• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Verse |OT| Every Spider-Man Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is Morlun like Thanos-tier or what? I just read on wiki that he tanked a vibranium-tipped (I don't know why this matters, but whatevs) nuclear missile, and tore adamantium with his bare hands. That puts him at least on a level with Sentry/Blue Marvel. I really don't see how there's ever any point to having Spidey go hand to hand with this guy.

Slayven

So is Morlun like Thanos-tier or what? I just read on wiki that he tanked a vibranium-tipped (I don't know why this matters, but whatevs) nuclear missile, and tore adamantium with his bare hands. That puts him at least on a level with Sentry/Blue Marvel. I really don't see how there's ever any point to having Spidey go hand to hand with this guy.

He is not going to piss off one Spiderman, he going to piss off them all. Honestly I feel bad for what is about to happen to him and his people.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

He's certainly stronger then Spider-Man but is miles below someone like Thanos.

Drayco21

Spidey claims that punches from Morlun are the hardest he's ever been hit in his entire career, and he's got an impressive feat list. Officially, Marvel has him at lifting 20 tons, but those stats are never really adhered to. Morlun is as strong as he needs to be, and appears to actually get stronger when dealing with Spider Totems and consuming them like he is now- so he's not quite Thanos tier.

The last time Pete and Morlun fought, he beat Peter to a bloody pulp and gouged out one of his eyes. There's no way they'll just do a hand-to-hand fight.

The Other was one of the first modern Marvel comics I read and seeing that full page illustration of Peter's bloody and bruised face was shocking. I'm really surprised it took this long to get a big arc with Morlun again.

Blader

The last time Pete and Morlun fought, he beat Peter to a bloody pulp and gouged out one of his eyes. There's no way they'll just do a hand-to-hand fight.

The Other was one of the first modern Marvel comics I read and seeing that full page illustration of Peter's bloody and bruised face was shocking. I'm really surprised it took this long to get a big arc with Morlun again.

I'm more surprised they're doing anything with Morlun again at all, the spider-totem/Other arcs were extremely unpopular.

I didn't care that much about the stories themselves, but the action was excellently drawn and mapped out. The first beatdown between Spidey and Morlun is one of my favorite Spider-Man fights ever.

I don't like the look of this at all.

Man, why do I still like this character so much when I can't really get into anything he's been in these days.

I wish the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon hadn't ended so soon. :(

Still gotta buy the Blu-ray set. I'm getting the urge to watch it now.

Thanks so much for that wonderful first post setting everything straight. When I get busy I tend to fall behind a bit. I think I'm caught up with Edge but I'm a couple issues behind 2099.

Time to catch up!

The only proper way to end this is to use Toei Spider-Man as the deus ex machina and have him summon Leopordon on Morlun & gang.

I really hope Toei/Japan/Sentai Spider-Man gets to show up.

Toei_Spider-Man_costume.jpg

Is Ultimate Peter Parker appearing? Not the cartoon one, but the original Ultimate Spider-man? He was my favorite, back before I stopped reading comics due to Ultimatum. I know he died, but will he be in this?

Drayco21

Is Ultimate Peter Parker appearing? Not the cartoon one, but the original Ultimate Spider-man? He was my favorite, back before I stopped reading comics due to Ultimatum. I know he died, but will he be in this?

Maybe.

He may or may not be alive as of Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man. We'll know for sure next issue.

Loxley

I've been wanting to get back into Spider-Man for years now. John Romita Jr.'s run in the early 2000's on Amazing is what got me reading comics to begin with. Seems like now's a good time to jump back in, great OP :) Very informative.

jimbor

Banned
I'm more surprised they're doing anything with Morlun again at all, the spider-totem/Other arcs were extremely unpopular.

I didn't care that much about the stories themselves, but the action was excellently drawn and mapped out. The first beatdown between Spidey and Morlun is one of my favorite Spider-Man fights ever.
They were unpopular? I'm catching up on spiderman and loved those arcs. Brand new day is pretty shitty so far, does it get good at any point?

Drayco21

OMG, can we please have Spiderman from The Electric Company?!
He could get killed by Bonk and Conk!

You can- he's confirmed for showing up at some point!

They were unpopular? I'm catching up on spiderman and loved those arcs. Brand new day is pretty shitty so far, does it get good at any point?

Brand New Day was okay, but after it is The Gauntlet and Grim Hunt, which are some of my personal favorite Spider-Man stories of all time, especially of the modern era. Big Time, after all that, is pretty solid throughout too- it has two major story arcs, Spider-Island, which was just plain fun, and Ends of the Earth, which was great.

Mistel

Banned
Shame The Steel Spider will not get any love.
Did he ever appear again after getting his arm torn off by Eddie Brock and arrested?
Brand new day was pretty dull but after it is new ways to die, big time, and spider island which are much more interesting and enjoyable story arcs.

Sadist

Spider-Gwen gets her own series? Awesome. I loved the Edge of Spider-verse story and wanted more, so that's a good thing.

And wait, Jonathan Hickman is writing Secret Wars 2015? I want this.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Oooh looks sweet can't wait to read it but I will have to wait as I am currently reading Superior Spider-Man run, the UK counterpart is a little behind.

jimbor

Banned
You can- he's confirmed for showing up at some point!

Brand New Day was okay, but after it is The Gauntlet and Grim Hunt, which are some of my personal favorite Spider-Man stories of all time, especially of the modern era. Big Time, after all that, is pretty solid throughout too- it has two major story arcs, Spider-Island, which was just plain fun, and Ends of the Earth, which was great.

Did he ever appear again after getting his arm torn off by Eddie Brock and arrested?

Brand new day was pretty dull but after it is new ways to die, big time, and spider island which are much more interesting and enjoyable story arcs.

Thanks, I'll persevere.

Ophelion

Now all we need is an Emma Stone Spider-Gwen movie...to let me know for sure I've slipped through into some bizarre alternate reality where projects are green lighted for being awesome rather than for guaranteed profit.

Whelp. Guess it's time to start collecting these.

I haven't collected hard copies of comics in years (probably since early Ultimate spider-man), but I may start again for these. Seems pretty manageable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom