• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikma

Banned
Rösti;126498545 said:
Out of curiosity, I visited an archive of Nintendo of America's webpage shortly after the release of Super Smash Bros. in North America: https://web.archive.org/web/19990427192531/http://www.nintendo.com/home/index.html

There's a link there to the Super Smash Bros. Slamfest '99 which was held on April 24 that year: https://web.archive.org/web/1999090...t.com/nintendo/19990424/product_announcement/

It was a live broadcast wrestling match between the characters in the original commercial - Pikachu, Yoshi, Mario and Donkey Kong. Held at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas to promote the the release of the game on April 26. Now, I haven't been able to find much information about this at all, the only thing I could find was a writeup and some photos from a Tripod site called Zelda 64 Central, apart from the information available on the site hosted by MediaOnDemand.com:

The archived page of the event can be crawled from earliest September 8, 1999, but there's no media there.

A link to a rebroadcast of the event is there, but it doesn't work:: http://media.internetbroadcast.com/nintendo/19990424/product_announcement/meta/rebroadcast.ram

Mario, Yoshi and Pikachu have working descriptions, the page for Donkey Kong does not work.

Mario

Yoshi

Pikachu

slamfest99u3k2z.png

I wonder if they could perhaps make a similar event for the Wii U release. Perhaps they could team up with WWE and have some famous wrestlers get into those suits and duke it out.

slamfest14ayrxz.png

Could be something like this maybe (of course would have required a lot of planning):

Source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...tion-WWE®-Studios-Team-Celebrity#.U_Z-HPl_t8E

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20141031005649/en/Nintendo-WWE-Teamup-Super-Smash-Bros-Slamfest#.U_Zq1_l_t8F
:lol that's so damn ridiculous, but I think it'd be infinitely better if instead of WWE wrestlers we had Reggie as Donkey Kong vs Bill Trinen & The Treehouse as everyone else. I'd pay full price tickets to see that live. :p

There will be no character reveal tonight. It will focus on a mode on the 3DS. So it is written blah blah...

"It is written, only Sakurai can defeat the leak."

"Great! I'll grab my newcomer trailer!"

"There is no time. Your Pic of the Day is enough!"

Note that I'm perfectly fine with the leak for the most part.

Masked Man

I said wow
Masked man is tuxedo mask? Go figure lol.

I'm a little embarrassed to say that I've never seen an episode of Sailor Moon, but I'm flattered nonetheless! I'll take "suave and debonair superhero" and run with it. ;)

I know this is kinda random but I just wanted to thank you guys, SmashGAF is probably the best GAF sub-community I've ever had the honor to be part of. You guys really make my day!

I feel exactly the same way. SmashGAF is far and away my favorite gaming community. You guys are the best!
(Also, get well soon, Pikma!)

Neoxon

Desperate times call for desperate measures. This leak madness has left me no choice. I must pray to it once again.

NEVERMIND

Ceravic

The official one on the left seems to have unique image renders, and the one on the right contains stock images from the website?

I really hope the leak is true. Duck Hunt Dog is such a great addition and Bowser Jr. in the Koopa Kar could lend to a very interesting playstyle. Since Chorus Kids have become my most wanted newcomer since the idea popped up in the Gematsu leak, I really do hope the DLC part is true also. So I'm gonna go ahead and commit to #TeamReal.

Berordn

Aβydoς;126504866 said:
The two menus have the same identical shape. Doesn't mean much imho.
It is weird that Samus is the one in the characters one though, maybe it changes randomly?

It's kind of weird that the background is identical (since the backgrounds and icons animate in Melee and Brawl) and remarkably convenient that they're laid out the same (since the banners seem to be inconsistent elsewhere in the menus), but we've seen so little of the menus in video that it's impossible to say that it's unlikely or wrong.

A curious thing to bring up but it's not proof or anything.

Durden77

Edit: Now irrelevant, as Nexon seems to realize he's made a mistake.

In other news:

VB902x1.png

Where did the left picture even come from? Was it made as well?

If not, this leaker, if a faker, has crazy attention to detail. The they nailed that the top option won't have text shadows, while the bottom one does, along with the white boxes, and the bottom right symbol changing with the menu, is pretty nuts.

Where di the left picture even come from? Was it made as well?

If not, this leaker, if a faker, has crazy attention to detail. The they nailed that the top option won't have text shadows, while the bottom one does, along with the white boxes, is pretty nuts.

Left picture came from the Smash 3DS at E3.

Durden77

Left picture came from the Smash 3DS at E3.

Hmmmm... to me this makes it seem more legit. They've really got all the details down, and that's the first time I've seen that pic on the left. That type of specific text shading hasn't been detailed anywhere else as far as I know. This along with the graphical glitch thing...like damn.

Yeh the ones from the leak are stock images, but Smash uses stock images all the time.

As far as the Mii Fighters icon, they wouldn't be expected to change it. I could kind of see the argument of "why would they use a stock photo for the other icon?", but that's not really strong evidence.

By the way, someone mentioned that the Pikmin in the For Fun Team Smash weren't original renders - is this true?

Makai

Was there a leak of similar veracity to this one during Brawl's prerelease? I don't remember any expected characters that didn't make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom