• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Petition to make Starfield a PS5 exclusive started by desperate gamers, fails spectacularly

Status
Not open for further replies.

fermcr

"There are few things more disappointing than finding out that a game you really want to play isn’t going to be releasing on any platforms you own. Worse still is when the game in question is an exclusive which has literally no chance of ever making its way to any different consoles, and you simply have to watch all the incredible trailers get revealed knowing that you won’t be able to join in on the fun.

There’s no doubt that plenty of people are feeling this right now with Starfield. Bethesda’s massive space-exploration RPG is releasing exclusively on Xbox Series X/S and PC in September, meaning that those on other consoles will have to miss out. Obviously, this is no different to the likes of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and God of War Ragnarök releasing solely on Switch and PS4/PS5, respectively, but that’s not stopped some gamers from launching a last-minute petition in an attempt to get Starfield on Sony’s console... exclusively..."

https://www.gamingbible.com/news/pe...exclusive-fails-spectacularly-423986-20230619

resize

GenericUser

Just buy an Xbox. What's the problem if you want to play it THAT badly that you start a petition 🤣
This seems to be an absolutely foreign concept to most fanboys. I mean, if you are tight on cash, this is perfectly reasonable, but if you are a grown adult with a decent amount of disposable income, just buy the toy you want. Neither sony nor microsoft are your friends.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This is straight up retarded and that’s “nicest” way I can put it. They are not even fucking asking to port it to PS5, no they instead want game thats currently part of Xbox’s first party to be exclusive to PS5.

Is their fanboysim give them some kind of brain damage or something?

Last edited:

killatopak

This is just sad. Just buy their console, a series S even if your really want to play it. If you have the means, a PC. Just like Playstation exclusives can’t be given to Xbox, the other way around is the same as well.

edit: on second thought, based on what’ve I’ve seen above, this is a troll.

Last edited:

HL3.exe

Absolute cringe, and probably fake.

But I hate exclusivity in general too. This platform simping is rotting the brain. I'm always for platform agnosticism (which is slowly becoming a thing with even Sony's output coming to PC, which 10 year's ago everyone would laugh at this ever happening)

Last edited:

StueyDuck

this seems like an undercover console warrior thread...

I mean does anyone ever take any petition seriously firstly, and no one with a brain thought that would ever work.

This seems like something we all could very much ignore the same way we ignore twitter warriors. So making an entire thread about it definitely makes me wonder the true intention here.

Last edited:

Loxus

If that’s the case then that’s equally retarded, what WTF wrong with these people? Can’t they be excited for a game like normal person?
If this was done by a PS fan, they would of said, "make Starfield available for PS5" or something along that line. Not make Starfield PS5 exclusive.

It's well known Microsoft acquired Bethesda.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Console fanboys in a nutshell. Doesn't matter which side. Some try to claim that the other side is worse, but it's all the same nonsense.
I have zero understanding how can someone worship companies and CEOs. I personally admire actual creators like Yoko Taro, Takumi and Kamitani, I don’t give rat ass about Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft themselves.

Last edited:

Danjin44

If this was done by a PS fan, they would of said, "make Starfield available for PS5" or something along that line. Not make Starfield PS5 exclusive.

It's well known Microsoft acquired Bethesda.
It doesn’t even matter which fanboy did this, all of them acting like a fucking morons. It’s okay to be excited for games, why they act like 10 year old?

Boss Mog

I'm guessing that petition was setup as a joke. Anyway PS owners have FFXVI and Spider-man 2, both of which look better than Starfield to me. There's a lot of really cool elements in Starfield but the actual combat gameplay looks really awful as do the explosion effects and such and the framerate doesn't appear to be a stable 30fps in the footage shown, plenty of stuttering.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
Sincerely have my doubts about why the petition was created.
It's just to bait dumb people.
We still have this take in 2023.

The grown ups on twitter between the two platforms fanbase have been kind of shit. Reading some of their posts might make you lose brain cells.

acm2000

anyone with a mobile phone, android tv box, web browser etc can play starfield if they want, you dont need to buy an xbox.

Klayzer

I have zero understanding how can someone worship companies and CEOs. I personally admire actual creators like Yoko Taro, Takumi and Kamitani, I don’t give rat ass about Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft themselves.
Likewise. Care about directors and development team, the big three as companies, not so much.

Danjin44

They're trolls trying to cause excitement and FOMO for others.
It like a 10 year old trying show off his new toy to make other kids jealous.

In this case they are grown ass man……but that’s internet for you.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
if this was an xbox fan making this...those low level green sewer rats have hit a new low.

If it's satire, its pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom