were at E3 nearly 2 years in advance. I'm basing my disapointment on the list in this topic and their current planned lineup.

Tenbatsu

DancingJesus said:

Who cares bout Nintendo releases when we have an awesome 3rd parties lineup?

Haunted

DancingJesus said:

Feel free to be disappointed by Wii's 2009 lineup, but... well, it's your fault for not even considering third party titles. :lol

DancingJesus said:
Reggie said for himself not to expect anything for a long time. Plus, Nintendo always announces their games way in advance, (Metroid Prime 3/ Super Smash Brawl) They were at E3 nearly 2 years in advance. I'm basing my disapointment on the list in this topic and their current planned lineup.
They haven't done this in a while.

BDGAME

DancingJesus said:
Me, and a boatload of other people. Deal with it.

It's true. In this topic has many gafers that don't like this list because don't see F-Zero, Star Fox or Donkey Kong.

It's very normal, buy a Nintendo console for Nintendo games. To say the truth, everybody here buy a Wii to play Wii Sports, Metroid, Mario or other Nintendo's franchise and not for third party games.

But Nintendo say that it's new strategy is only announce a game when it's close to launch (3 to 6 month), so nothing prevent Nintendo announced a New F-Zero, a New DK or even the New Zelda for 2009.

We need waiting to see... or look what can be good that is not necessary a Nintendo game.

BDGAME said:
But Nintendo say that it's new strategy is only announce a game when it's close to launch (3 to 6 month), so nothing prevent Nintendo announced a New F-Zero, a New DK or even the New Zelda for 2009.

This is bullshit. They only said this to keep the faithful N-fans from losing hope.

Sadist

DancingJesus said:
Well... Reggie tends to talk bollux these days.

Btw, with major release you mean Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Donkey Kong etc?

Maybe Pikmin 3 will make 2009. You could always consider Punch Out! or Sin & Punishment 2.

Frencherman said:
Even Nintendo is not such evil :lol
*insert Patatomoto comic*

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Zerodoppler said:
This is bullshit. They only said this to keep the faithful N-fans from losing hope.
You haven't been paying attention. This is how Nintendo does things now.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
DancingJesus said:

We never said you couldn't be disappointed about Nintendo's titles. It's just that you only seem to care about Nintendo's titles, and none of the other great looking games coming from third parties.

Wow, Another Code Wii is looking good! Though the only Cing game I've played is Hotel Dusk and I didn't really like it that much.

Haunted said:
SP.jpg

PunchOut.jpg

EndlessOcean2.jpg

wiiss93.jpg

pikmin_3.jpg

Obviously not.

Are you seriously pinning Endless Ocean 2 as a big release for hardcore gamers? Wow you guys are desperate..

Throwing frisbee's to dogs doesn't sound exactly fun to me.

Pikmin 3 doesn't have a release date so I don't really know why it's on that list.

Punch Out is not worth $60. Sure it may be fun for a half hour or so, but there isn't much depth to it at all. It certainly isn't a meaty Nintendo release.

ivysaur12

Banned
DancingJesus said:
Punch Out is not worth $60. Sure it may be fun for a half hour or so, but there isn't much depth to it at all. It certainly isn't a meaty Nintendo release.

What was the last Wii game that was $60? Do you even have one?

ivysaur12 said:
What was the last Wii game that was $60? Do you even have one?

I meant 50, yes I have one and lot's of games for it. I just haven’t bought any in a while. (Mario Kart being the last)

My point was that it wasn't worth full price.

Dascu

DancingJesus said:
I like how you know the exact price and content of Punch-Out Wii.

Could you tell me how many stages Sin&Punishment 2 will have while you're at it?

Top Bottom