• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2023 |OT| June 29th - July 13th

Fell in love with Yakuza franchise on GamePass, the pickins got slim there and I unsubbed. Probably pick up all of those and some SHMUPS and boomers on the wishlist. Thankfully Gloomwood is not on sale, so I'll be able to wait for it to be completed before jumping in. Dead Space still runs like hot musty shit so I'll be able to hold off on that until it's around $20
I recomend you pick the Yakuza games up on GoG as they are DRM free.

https://www.gog.com/en/game/yakuza_complete_series

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Does anyone know if I pick up darkest dungeon two now that it is slightly on sale, and I own darkest dungeon one, will it give me an even bigger discount? I believe if you own the original it already gives you a small discount, but I wasn’t sure if today’s sale and that stack up.

Jrecard

Callisto at 50% off is really the only big game tempting me right now. So much discourse around the game but I'm still curious to experience it.

Current prices (and state of) jedi survivor and deadspace remake are making it hard to buy over just subbing to ea pro for a month or 2. I'm usually not a sub kind of guy either.

Maybe I'll finally cave and give Kingdom Come Deliverance a buy, but it looks a bit tedious for me.

Returnal is a banger game, I've really enjoyed my time with that one. Still haven't quite cracked the 2nd biome in act 2 yet but I'll get there.

Antwix

When you buy an EA game on Steam, does it now call for the EA App instead of Origin? I'm assuming Origin is now deprecated and not available anymore?
As someone who hasn't launched Origin in like a year and just opened up Origin to check if I owned a specific game, Origin does not work anymore. It'll launch then tell you to download EA App and you literally cannot interact with anything inside of Origin.

Sleepwalker

My wishlist is mostly older games I from the last 2 gens, everything is 75% to 90% off, dear god lol.

Also the valve bundle is nice gonna pick it up

Meifu

Considering picking up the steam deck since ill be doing some traveling soon and i have a massive steam library.

A) Is it unwise to get one now, because rog ally / newer version inbound?

B) Is the anti glare that big a diff? i dont care much about storage bc ill be using this thing to play pretty much excuslivey during travel

Jrecard

Considering picking up the steam deck since ill be doing some traveling soon and i have a massive steam library.

B) Is the anti glare that big a diff? i dont care much about storage bc ill be using this thing to play pretty much excuslivey during travel

I'd go check in here, but I haven't seen somebody truly disappointed with their deck yet as long as expectations are under control: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/steam-deck-ot-nintendo-switch-2.1632714/

The Ally looks great but the deck ecosystem is something else, and the touchpads are a god send for pc centric games that don't have controller inputs in mind. If you're going to use other storefronts and gamepass etc though the Ally is worth a closer look as you'll likely want to be on windows anyway.

Not sure on the anti-glare as I have the 64gb version.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
This sale is ass cheeks. Nothing I want has a meaty discount. Was hoping to grab Returnal for a cool $29 or $39. $47 still kinda high, lol.

Cheapest price official key store: 37.50 euro
Cheapest price key store: 31.30 euro

StueyDuck

Ok puzzle fans, i need a new myst style game...

any sales worth looking at?

to be clear, i've played all myst games, obduction, haven't played Cyans new game because apparently it's like a moving platform game and not a lateral thinking game.

games i considered similar and loved, outerwilds, the witness, house of da vinci games, the room games, 999 and it's sequels, layton games, obra dinn and I think you get the idea...

so yeah any hidden gems i may of missed in this genre please do tell

Wildebeest

to be clear, i've played all myst games, obduction, haven't played Cyans new game because apparently it's like a moving platform game and not a lateral thinking game.

games i considered similar and loved, outerwilds, the witness, house of da vinci games, the room games, 999 and it's sequels, layton games, obra dinn and I think you get the idea...

You have played a lot.

Agent A: A puzzle in disguise. A bit casual but I enjoyed it.
Antichamber is a classic.
Quern is basically a love letter to Myst, but with better designed puzzles, in my opinion.
If you just want a hard as balls cryptic puzzle adventure, then La-Mulana.

StueyDuck

You have played a lot.

Agent A: A puzzle in disguise. A bit casual but I enjoyed it.
Antichamber is a classic.
Quern is basically a love letter to Myst, but with better designed puzzles, in my opinion.
If you just want a hard as balls cryptic puzzle adventure, then La-Mulana.
Agent A sounds interesting I'll give it a look.

I have played the rest as well hahaha.

I do enjoy me some good puzzle games.

Never finished la-mulana though but mostly due to time. But yeah that stuff was proper out of the box thinking.

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
I really only buy visual novels in sales as they're the only things that get big discounts and they generally only do during sales. Maybe the grey market has spoiled me.

Jrecard

Well I decided to just pick up Callisto and only an hour in but I am not regretting it yet. Graphics and production quality A tier so far.

So far I've gotten Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin, Chrono Trigger, The Surge and Deadly tower of Monsters. I've got some spare money left so I'm thinking of adding Red Faction Guerilla: Re-Marstered edition and The Sinking city. Pretty good first sale for me I'd say.
Would this be your first time playing sotfs? If so, enjoy. It is extremely good.

Last edited:

B) Is the anti glare that big a diff? i don't care much about storage bc ill be using this thing to play pretty much excuslivey during travel
A) Nah, deck is way better.

B) Not really, you can also buy an anti glare screen protector for like 10 bucks. If I recall correctly the colors may be slightly better on the anti glare screen, but its one of those "slightly better in a way that you can measure if you are using tools to do so but not in any practical way detectible on a day to day basis" types of scenarios. It was almost pointless to write the whole sentence but I figured I'd rather give you more info than less.

AndrewRyan

This game is on my wishlist but may fit your bill

Continuing to raid my wishlist:

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

ZvAxzeo.jpg

Thats it. I'm done. DONE!

Fuck off Steam, I dont want the Lucasarts adventure remakes.

Or do I..

Fuck off Steam.

Dr.Morris79

Have you ever played the Lucasarts adventures?
DoTT, Grim Fandango are all just beautiful games.
Also Thimbleweed Park is a nice throwback into those early adventures.
Oh yes, I've still got them all on disc in the hoarding cupboard somewhere. I could have sworn i'd already bought them on Steam but I must of miss remembered.

I... think I will grab them for playing on the deck. Thanks for the shouout to Thimbleweed, i'll grab that an all 👀

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How good are the PC-ports of the Tales games? (excluding Symphonia)

screenshot2023-06-30126ffs.png
Ports are all easily the best versions of the games. Be sure to look for the "fix" (community made ultimate patches, basically) that add 60fps and various other graphical fixes and bug fixes to each of the games.

RagnarokIV

So far I got:
Callisto Protocol
Deep Rock Galactic

Can anyone recommend any PlayStation 1 or PS2 esque games? Either in graphical/artstyle or general feel. Particular attention to shorter games!

So far I got:
Callisto Protocol
Deep Rock Galactic

Can anyone recommend any PlayStation 1 or PS2 esque games? Either in graphical/artstyle or general feel. Particular attention to shorter games!
Lunistice and ex zodiac, dread delusion and lunacid for something a bit longer

Ultrakill and dusk are also great shooters, ultrakill being almost devil may cry esque as a fps, and dusk being like quake

Last edited:

ssringo

Not much of a discount but this is a phenomenal game worth every penny. 2d action rpg that reminds me of Ys 3 on the SNES but with much more depth.

Try the demo! I can tell you it gets better the longer you play because of all the stuff you unlock. Almost 16k reviews with overwhelmingly positive status = worth giving it a shot.

Edit: gameplay is tied to framerate. It's not gonna push a modern system but if you play on the Deck and cap your framerate you'll notice the game running sluggishly. Uncap to 60 and it's all good.

Last edited:
All the stuff I picked up. Mostly older things that I've had sitting in my wishlist for a while. Not a great sale imo. But it is what it is, Steam Sales are a pale shadow of what they used to be, but it's still nice to be able to go back and maybe pick up some old things I may play eventually again one day.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I recently played through this in co-op, and can confirm that it's definitely worth your $4

All the stuff I picked up. Mostly older things that I've had sitting in my wishlist for a while. Not a great sale imo. But it is what it is, Steam Sales are a pale shadow of what they used to be, but it's still nice to be able to go back and maybe pick up some old things I may play eventually again one day.

Enjoy the ds3 dlc, it's the best part of the game, and the lore it adds is *chefs kiss*

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Sonic Frontiers is $29.99 after 50% off. Lowest I've seen it.

Dying Light 2 is $29.99 after 50% off. Major update just dropped for it.

Top Bottom