• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Director Explains Advantage of Not Developing for PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
InBeforeTheLock.gif

Interfectum

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/starfield-game-xbox-exclusive-advantage-ps5-lex-fridman/

Love to hear it. This is why I'm a fan of platform exclusivity - more focus on limited platforms brings the most out of the hardware. I think this all but guarantees Series specific HW features such as SFS will be in play.
It's coming out for PC and cloud. Two platforms that have no idea what screen, internet conditions or controller you are using. A PS5 port would literally do nothing to upset this process.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Man stop talking and finish the game. You talk like your game is 10 out of 10 and the hype through the roof. What we saw so far probably 6.5 out of 10

I fear just like his other projects, over ambitious, not properly optimized with bad animation and frames .

Punished Miku

Gold Member
It's coming out for PC and cloud. Two platforms that have no idea what screen, internet conditions or controller you are using. A PS5 port would literally do nothing to upset this process.
Yeah, it just sounds like he's being nice to his bosses. I don't think it really effects anything major at all.

Romulus

Eliminating a console from the workload is not a bad thing from a development standpoint at all, it allows more of that time to be placed on one console versus 2 or 4

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Man stop talking and finish the game. You talk like your game is 10 out of 10 and the hype through the roof. What we saw so far probably 6.5 out of 10

I fear just like his other projects, over ambitious, not properly optimized with bad animation and frames .

Lol, well damn...

What a bunch of non sense, that serves only as fuel for flame wars between fanboys.

How so? No different than PS studios developing only for PS5.

"specific hardware" -> Develops for PC.

It's always hilarious to read this kind of console warrior nonsense. 😂

Ah yes, Todd Howard is a console warrior....

Relax... PC version will simply deal with overhead. We've already seen this with Spiderman Ports. It will be the same here.

Warablo

Bethesda games have always performed worse on Sony systems. Always focused more on Xbox on the console side of things.

Think Todd said he enjoys playing on console at home because he sits in front of a computer all day at work.

Last edited:
If you listen to the full podcast he mentions that Xbox has always been their lead development platform. In practice this doesn’t change much, what makes a difference is the direct support they have from the Xbox hardware team as they are now first party.

He also compliments the PlayStation 5 hardware, says it’s a real impressive piece of tech. Y’all making much ado about nothing here

Kikorin

This is going to be an awesome game, but a technical mess, considering is Bethesda what we are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom