• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
I've come up with the best scenario for maximum meltdown:

1. Picture goes up, it's Klonoa as playable character.
2. It uses the exact same render as that speedpainting video
3. There is a trailer
4. The trailer is the speedpainting video, except at the very end, the video zooms out.
5. The speedpainter is Sakurai
6. Sakurai turns to the camera, and rips out his face mask.
7. He's actually Kojima.
8. Snake is confirmed.

m-night-shyamalan_1334621413.jpg

Durden77

3. There is a trailer
4. The trailer is the speedpainting video, except at the very end, the video zooms out.
7. He's actually Kojima.

Snake confirmed.

I'm good.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
SInce there's a chance the leak could die with the next PotD and I'm off to bed let me say, if HenryGale doesn't confirm the bet is on (because I don't want to risk someone chickening out with a 'we never shook on it' clause) I'm willing to take it up with someone else.

I'm #TeamFake and it'll be a one month avatar bet. First come first serve. Just respond to this. Don't worry, I'm not going to chicken out so take this post as my acceptance as well.

Caladrius

SInce there's a chance the leak could die with the next PotD and I'm off to bed let me say, if HenryGale doesn't confirm the bet is on (because I don't want to risk someone chickening out with a 'we never shook on it' clause) I'm willing to take it up with someone else.

I'm #TeamFake and it'll be a one month avatar bet. First come first serve. Just respond to this. Don't worry, I'm not going to chicken out so take this post as my acceptance as well.

I'll bite

YOLO

Neoxon

We need to all band together & sleep through this PotD. We need a veteran tonight to end this leak, & I don't think I will be enough.

Durden77

Tonight's PotD will do nothing to further the leak in anyway, and the weekend will be filled with burning streets,

I think if it actually is real, then Sakurai is going to hold onto info that could confirm it until a dump like the direct.

#TeamSnake

nerdbot

We need to all band together & sleep through this PotD. We need a veteran tonight to end this leak, & I don't think I will be enough.

A 3DS stage that isn't a past stage would disprove it.

Could you imagine if he threw up a screenshot of Warioware or Mushroomy Kingdom or something or another stage that's on the leak but could conceivably still be a lucky guess? UUUugggghhh.

-Horizon-

3. There is a trailer
7. He's actually Kojima.
8. Snake is confirmed.

zaPz5So.gif

Keighley needs to be in the background fighting a giant Pikachu.

K-A-Deman

Been lurking in Smashboards for the day (they're still grieving over Debbie's de-confirmation) and wandered into a page about Smash4 Codecs

*codec*

Snake: This is Snake. I need info on a blue-haired girl and a white haired sorcerer guy...
F!Morgan: Aww, little soldier can't handle himself?
Snake: What?! Is this a child? Who are you?
F!Morgan: *laughs*. I'm Morgan. The white haired guy is Robin, my father. You do anything do him and I'll make sure you regret it!
Snake: Uh-huh. That's cute, coming from a little girl. So what's so special about him that will prevent me from disabling him quickly?
F!Morgan: His magic beats out your puny little weapons, old man. There's nothing you have that he can't outperform with sorcery!
Snake: Totally expected child banter...magic doesn't best modern day weaponry.
F!Morgan: Tough words from a grizzled old man. *laughs*
Snake: *growls* And who's the blue haired girl then? Looks too much like Marth.
F!Morgan: That's Lucina. She's my mother from the future...and she outperforms you in every way!
Snake: ...I think I've heard enough...where's the off button?
F!Morgan: Good luck losing! Oh wait, you don't need it!

*end*

Anyone got a source for some more good ones?

Neoxon

A 3DS stage that isn't a past stage would disprove it.

Could you imagine if he threw up a screenshot of Warioware or Mushroomy Kingdom or something or another stage that's on the leak but could conceivably still be a lucky guess? UUUugggghhh.
A veteran would be the best way to prove or disprove it. There wouldn't be any room for debate, no excuses, no bullshit. A veteran reveal is the only decisive way to end this speculation once & for all.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I'm #TeamFake. The character portraits on the select screen just doesn't have an artistic consistency. Why is Ganondorf facing sideways? Why is Wario angry? Falco looks like he's in his side-special animation, which I can't image they would use as his official render. Meta Knight's portrait looks poorly focused, like they just let PhotoShop auto-poisition it. Shulk looks like a barbie doll. Duck Hunt Dog looks okay, but the duck only being in the bottom/larger portrait is unlike the original portrait designer. Mr. G&W also looks more like how I remember him in Brawl instead of the render at the end of Pac-Man's trailer.

Pikma

Banned
You'll get a post explaining how the Bulborbs in Smash Run work and you'll like it.
Oh no please no more Smash Run
Captain Falcon in shorts?
Only if he can keep those golden nipples of his.
You hear this, Sakurai? Do it for Pikma! Make it a newcomer too! =P
Yeah I'd take that, even though that'd mean one lost bet for me, guess a veteran would suffice :p
Hope you get better soon Pikma!

"We've listened to fan-feedback and brought back Kirby's old Final Smash! Wow! Looks like his Dreamland famous soup could make anyone feel better!"
Get well soon :)

Oh thank you so much guys! you really made me smile! :)

Neoxon

Been lurking in Smashboards for the day (they're still grieving over Debbie's de-confirmation) and wandered into a page about Smash4 Codecs

Anyone got a source for some more good ones?
Do you have any idea how the FE fanbase will react to the confirmation of Robin X Lucina?

Poor Grandpa Chrom.

By the time I got around to this 100 more posts have probably been and gone but here goes anyway.

Why do you guys think it's fake?
This will probably be my last post on this matter for the meantime.
Let it be known that I'm not saying this with utmost confidence or anything, I do see the merits of Real to the point I do expect it as a likely possibility at this point with more recent revelations. While I'd like to say that Sakurai would surely balance the various series stage representation in a way that doesn't come off as kinda awful as the leak shows this could well be the result of two games worth of stages to cover, I guess that's my main griping point when it comes to personal investment aside from my wanted third DK rep but oh well.

Moving onto something about the leaked images themselves, my main thoughts are that simply put the character and stage selection menus look kind of poor, I mean Sakurai games are known for their stellar menu presentation and while the blurry pics do no favours there's just something that looks off about them in parts, granted the screen size of the OG 3DS may be factoring into its more cramped and less flashy look on top of angles off screen shots, still the oddly bland grey/black areas around the bottom of the roster in particular lack that visual touch where there's usually a few background visual effects and what not (look at me stretch!).

As an aside the DLC roster is too perfect in a sense? had the roster from the images alone been all we were getting I think a lot more people would be opposing the leak with the loss of Ice Climbers, Lucas and Wolf for example so the quick fix DLC revelation that also throws in the missing yet expected Chorus Kids could be viewed as something of a quick cover up, or it's just damn good DLC which would be great even if I think most of those characters should've been in the default roster.
Snake himself is an odd one, leaving a big third party rep as a DLC character? it just doesn't seem that logical (but who knows Sakurai logic but Sakurai). So yeah I'm not entirely sold on the DLC lineup more than anything else.

Because I always treat leaks with suspicion until proven otherwise. Since there's no proof that this is undeniably true I'm going with fake.

No matter the result I don't lose. Whereas if I thought it was real and started to believe this is what we're getting and then it turns out it isn't I might end up disappointed.

Basically #TeamFake is the safer option.

Also this to a degree, I'm not wholly thrilled with the leak but it's still actually beyond what I was expecting (Shulk, Chorus Kids and possibly Dark Pit based on Palutena's trailer were the low end expectations I gave myself), so if it is real it's still better than what I was expecting anyway sans having to potentially shell out more money for Lucas and Wolf, oh and those stages, yuck.

Toxi

Banned

3. There is a trailer
7. He's actually Kojima.
8. Snake is confirmed.

9. Snake rips off his face mask to reveal he's actually Raiden.

Since I was posted on #TeamReal, it should be noted that I only believe the third leak, not the first two. I'm more in #TeamLukewarmandApathetic.

Looking for an avatar bet? Why not the Uncle Jesse bet that was initiated a couple dozen pages ago?

Pikma

Banned
I know this is kinda random but I just wanted to thank you guys, SmashGAF is probably the best GAF sub-community I've ever had the honor to be part of. You guys really make my day!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It shows that there isn't one or two people leaking the info, but a whole group.

It's a conspiracy I tell you!

Remember I told you about Group theory in IRC. I still cling on that theory.

I'm a master hacker? Well alright then I'll take it.

I'm glad that you are. Masked Man, EMB and BGBW are in which is cool.

Wait...why am I a master hacker for team real? I'm team neutral writer!

Same here. I'm team neutral as well. -_-

I'm not gonna be up when the pic goes up, so I'm gonna get both of these scenarios out of the way first.

If tonight disproves the leak:

giphy.gif

If tonight proves the leak real:

Po6XwcD.gif

Pretty much here. *Brofist for using JP GIF*

Makai

This will probably be my last post on this matter for the meantime.
Let it be known that I'm not saying this with utmost confidence or anything, I do see the merits of Real to the point I do expect it as a likely possibility at this point with more recent revelations. While I'd like to say that Sakurai would surely balance the various series stage representation in a way that doesn't come off as kinda awful as the leak shows this could well be the result of two games worth of stages to cover, I guess that's my main griping point when it comes to personal investment aside from my wanted third DK rep but oh well.

Moving onto something about the leaked images themselves, my main thoughts are that simply put the character and stage selection menus look kind of poor, I mean Sakurai games are known for their stellar menu presentation and while the blurry pics do no favours there's just something that looks off about them in parts, granted the screen size of the OG 3DS may be factoring into its more cramped and less flashy look on top of angles off screen shots, still the oddly bland grey/black areas around the bottom of the roster in particular lack that visual touch where there's usually a few background visual effects and what not (look at me stretch!).

As an aside the DLC roster is too perfect in a sense? had the roster from the images alone been all we were getting I think a lot more people would be opposing the leak with the loss of Ice Climbers, Lucas and Wolf for example so the quick fix DLC revelation that also throws in the missing yet expected Chorus Kids could be viewed as something of a quick cover up, or it's just damn good DLC which would be great even if I think most of those characters should've been in the default roster.
Snake himself is an odd one, leaving a big third party rep as a DLC character? it just doesn't seem that logical (but who knows Sakurai logic but Sakurai). So yeah I'm not entirely sold on the DLC lineup more than anything else.

Also this to a degree, I'm not wholly thrilled with the leak but it's still actually beyond what I was expecting (Shulk, Chorus Kids and possibly Dark Pit based on Palutena's trailer were the low end expectations I gave myself), so if it is real it's still better than what I was expecting anyway sans having to potentially shell out more money for Lucas and Wolf, oh and those stages, yuck.
Thanks for posting. I think it's real because of the production values. Duck Hunt looks way too good. It's not about liking the roster at all (although I am partial to DHD).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom