• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek: Picard | Teaser Trailer (NYCC 2022)

Kilau

I’m with Mike.

Cant Take It Anymore Red Letter Media GIF by Leroy Patterson

Locutus

I hate that the assholes who run this show have driven the Trek legacy so deep into the ground that we are all dreading Picard’s return. I can’t stop myself from watching it, but I’m confident I will hate it.

Hopefully Rafi is limited to a brief cameo. Maybe she gets drunk and high at Chateau Picard and falls into a grape crushing machine. God, she sucks.

lifa-cobex

I don't know any of these people.
It just made me feel sad.

I Know GIF

Good to see they brought on Zorg though

Fucking Worf is a pacifist.
Fuuuuuccck offffff

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member

Tams

I didn't particularly dislike the first series and enjoyed it well enough. Nothing special though.

I gave up on the second one at some point where they had the Borg Queen held hostage. It wasn't that I hated it, but I just sort of got fed up with it.

A lot seems to have happened since, so I might try giving this a shot... but I'm not sure I care enough to bother catching up.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Everyone always says this and calls anyone here who likes anything a shill. It’s seriously making this place unreadable now.
You can't deny that the concept of objective film/TV critique takes a big hit when it is now being peddled to us by YouTube types that have no editorial oversight or alliegance to a newspaper detached from the source of the media being reviewed. They have little to no disclosures of where they get their money or what gifts they accept.

ManaByte

Gold Member
You can't deny that the concept of objective film/TV critique takes a big hit when it is now being peddled to us by YouTube types that have no editorial oversight or alliegance to a newspaper detached from the source of the media being reviewed. They have little to no disclosures of where they get their money or what gifts they accept.
You’re accusing the biggest NuTrek hater on the entire internet who was sued by CBS over a fan film he directed of being a paid CBS shill.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
But did you enjoy the first 2 seasons?

I know this isn't aimed at me but there were more lows than highs for both seasons... But there WERE some highs!

I'm a Trek fan... So I was obligated to watch to see it through... I wanted to know how both seasons ended. Plus, I felt at home seeing my Trek people up there on screen.

jason10mm

Gold Member
You’re accusing the biggest NuTrek hater on the entire internet who was sued by CBS over a fan film he directed of being a paid CBS shill.

62KMyGB.jpg

So dies his reach and influence make it more or less important for CBS to drive up a money truck to try to salvage this show?

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Like what?

From what I can remember... Season 1 when Riker came and saved Picard from the Zhat Vash/Tal Shiar, the mystery of who the androids were (Rios' recollection) being revealed, the final moments of Data's consciousness...

Season 2, every moment with Q and Guinan, any time the Romulan boy was fighting (even as a hologram), the observer reveal, the last 20 mins of the season finale...

For ME those were highs.

ManaByte

Gold Member
So dies his reach and influence make it more or less important for CBS to drive up a money truck to try to salvage this show?
CBS has nothing to do with it. They don’t like him. They sued him over the Axanar fan film and he’s spent the last half decade shitting on every Star Trek show they’ve made. That’s why he can’t say that he’s officially seen the season. Someone involved with the show (not hard to figure out who) showed it to him under the table.

ManaByte

Gold Member
So one of Manas "outrage" "grifter" YouTubers actually likes it so therefore it must be good? Nah. Not buying it.
He’s not really an outrage YouTuber. He did do a YT channel kind of like Campea, but he hasn’t touched it in over a year. He directed that geek version of Swingers in the late 90s called Free Enterprise and he did most of the DVD/Blu-Ray special features for Paramount‘s Star Trek releases.

Before DISCO was made he was directing the Axanar fan film and Paramount sued him and others to stop it (because the plot was too similar to DISCO S1 with the Klingon war). He’s probably one of the biggest OG Trekkies and he HATES NuTrek. So someone involved with S3 of Picard (again not hard to figure out who) showed him the season without CBS knowing.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
He’s not really an outrage YouTuber. He did do a YT channel kind of like Campea, but he hasn’t touched it in over a year. He directed that geek version of Swingers in the late 90s called Free Enterprise and he did most of the DVD/Blu-Ray special features for Paramount‘s Star Trek releases.

Before DISCO was made he was directing the Axanar fan film and Paramount sued him and others to stop it (because the plot was too similar to DISCO S1 with the Klingon war). He’s probably one of the biggest OG Trekkies and he HATES NuTrek. So someone involved with S3 of Picard (again not hard to figure out who) showed him the season without CBS knowing.

He also did the BTS extras for Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers

dr_octagon

Banned
Riker will scream 'Lore' like Kirk. Moriaty is actually Janeway. The Enterpirse F(-uck the fanbase).

Make it Sew: A spin off show about the making of uniforms with exciting adventures with a new tailor each season.

Riker will scream 'Lore' like Kirk. Moriaty is actually Janeway. The Enterpirse F(-uck the fanbase).

Make it Sew: A spin off show about the making of uniforms with exciting adventures with a new tailor each season.
For the spin off they bring in Garak. And ruin the character.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Never saw TNG and never heard of Lore I see.
I've seen a decent amount of TNG, but yeah haven't heard of Lore.

It might be more interesting to me if S1 ans S2 of Picard didnt already have evil Brett Spinner. Now it feels worn out.

Top Bottom