• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2023 |OT| June 29th - July 13th

Celcius

°Temp. member
How good are the PC-ports of the Tales games? (excluding Symphonia)

screenshot2023-06-30126ffs.png
Those are all amazing (except I skipped Zestiria and watched the anime instead). You've got lots of good times ahead.

GreatnessRD

I bought that GTA definitive Edition. I'm about to return it because game will launch on my main monitor then automatically go to my secondary, 1080p monitor and won't revert back. Displays are extended and my 1440p monitor is set to main monitor. Rockstar got 24hrs to respond before I get my $30 UNITED MURICA DOLLARS BACK!

Holammer

Looking to pick up a cheap pixel art game or two. Might go for Celeste.
If you need some inspiration, check out the pixel-art thread.

I recommend Crosscode. It plays like a forgotten Sega Saturn action RPG. Great story and characters.

I have 766hours in this game. It's been around since 2011 and it's still supported with updates and there's one being worked on right now. It's a 2D Minecraft with progression structure and bosses.

sedg87

Banned
If you need some inspiration, check out the pixel-art thread.

I recommend Crosscode. It plays like a forgotten Sega Saturn action RPG. Great story and characters.

I have 766hours in this game. It's been around since 2011 and it's still supported with updates and there's one being worked on right now. It's a 2D Minecraft with progression structure and bosses.

Already have Terraria, but don't own Crosscode. Looking at the trailers it seems to be exactly the kinda game that I'm looking for. Definitely gonna grab that one. Thanks!

YCoCg

I bought that GTA definitive Edition. I'm about to return it because game will launch on my main monitor then automatically go to my secondary, 1080p monitor and won't revert back. Displays are extended and my 1440p monitor is set to main monitor. Rockstar got 24hrs to respond before I get my $30 UNITED MURICA DOLLARS BACK!
Those versions are trash and they stopped "fixing" it months ago, just get the refund.

hlm666

some of the things on my followed list that i'm working out what to get. Discounts arn't great so i'm not getting all just gotta work out what to get now, some others might find a gem in the list.

Calverz

All the stuff I picked up. Mostly older things that I've had sitting in my wishlist for a while. Not a great sale imo. But it is what it is, Steam Sales are a pale shadow of what they used to be, but it's still nice to be able to go back and maybe pick up some old things I may play eventually again one day.

I absolutely love shadows of the empire but the pc version aint great iirc. And there is little info, fixes out there.

Which of this indy games is the third person action game?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Picked up Judgement and Lost Judgement. Got through the tutorial and logo screen of the first. Seems like it's gonna be an awesome duo.
I'm currently playing Judgment on the PS5, after playing through Like A Dragon earlier this year. I'm only about 10 hours in, but the game is indeed awesome. I already ordered the second as well.
some of the things on my followed list that i'm working out what to get. Discounts arn't great so i'm not getting all just gotta work out what to get now, some others might find a gem in the list.

This is in a Fanatical 3/$15 bundle at the moment, might be worth checking out there

Could pick two more games and pay almost what the one game costs on Steam. Fallout 4, The Surge 2, and Dishonored 2 are the obvious standouts, but Road 96 and Soundfall are also both awesome indies.

TheAssist

I absolutely love the animated wallpaper they have at the landing page for this sale.

Is there a way to get a high quality version of this video so I can use it as a Wallpaper on my desktop?

1688061369_social_media_share.jpg

simpatico

header.jpg

Couple hours in now. It’s clear this is going to end up top 5 for my year. I can’t believe I waited til last year to try the Yakuza series. It’s really in my S Tier of gaming franchise. So much goodness.

The biggest problem with this game is it has a Virtua Fighter 5 arcade machine in it. The government doesn’t want you to know this, but Virtua Fighter is the best 3D fighting franchise. How am I suppose to get anything done when I can wreck people with Akira all day?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'll ask again, is Gotham Knights worth playing at $18? MNy understanding is that the game now runs reasonable well. My 7800X3D and 4090 should be able to work wonders. I loved the Arkham games

Go for it? Pass?

Denton

I'll ask again, is Gotham Knights worth playing at $18? MNy understanding is that the game now runs reasonable well. My 7800X3D and 4090 should be able to work wonders. I loved the Arkham games

Go for it? Pass?
It is not quite as good as Arkham Trilogy, but I enjoyed it well enough, playing exclusively as Batgirl. If you just want a new story in DC universe with Arkham-esque gameplay and nice graphics, Gotham Knights are fine. And yeah it is completely fixed, I played with all maxed incl. RT and it never dropped below 60.

Buggy Loop

Go for it? Pass?

It’s really good now and held up graphically like almost no others for the year it released

Edit- thought it was Arkham Knights..

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned

Go for it? Pass?
I played it recently and enjoyed it. It can get a bit grindy though and at a certain point I just put on a podcast as the city itself is kind of dead but I do think it's better than what its reputation indicates.

VN1X

Banned
My final haul:

Saving the rest of my Steam credit for when Remnant 2 hits later this month (unless it's significantly cheaper over at gg.deals hehe).

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
--A brutal retro-shooter style medieval action game
--Diablo meets Vampire Survivors(you can toggle auto-aim, auto-fire etc)
--Second best game of the "Return Of The Obra Dinn genre" has a dlc and I bought it.

EDMIX

Already getting Dredge
Same. I heard a lot of great things.

Personally hoping for the FF games and Octopath Traveller 2 to be on sale
This.

Steam sales is always the best time to get Square's titles as they are stingy with those prices lol

I already have most of the games they put out on PC, but I never got FFXIII on PC and might actually give it a go. I haven't played FFXIII literally since its launch on PS3.

oh yea, forgot about Bravely Default II lol

My purchases this sale:

Title​
Price
Inside€1.79
Firewatch€4.87
What Remains of Edith Finch€4.74
Little Nightmares - Secrets of The Maw Expansion Pass€2.99
The Evil Within 2€5.99
Disco Elysium - The Final Cut€9.99
RESIDENT EVIL 2 / BIOHAZARD RE:2 Deluxe Edition€12.49
RESIDENT EVIL 3€9.99
RESIDENT EVIL 3 - Classic Costume Pack€2.24
The Yakuza Collection€35
Metro Exodus - Gold Edition€7.99
TOTAL€98.08

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Bought Triangle Strategy for the Deck and Gotham Knights for the computer, so far both are great.

Gotham Knights is ridiculously power hungry and unoptimized but it looks great as long as you have a decent PC.

Wildebeest

This was a good call. I did smash it in one sitting though it is a bit casual, but it's exactly the type of puzzle/lateral thinking games I love
Nice. My puzzle game pickups this sale are Linelight and Nauticrawl. Linelight is well-designed, and I'll see how Nauticrawl goes. I have a soft spot for underwater games.

GymWolf

Go for it? Pass?
For 18 euros, go for it, just know that the game gets better the more stuff you unlock.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My pickups so far
My dude, you have like 1,000 hours of gameplay among these.

Any other recs?
If you like long expansive JRPGs (seems like you do!) check out the Legend of Heroes series. Start here:

Also, a very non-traditional JRPG but thought I'd mention it since you had Sleeping Dogs on your list as well:

T-Cake

Like a Dragon is similar to Sleeping Dogs? I might have to check it out if that's the case. Sleeping Dogs being better than GTA in my book.

Last edited:

legacy24

Like a Dragon is similar to Sleeping Dogs? I might have to check it out if that's the case. Sleeping Dogs being better than GTA in my book.
not really, like a dragon is turn based combat I think you may enjoy the brawler Yakuza games more

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

My dude, you have like 1,000 hours of gameplay among these.

If you like long expansive JRPGs (seems like you do!) check out the Legend of Heroes series. Start here:

Also, a very non-traditional JRPG but thought I'd mention it since you had Sleeping Dogs on your list as well:

I just got into final fantasy because of XVI so I want to explore the series more. The tales games were a bit cheap and I liked Symphonia and Berseria so I said fk it haha.

Yakuza LAD is a great shoutout, been meaning to try that. Gonna check out legend of heroes altho I think I got a lot of JRPG on my hands now lol

jshackles

Sorry, just meant that seeing both Final Fantasy and Sleeping Dogs on his list made me immediately think he'd enjoy Like a Dragon, since it's a turn based JRPG with a similar setting / similar characters.

jshackles

I bought guardins of the galaxy and wow, why wasn't there more praise for this game? It's the best mordern marvel game released to date. I recommend if you have 3 days to set aside to play this it's worth it.
Agreed - the game is pretty fantastic as long as you can get over the "not quite MCU" version of the characters. Great soundtrack, fun gameplay - just a really great game that was dragged through the mud because everyone thought it was a followup to that terribad Avengers game.

Current Haul:

Tale of Vesperia is cheaper on GMG (-83%) and the Oddworld Oddbox is super cheap on Fanatical (-88%).
Might grab a few more and The Outer World on Humble before the end.

Excited to finally play Stray!
Nice! I got the oddbox but strangers wrath isn't working for me in the deck, sadly. Not accepting any of my input. I'm going to try it on pc sometime soon

Tempted to get GTAV. It controls so badly on console for me personally so would like to check it out on PC. Could do without spending the money though to be fair!

Top Bottom