• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Game Fest: Kickoff Live on June 10 - 2 pm ET / 11 am PT / 6 pm GMT

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Actually it makes sense why Bamco decided to show Elden Ring trailer on Game Fest rather than Xbox E3. Here it is basically the main highlight of the show while on Xbox there are monsters like Halo, Starfield and Battlefield. Also probably Forza..
It will be Xbox Duke's 20th anniversary this year. I'm expecting them to win E3, especially with them buying up everyone and everything. If not it will be the biggest fumble in the history of E3.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Let's see what Nintendo has.
Nintendo will do fine. I'm not trying to compare consoles here if that's what you thought I was getting at, so maybe 'win E3' is the wrong way of putting it.

I'm saying if a company has the gall to scoop up tons of developers and publishers, they better not disappoint and they better have something to show. If Microsoft shows up with lint in their pockets then that will be a huge disappointment regardless of who their competition is. That's why it will be the biggest fumble to me if they disappoint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendo will do fine. I'm not trying to compare consoles here if that's what you thought I was getting at, so maybe 'win E3' is the wrong way of putting it.

I'm saying if a company has the gall to scoop up tons of developers and publishers, they better not disappoint and they better have something to show. If Microsoft shows up with lint in their pockets then that will be a huge disappointment regardless of who their competition is. That's why it will be the biggest fumble to me if they disappoint.
One wildcard regarding the expectation is this one - Xbox + Bethesda's roundtable was great because according to the rumours Bethesda basically was overseeing that. Their conferences are usually pretty cool so if Xbox uses Bethesda's input they can have a pretty neat conference.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
One wildcard regarding the expectation is this one - Xbox + Bethesda's roundtable was great because according to the rumours Bethesda basically was overseeing that. Their conferences are usually pretty cool so if Xbox uses Bethesda's input they can have a pretty neat conference.
Bethesda's conferences usually have great pacing(aside from Todd's speeches) and never feel like they're padded out in order to fit a time slot, so that's potentially good news. Also I'm usually forgiving towards their ESO section of the conference because I play the game, it's good to see those devs get love from fans, and it's usually nice and quick anyway.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
But he has charisma. It would be nice to have Phil and Godd on the same stage. Crowd would be happy, but well some other time...
I'll give you that, it just feels like the lies are slowly catching up to his charisma to the point where it will eventually overtake the charisma and people will see him the same way they currently see Molyneux.

I'll give you that, it just feels like the lies are slowly catching up to his charisma to the point where it will eventually overtake the charisma and people will see him the same way they currently see Molyneux.
But unlike Molyneux he speaks sweet little lies :messenger_grinning_sweat: His games at least have the promises kept in one form or another.

With Fallout 76 there were too close to the sun, but I blame Zenimax for that as it felt like they rushed the game to grab that MMO cash. Zenimax had big issues with financing.

Last edited:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
But unlike Molyneux he speaks sweet little lies :messenger_grinning_sweat: His games at least have the promises kept in one form or another.

With Fallout 76 there were too close to the sun, but I blame Zenimax for that as it felt like they rushed the game to grab that MMO cash. Zenimax had big issues with financing.
To me Fallout 76 was a necessary sacrifice to fix their old ass engine as much as possible, because it's clear at this point that it's here to stay for the next generation or two.

Kagey K

Banned
Bethesda's conferences usually have great pacing(aside from Todd's speeches) and never feel like they're padded out in order to fit a time slot, so that's potentially good news. Also I'm usually forgiving towards their ESO section of the conference because I play the game, it's good to see those devs get love from fans, and it's usually nice and quick anyway.
We need the drunk girl hooting and hollering every time they say Elder Scrolls online in order for it to really be a Bethesda E3 conference.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
This show was really bad imo. I'm not a fan of From Software either so Elden Ring, which was pretty much the only big thing, did nothing for me.

Some things were really weird as well. Like how they just showed two random character models from Overwatch 2 and a Nier skin for Fall Guys. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I didn't care for most of them but I got Tales of Arise and Elden Ring, so it wasn't totally waste of time, but for love of god PLEASE stop bringing movie celebrities in gaming shows.....please!

Nico_D

I didn't care for any of those., just guns and swords and different kinds of demons and monsters. Meh.

Planet of Lana seemed the most interesting and original.

Kagey K

Banned
I find it cringy seeing them pretending they give a shit about video games.
He actually tried to tell a story about how he can learn from gaming to make movies, which was a bit interesting.

Seemed he was more into the process then most celebrities are.

(Or he's a really good actor, which he is)

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
He actually tried to tell a story about how he can learn from gaming to make movies, which was a bit interesting.

Seemed he was more into the process then most celebrities are.

(Or he's a really good actor, which he is)
When it comes to gaming I could give less a fuck about celebrities, I care about creators and most all I mostly care about the actual games.

Now I have suffer thought this BS because of stupid face scans in games.

Kagey K

Banned
When it comes to gaming I could give less a fuck about celebrities, I care about creators and most all I mostly care about the actual games.

Now I have suffer thought this BS because of stupid face scans in games.
Sometimes creators and celebrities go hand in hand.

Just ask Kojima

DonJorginho

Banned
anything interesting happen?
Wonderlands (Borderlands spin-off inspired by the Dragonkeep DLC)
Death Stranding Director's Cut for PS5 (plus teases for a potential MGS remake)
New Painkiller in development
Ex Treyarch top dogs have formed a new studio who have formed a partnership with Playstation
Sequel to Salt and Sanctuary
Elden Ring re-reveal/gameplay trailer plus a release date

GreenAlien

Amazon should have secured some better free games for this event.
Battlefield 4 and Batman - The Telltale Series are nice enough, but what is up with that other stuff? 2 unremarkable LGBT games, one mobile game port, 3 shit-tier koop games and a bad Bomberman clone :messenger_neutral:

e&e

Banned
Geoff pulled it off again! Great showing! He’s grown and matured a lot and became such a great asset to this industry!

Kenpachii

Oh shit jeff dropping the real questions, is it pay to win holy shit

dam july 20 its coming out, nice.

Last edited:

NahaNago

Finally finished that summerfest show. I thought it was alright. I'd give it like a B-. They didn't really have any games I was super looking forward to but I found the show entertaining and the quick pace kept my attention. They did have some interesting games but I found the after show with the indie games to be more interesting. Not sure if that was actually part of the show since I simply just watched the Easy Allies summerfest reaction.

Top Bottom