• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Game Fest: Kickoff Live on June 10 - 2 pm ET / 11 am PT / 6 pm GMT

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
it is like saying, stop DF analysing games and create their own game. bullshite. Bluepoint is amazing at Remakes so they should stick with it. that's were they flourish.
FROM in other hand have to create level design, enemy/bosses, combat and visual style for the game. ONLY thing Bluepoint does make graphics for other people’s work.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
How about Bluepoint stop being a cover band and come up with something original.
The last time someone asked this of another company who used to be known for something similar(Ready at Dawn), they made The Order:1886, didn't sell well enough, and they were thrown in Sony's dev dungeon of limbo.

I don't want the same to happen to Bluepoint. They seem content with what they do.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Yea,I'm probably being a bit grumpy,lol....if it's open world there is room for some new ideas...all those enemy designs and locations though...feel like I've seen them all before.
No worries, this forum has a habit of bringing out the grumpiness and jadedness in people. There's other communities out there just happy about video games. I try not to forget that feeling.

Mister Wolf

The last time someone asked this of another company who used to be known for something similar(Ready at Dawn), they made The Order:1886, didn't sell well enough, and they were thrown in Sony's dev dungeon of limbo.

I don't want the same to happen to Bluepoint. They seem content with what they do.

And I'm fine with that. Giving them props for tracing over other artist's work only goes so far with me. Especially if people attempt to undermine the original artist whose fucking coming up with everything.

Last edited:

DJ12

meh.

Graphics look dated. Gameplay looks like Sekiro meets dark souls.
Read this and watched the trailer and expected it to be exclusive to one platform, but then saw PS4 | PS5 Xbox One Xbox Series X|S

Cross gen explains it all, not that I thought it look particularly bad, just not amazing.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
And I'm fine with that. Giving them props for tracing over other artist's work only goes so far with me. Especially if people attempt to undermine the original artist whose fucking coming up with everything.
I think it's fair game if they touch anything that's mid-PS3 era and below for remaking purposes 🤷‍♂️

Sygma

Sygma how about you syg ma nuts and taste the glory of the Elden Ring.

EOnJ9W6UEAALe5S.jpg

You can be more original if you put in some effort ;)

Gediminas

Banned
FROM in other hand have to create level design, enemy/bosses, combat and visual style for the game. ONLY thing Bluepoint does make graphics for other people’s work.
and that's ok by both studios. i am not saying game will be bad or anything, but they should invest into aesthetics too because their art direction, creativity is on point for what they are doing no question there and i will be day 1 for sure.

Danjin44

and that's ok by both studios. i am not saying game will be bad or anything, but they should invest into aesthetics too because their art direction, creativity is on point for what they are doing no question there and i will be day 1 for sure.
They already do, it just their graphic engine is just not high tech. But thanks to that they have crazy amount of enemy and boss designs. Compare the enemy/boss variety in Bloodborne to God of War (2018).

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I laughed when I heard they were doing a documentary about Bluepoint's Demon Souls. Gimme a break.
To be fair there's a lot that goes into remaking a beloved title. You see movie companies fuck remakes up all the time but the great remakes end up so good that people tend to forget that they were remakes in the first place.

Mentat02

Banned
To be fair there's a lot that goes into remaking a beloved title. You see movie companies fuck remakes up all the time but the great remakes end up so good that people tend to forget that they were remakes in the first place.
you're saying the Demon's Souls remake is better than the original? Are you serious?

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Did it end? I missed but it feels like it was kinda lame as no interested news there.
Yes, Day of the Devs is going on right now showing off cool new stuff, but this forum doesn't really care about indies like that.

Danjin44

Bluepoint usually uses the game’s original code, I’m not saying creating graphic engine is easy but it’s 1000 times harder to create a game from scratch....I wish people keep that in mind.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Bluepoint usually uses the game’s original code, I’m not saying creating graphic engine is easy but it’s 1000 times harder to create a game from scratch....I wish people keep that in mind.
I'm not discounting that at all. Creating something original will always be harder than remaking. It's almost as difficult to remake a game to fit what people's brains remembered it to be, is all I'm stating.

Danjin44

I'm not discounting that at all. Creating something original will always be harder than remaking. It's almost as difficult to remake a game to fit what people's brains remembered it to be, is all I'm stating.
As far as Demons Souls Remake goes, I personally didn’t like some of enemies and bosses redesigns and FROM is faaaaaar better at that than Bluepoint is and no amount high tech graphic engine changes that.

Entroyp

What wa the name of the Zelda like game with the fox?

edit: Tunic. Demo out soon. Can’t wait to try it.

Last edited:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I think From Software is an amazing studio. But the technical aspects aren't their strongest suit.
There are very few japanese devs that make me think of graphics first. Kojipro is one of them and sometimes Square Enix too. Itagaki used to be one of them and sometimes Capcom can surprise people, but otherwise most of them have a gameplay-first mentality, and I think some of you will end up disappointed when these beloved J-devs aren't tapping into the power of PS5 as much as they could be.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I was looking to see if there is a thread cause that fishing game I think is being shown there
Unfortunately not. By the time I thought of creating a thread for Day of the Devs, the show was half done. So many amazingly artistic and creative games from around the world were just shown though. Really cool stuff that I think any fan of video games should at least check out or give a shot to.

reksveks

Unfortunately not. By the time I thought of creating a thread for Day of the Devs, the show was half done. So many amazingly artistic and creative games from around the world were just shown though. Really cool stuff that I think any fan of video games should at least check out or give a shot to.
Late for me here but I will make sure to run through the video and this twitter thread tomorrow

skit_data

Gotta say... Jurassic World Evolution 2 and Elden Ring... Geoff Keighley actually delivered the goods tonight. I need no more. I’m all satisfied.

Gediminas

Banned
They already do, it just their graphic engine is just not high tech. But thanks to that they have crazy amount of enemy and boss designs. Compare the enemy/boss variety in Bloodborne to God of War (2018).
i am not questioning their expertise in that, i am just saying what i am saying. i hope that it will look at least like Sekiro, but from their trailer, looked like it is a downgrade. but we will see. i hope also, that their Collectors edition will be more creative.

Danjin44

i am not questioning their expertise in that, i am just saying what i am saying. i hope that it will look at least like Sekiro, but from their trailer, looked like it is a downgrade. but we will see. i hope also, that their Collectors edition will be more creative.
I’m not seeing the “downgrade” and Elden Ring’s scale is much bigger than Sekiro and other FROM’s pervious games.

angelic

Banned
Everything was fucking terrible. That COD woman who was "stoked" about everything and "super excited". The whole thing was painful.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Because she stunk, is a token, and it was just bad. To be fair, the whole show was tragic.
No PR lady should offend you that much unless she was your ex. Go cool off and grab a drink or something man lol.

Actually it makes sense why Bamco decided to show Elden Ring trailer on Game Fest rather than Xbox E3. Here it is basically the main highlight of the show while on Xbox there are monsters like Halo, Starfield and Battlefield. Also probably Forza..

Top Bottom