• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhaven coming Fall 2023 | Summer Game Fest 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member

Get a peek at the world of Herarth and combat gameplay in this teaser trailer for the upcoming medieval fantasy brawler game, Warhaven, as revealed during Summer Game Fest 2023. Warhaven heads to Steam Early Access in fall 2023, and a demo will be available as part of Steam Next Fest beginning June 19, 2023.​

FyH_rNSaIAAy9fs

hlm666

The demo for this is now out, still downloading so can't give any impressions yet.

edit: Played it now for an hour. I only got to play on 1 map, i'm not sure if there are more I couldn't find anyway to like pick a map and never got a different one randomly from quick play. Visually it's not bad, what you see in the trailers is what you get. Never had any kind of stutters during play, had some lag though because I was matched into asian servers probably in singapore.

The map in the demo feels too small for the team sizes, it's a constant blender and there's no real strategy going on except trying to nail people in the back who are engaged with someone else until you power up your ult, witch lets you pick between 4 hero things to turn into and are pretty tough. If there are no other game modes except the cap and hold thing in the demo it's not going to have the appeal and longevity of chivalry or mordhau. I think it might actually be better if they went with a smaller player count like maybe 6v6 or something so classes and skill use could be more strategic.

Anyway off to try battlebit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom