• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Petition to make Starfield a PS5 exclusive started by desperate gamers, fails spectacularly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riky

$MSFT
Being honest, after 18months-2years MS would be foolish not to port it unless streaming becomes way more popular in the intervening time.

Starfield in many ways isn't a great fit for GamePass. Yes, its a huge title that should by all rights drive business at launch, but, by the same token its not like the subscription revenue it generates can solely go back to Bethesda. MS still needs to pay for every other title also available on the service.

Its an interesting case to think about because I believe its the first time a title of this magnitude has been launched this way. Bear in mind that this is a project that's been in development for a long, long time and is being pitched as a true epic with enough content to last players for years.

That doesn't strike me as a great fit for the "Netflix of Gaming". The premise of which is a steady stream of variety content...

Millions of Gamepass owners will get the premium pack to play early, plus millions on Steam as well as Xbox players who don't have Gamepass.
Add that to the uptick in Gamepass subs and MS are winning every way.

Three

Never miss a chance to blame me for your problems.
What problems? You're the one who just associated yourself with the loons who created the petition by referring to them as "us". Meaning you and the xbox fanboys who created this.

Doesn't explain the petition at all. Why will they want the games to not be released on their console?

Because they know it's MS and the likelyhood of this petition actually succeeding and it not going to the console is zero, it's just a dumb troll one they've created.
Look at the twitter account of the guy who took the screenshot with 1 signature and tell me he's not some xbox loon. Follows, retweets and chats with the likes of Astal and timdog too.

Frexerik88

Neo Member
Starfield will obviously eventually get released on ps5. Just be patient. Even sony is releasing all their games on PC. Xbox would be crazy to not get a piece of that PS5 money for one of the most anticipated games of this console generation.

L*][*N*K

Banned
Starfield will obviously eventually get released on ps5. Just be patient. Even sony is releasing all their games on PC. Xbox would be crazy to not get a piece of that PS5 money for one of the most anticipated games of this console generation.
If Microsoft releases that game on PS5 they will lose every shroud of trust their fanboys have in them, I personally couldn't care less I am a huge Nintendo fan but I would love to see Zelda on PlayStation if that means more success for the game, but there are some fanboys who will take a Starfield PS5 port as a "Fuck You".

Mr Moose

PlayStation is winning everything, yet the Sony fanboys are not satisfied, it's like other companies are not even allowed to make games, its a fucking cult I swear.
You should probably read the thread first. This wasn't a PS fan.
It's also not PS fans signing it (well, probably some in there...), it's idiots who don't know how petitions work.
Screenshot20230619at.png

feynoob

Banned
The last line says " If youre a true gamer you will support this and sign. "
Read this.
Even better go online and report every video you see praising Starfield until we make it exclusive for us and ONLY us. Youtubers like MrMattyplaysbadgames, ReviewFatUSA, LemonJuice, Kavernacle, and TheYoungTurds need to all be canceled IMMEDIATELY

Frexerik88

Neo Member
If Microsoft releases that game on PS5 they will lose every shroud of trust their fanboys have in them, I personally couldn't care less I am a huge Nintendo fan but I would love to see Zelda on PlayStation if that means more success for the game, but there are some fanboys who will take a Starfield PS5 port as a "Fuck You".
Was it a fuck you to all Playstation owners when it was announced God of war and ratchet and clank where coming to PC?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Millions of Gamepass owners will get the premium pack to play early, plus millions on Steam as well as Xbox players who don't have Gamepass.
Add that to the uptick in Gamepass subs and MS are winning every way.

Yeah, but my point is how much of the benefit is coming from having the game, offering the game as an exclusive, and offering the game day#1 on Gamepass?

Those are 3 independent qualifiers in an economic sense, which is an important distinction insofar as a release of this profile doesn't happen every year.
I'm not a fan of Bethesda's stuff myself, but I can appreciate the significance.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
What problems? You're the one who just associated yourself with the loons who created the petition by referring to them as "us". Meaning you and the xbox fanboys who created this.

Because they know it's MS and the likelyhood of this petition actually succeeding and it not going to the console is zero, it's just a dumb troll one they've created.
Look at the twitter account of the guy who took the screenshot with 1 signature and tell me he's not some xbox loon. Follows, retweets and chats with the likes of Astal and timdog too.
I am not sure. I don't even know who is Astal or timdog. I am not some console fanboy dwelling on twitter for drama

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Was it a fuck you to all Playstation owners when it was announced God of war and ratchet and clank where coming to PC?

There's at least a few notorious (now banned) members, who waged a crusade against any Sony content coming to PC, they might say so, yeah.

feynoob

Banned
Yeah, but my point is how much of the benefit is coming from having the game, offering the game as an exclusive, and offering the game day#1 on Gamepass?

Those are 3 independent qualifiers in an economic sense, which is an important distinction insofar as a release of this profile doesn't happen every year.
I'm not a fan of Bethesda's stuff myself, but I can appreciate the significance.
Same as FF16 on PS5 only.

These games are there to sell the console.

Liamario

Banned
I thought the console wars ended when PlayStation and Xbox started patting each other on the back on social media. /s
It's not going multiplatform, despite all the false platitudes from Phil Spencer about having 'more ways to play'.
Sony and Microsoft aren't your friends and stop reading what they're saying and instead try and read between the lines.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Xbots can laugh all they want now but Goodbye Volcano High will save the PS5. I wanna see their sniveling little faces when that wins goty.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Same as FF16 on PS5 only.

These games are there to sell the console.

Slightly different scenario because with FF16 there are 2 beneficiaries; Sony and SE, two businesses each with their own incentives and ambitions.

FF16 releasing on Xbox would improve SE's bottom-line and the enhance the overall value and reach for the FF franchise. It would be beneficial for them, even if Sony isn't really involved. And after a certain amount of elapsed time its questionable whether Sony would feel justified in paying SE not to release elsewhere.

Contrast this with FF7r on the other hand, where Sony have a clear incentive to lock-down exclusivity for an extended time because they also have a deal in place for subsequent entries. Losing exclusivity on the first game would dilute the impact and value of having the second and third instalments locked down to their system.

My point is based as I said on Starfield being a rare "cannot miss" type of opportunity. Its got a huge built-in audience, tons of advance hype, and is simply not the scale of product that comes around very often even in a AAA landscape with 4-6 year dev cycles.

They would be foolish not to attempt to maximize the benefit from it, and I was questioning what would make the most sense financially in the long-term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom