• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek: Picard | Teaser Trailer (NYCC 2022)

Locutus

I guarantee this will be shit. Unfortunately my curiosity will get the best of me and I'll watch it anyway, only to keep yelling at the screen out of frustration. I did it with Picard S1 and 2, and of course with Discovery. New Trek is just awful. Strange New Worlds started out okay but even with that I'm starting to get annoyed.

I remember disliking Voyager all those years back. Now I yearn for Trek like that.

Please kill me.
Same, I’ll hate watch this shit just like I did the first two season. I know I’m part of the problem, but I can’t help myself.

ManaByte

FojTteUakAEO68P.jpg

ManaByte

So the Wrath of Khan homage is:

Jack Crusher is the son of Picard and Crusher. So it’s like David Marcus/Kirk.

Last edited:
Season 7 had a lot of trash in it... the one where Data became like some weird Incan Space God, or the one where Dr Crusher was banging a ghost that came out of a space candle or some bullshit... weird season that. The lows were worse than season 1, but it also had some really great episodes and an excellent finale that NuTrek has gone to every effort to sully with its bullshit.

I guess I can't refute whoever-the-hell Ed Speeler's whoever-the-hell character making sense at the moment since I'm not obsessed with digging up spoilers and impressions from whoever-the-fucks on Twitter but I reserve the right to do so if it sucks like the rest of Picard has.

The TNG finale is just beautiful.
S7 ain’t so bad but you can tell they had run out of steam.

S3 is the golden age imo. So many bangers.

ManaByte

You created a new ship to be the main setting, which is the USS Titan, but the Enterprise F also shows up. So, why the Titan and not do the season on the Enterprise-F?

It seemed a little obvious for one to just be hopping right back onto an Enterprise. And I liked the ownership of a former Riker command. It felt really interesting that Riker would kind of use his sway to get on board. But you know, keep watching.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Time to start debating our reactions... can we just post open spoilers at this point?

I never see the purpose of having to spoiler everything once an episode has aired. If you're still behind by an episode, why would you ever start reading the discussion thread? I see no reason to protect against stupid behavior.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
RLM... No weird angry thumbnail... Since y'all trust them so much... You can see what they say. I haven't watched yet.

Oberstein

RLM... No weird angry thumbnail... Since y'all trust them so much... You can see what they say. I haven't watched yet.

Same for him:

It's quite surprising, actually. The first episode has indeed qualities, but I still found it rather flat. OK, it respects the characters a bit better, we finally got rid of most of the uninteresting actors from the previous seasons, but overall it's a very slow start with heavy and not subtle fan-service.

We could, for example, have skipped all the scenes with Laris with Picard on Earth. The most interesting part of this episode is the dinner with Captain Shaw.
But apparently, it takes off after that because The Critical Drinker and Dave Cullen liked it. I'm waiting to see how it turns out.

JayK47

I've been enjoying season 1 so far. I plan to watch all the way through. I may pick up blu-ray set if that is available. Picard is the best captain.

FunkMiller

It's always better when these two get their hopes up even a little because it's funnier when they eventually come crashing down, I trust Alex Kurtzman, his incompetence never disappoints

This season opener was way more solid that any of the other Kurtzman shows… but you might well end up being right. I can’t see him resisting the urge to stick is untalented finger in the pie again.

clem84

Gold Member
I thought S1 was enjoyable, but probably because I was so happy these characters back after so long. I guess my fandom somewhat clouded my judgment. S2 was a little better, so I also liked it.

1st episode of S3 is solid. Based on what we know already, I have a feeling Se will be significantly better.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
This season opener was way more solid that any of the other Kurtzman shows… but you might well end up being right. I can’t see him resisting the urge to stick is untalented finger in the pie again.

I think Matalas has near complete control over the narrative as show runner... Kurtzman is merely the money guy for this season.

FunkMiller

I think Matalas has near complete control over the narrative as show runner... Kurtzman is merely the money guy for this season.

Let’s hope so. Matalas actually appears to be a fan of the show, as opposed to a bunch of idiots who seem to have never watched an episode of TNG.

Top Bottom