• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2 - The SPOILER Thread

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Yeah Carnage seems too yuge to be relegated to DLC

Maybe theyll do something involving Chameleon/Dimitri since there was that whole segment of Miles investigating his apartment?

nowhat

I've seen people saying that the low-poly graphics scene was intentional but to me it just looks like an LOD glitch...
Pure speculation, but since she is featured only in a single scene (and very up close), why would there be multiple LODs? So my bet is still being intentional, for whatever reason. But thanks for filling in about the character.

I'm kinda baffled as to why so many people here were so surprised that Venom's host turned out to be Harry Osborne. Did everyone get amnesia and forget this scene at the end of the first game???

Also, this is far from the first time that Harry becomes Venom's primary host and honestly, I think it was handled much better in other media such as the Ultimate Spiderman animated series.

Topher

Gold Member
I think it was handled much better in other media such as the Ultimate Spiderman animated series.

Bitch Please Seriously GIF by reactionseditor

Last edited:

Labolas

Lol, the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon was pretty fucking bad.

As much as he can be a bit of an asshole on twitter, he did make one of the best renditions of Eddie. Sucks that he didn't even get credited for it. Probably didn't get paid for it either. At least Venom actually credited Cates even though his stuff wasn't really used at all really.

Last edited:

MonkD

Lol, the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon was pretty fucking bad.

As much as he can be a bit of an asshole on twitter, he did make one of the best renditions of Eddie. Sucks that he didn't even get credited for it. Probably didn't get paid for it either. At least Venom actually credited Cates even though his stuff wasn't really used at all really.

Pretty sure Marvel owns everything their artists and writers add to characters. So they really don't have any legal obligation to credit the source of their adaptations (as far as I'm aware). Still really scummy.

I did not a reference to Bagely at one point. Anyone find anything for Cates or Stegman?

Labolas

Pretty sure Marvel owns everything their artists and writers add to characters. So they really don't have any legal obligation to credit the source of their adaptations (as far as I'm aware). Still really scummy.

I did not a reference to Bagely at one point. Anyone find anything for Cates or Stegman?
The Sony Venom film did give credit to Cates, Bagley, Stegman, McFarlane, Michelinie, and several writers.

I didn't see anything for Bagley, Cates or Stegman for Marvel's SM2.

They really did my man Peter dirty. He kept on losing constantly. Needed everyone else to save him in most fights. And him stopping to being a hero just doesnt seem right. I liked Insomniac's first game because they capture the character really well but this one aint him. He is neither a good mentor nor a capable superhero. Only time he did something worthwhile was defeating Lizard and that was with symbiote influence. (Maybe one another time when Miles was angry at Li and distracted, Peter did save couple of people but even then he needed MIles to destroy the machinery).

He is just there for getting his ass kicked And the one (single fricking thing) he is good at is being kind and that also got fucked when he simply ignored his friend and left to meet lizard to dispose of the symbiote. Why wont he call every single person and apologize properly after being an asshole. It is bizarre that he is written in such a way.

Ulysses 31

They really did my man Peter dirty. He kept on losing constantly. Needed everyone else to save him in most fights. And him stopping to being a hero just doesnt seem right. I liked Insomniac's first game because they capture the character really well but this one aint him. He is neither a good mentor nor a capable superhero. Only time he did something worthwhile was defeating Lizard and that was with symbiote influence. (Maybe one another time when Miles was angry at Li and distracted, Peter did save couple of people but even then he needed MIles to destroy the machinery).

He is just there for getting his ass kicked And the one (single fricking thing) he is good at is being kind and that also got fucked when he simply ignored his friend and left to meet lizard to dispose of the symbiote. Why wont he call every single person and apologize properly after being an asshole. It is bizarre that he is written in such a way.
And to add insult to injure, MJ treats Peter like dirt for what he did even though she knows he was under the influence of the symbiote. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Last edited:
That MJ scream fight was so annoying, I was playing it on hard and died a few times so she kept nagging on. Hilariously awful
That was so weird. It was made explicitly clear multiple times that Peter didn't do shit and MJ got out of the influence completely by herself (not even given credit for some talk no jutsu)

That MJ scream fight was so annoying, I was playing it on hard and died a few times so she kept nagging on. Hilariously awful
It was embarrassing. Who knew that all you had to do to defeat symbiote MJ was punch her while yelling a bunch of feminist platitudes.
"You matter!"
"You're a strong independent woman who don't need no man!"

I wouldn't have been surprised if a "YASS QWEEN!" was thrown in there at some point.

Edit: Oh and moments before the fight she jumps in front of Pete to shield him from Venom. Wtf?

Last edited:
It was embarrassing. Who knew that all you had to do to defeat symbiote MJ was punch her while yelling a bunch of feminist platitudes.
"You matter!"

I wouldn't have been surprised if a "YASS QWEEN!" was thrown in there at some point.

Edit: Oh and moments before the fight she jumps in front of Pete to shield him from Venom. Wtf?
Her jumping in front of Peter was insane. Peter where in fuck is your spidersense or superhuman reflexes?

Sleepwalker

That was so weird. It was made explicitly clear multiple times that Peter didn't do shit and MJ got out of the influence completely by herself (not even given credit for some talk no jutsu)

"You matter!"

Haha yeah, Peter is so incredibly whipped this time around it hurts, even got you to root for Venom Peter just to see him man up for a bit lol

ChiefDada

Gold Member
"You matter!"

Dude, why make shit up? The lengths some of you will go to find "woke shit" to complain about. The entire dialogue was appropriate for the context of Pete and MJ relationship.

Because that is what someone who loves another person would do in real life?

Sleepwalker

This was a huge bummer. Final mission. Awesome. Lets go beat some ass. I was super pumped.

And then you start it all off playing as MJ. Fucking really dude? I never rushed a segment in that game as much as I did that part. Talk about pace killing.

They want you to stealth around too lol I said no way and just went guns blazing, it was really jarring and dumb to have MJ wipe out a nest of symbiotes but at least you could rush through it pretty quickly thankfully.

tmlDan

Welp it's time for me to rant about Venom.

Hated mostly everything Venom or symbiote related stuff outside of controlling Venom against Kraven and his goons because a lot of it was a bunch of references with no real substance. It's like hey guys remember Agent Venom? Hey remember Scream? Remember Knull infected symbiotes? Remember Anti-Venom (God that was terrible)? Remember when Venom sprouted wings against his fight with Knull? The final act with Venom, it's literally just a Planet of Symbiotes again (or if you want a videogame with the same storyline Web of Shadows), but just rushed, and no real build up to it. Don't get me started on Harry being Venom because holy shit, I can't understand why Marvel is still trying to make Harry Osborn be Venom a thing. He sucks as the host of Venom. He's a weak and ineffectual character. Insomniac is using Harry to riff on better and superior Venom characters like Flash Thompson and Eddie Brock. Shit Eddie Brock was even referenced in the last game so there's no reason for them not to use him. Harry's whole mantra is to cleanse the world, which I have to ask, wtf does even mean? Cleanse the world of what? Climate change? War? Disease? I have to say that I'm surprised that Harry just didn't admit he was gay for Peter because it kinda felt that way in several scenes. Symbiote itself is yet again undoubtedly evil. There isn't ambiguity about whether the suit is truly evil or is just looking out for its own survival. I can't imagine them pushing Harry as Venom again because they literally kill off the symbiote and every symbiote in NY. Also funny enough, out of all references and little nods to Venom and symbiote lore. They seemingly forgot that Venom can camouflage but we can't have that because we can't have Miles look like more of a second fiddle than what he already is.

But you know what's funny, I don't think Venom nearly has the worst character assassination. Do you know who did though? Parker
you really need to let it go, the games are not the comics.

Cleanse the world meant not letting any one else die, since he wants to infect everyone with symbiotes cant die, dont get sick, or killed. Like his mother, him, Aunt May, Ben.

It's not that complicated.

Labolas

you really need to let it go, the games are not the comics.

Cleanse the world meant not letting any one else die, since he wants to infect everyone with symbiotes cant die, dont get sick, or killed. Like his mother, him, Aunt May, Ben.

It's not that complicated.
Spoken like a true normie. Yeah, no shit. I never said I wanted a one-to-one adaptation. But several instances show that the game suffers from trying to deviate too hard from the comics and a lot of doesn't make sense for the changes.

It wasn't ever explicitly said that that was the point. Except they can die.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
And to add insult to injure, MJ treats Peter like dirt for what he did even though she knows he was under the influence of the symbiote. :messenger_winking_tongue:

MJ: Hello?
Peter: MJ. I got the suit off! and I'm so sorry for..
MJ: Go on.
Peter: For treating you and everyone I care about like absolute crap. I'm heading to Oscorp to store the suit until Dr Connors and I can figure out what to do.
MJ: Does Harry Know?
Peter: No. But Norman's been working on an alternate cure that's showing real promise. We can still--We *will* save Harry.
MJ: Well..Its a relief to hear you sounding like yourself again. Go wrap things up, I'll see you at home.

MJ treating Peter like dirt?

Man, some of you guys love to look for things that are not even there.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Welp it's time for me to rant about Venom.

Hated mostly everything Venom or symbiote related stuff outside of controlling Venom against Kraven and his goons because a lot of it was a bunch of references with no real substance. It's like hey guys remember Agent Venom? Hey remember Scream? Remember Knull infected symbiotes? Remember Anti-Venom (God that was terrible)? Remember when Venom sprouted wings against his fight with Knull? The final act with Venom, it's literally just a Planet of Symbiotes again (or if you want a videogame with the same storyline Web of Shadows), but just rushed, and no real build up to it. Don't get me started on Harry being Venom because holy shit, I can't understand why Marvel is still trying to make Harry Osborn be Venom a thing. He sucks as the host of Venom. He's a weak and ineffectual character. Insomniac is using Harry to riff on better and superior Venom characters like Flash Thompson and Eddie Brock. Shit Eddie Brock was even referenced in the last game so there's no reason for them not to use him. Harry's whole mantra is to cleanse the world, which I have to ask, wtf does even mean? Cleanse the world of what? Climate change? War? Disease? I have to say that I'm surprised that Harry just didn't admit he was gay for Peter because it kinda felt that way in several scenes. Symbiote itself is yet again undoubtedly evil. There isn't ambiguity about whether the suit is truly evil or is just looking out for its own survival. I can't imagine them pushing Harry as Venom again because they literally kill off the symbiote and every symbiote in NY. Also funny enough, out of all references and little nods to Venom and symbiote lore. They seemingly forgot that Venom can camouflage but we can't have that because we can't have Miles look like more of a second fiddle than what he already is.

But you know what's funny, I don't think Venom nearly has the worst character assassination. Do you know who did though? Parker
Harry was/is a light hearted venom. Venom makes Harry look like a 🐈. No way could Harry keep the persona. It’s Insomniac’s light hearted take on Spider-Man.

I’ve come to terms that Marvel is super conservative with their franchises beyond the comics and even comic book writers screw up the stories for woke audience and demographics.

There’s not much else you can do besides enjoy it for what it is. I thought the way Peter “quit” made him look bad, but I’d imagine in part 3 they’d have to come back. My guess is that someone is going to kidnap MJ. I also think it sucks to have all these references to awesome Spider-Man suits, but we get the 🍼 baby version. My guess is, they can’t do hardcore to the root. It’s either a light hearted take or it’s taking shortcuts. I hope venom and carnage get to do their thing in the next game.

We will never see a X-Men video game or Spider-Man game that is based off the 90’s versions. X-Men is in a crappier state. Marvel has made a joke of the X-Men cast. That one director got to make all the movies and then the franchise went for a nose dive. That’s not even talking about the games.

I don’t like Marvel as much as I did in the 90’s, but I got use to them making these crazy arcs with tons of characters. The video game side of things is weird. Insomniac makes good games, but it’s like they don’t surprise us. The Venom model and his move set was cool. I felt like I could play a Venom game. Harry as Venom was a weird fit. I don’t exactly want to see Harry come back as Venom. I think once was good, twice is way too much.

Last edited:

Labolas

Harry was/is a light hearted venom. Venom makes Harry look like a 🐈. No way could Harry keep the persona. It’s Insomniac’s light hearted take on Spider-Man.

I’ve come to terms that Marvel is super conservative with their franchises beyond the comics and even comic book writers screw up the stories for woke audience and demographics.

There’s not much else you can do besides enjoy it for what it is. I thought the way Peter “quit” made him look bad, but I’d imagine in part 3 they’d have to come back. My guess is that someone is going to kidnap MJ. I also think it sucks to have all these references to awesome Spider-Man suits, but we get the 🍼 baby version. My guess is, they can’t do hardcore to the root. It’s either a light hearted take or it’s taking shortcuts. I hope venom and carnage get to do their thing in the next game.

We will never see a X-Men video game or Spider-Man game that is based off the 90’s versions. X-Men is in a crappier state. Marvel has made a joke of the X-Men cast. That one director got to make all the movies and then the franchise went for a nose dive. That’s not even talking about the games.

I don’t like Marvel as much as I did in the 90’s, but I got use to them making these crazy arcs with tons of characters. The video game side of things is weird. Insomniac makes good games, but it’s like they don’t surprise us. The Venom model and his move set was cool. I felt like I could play a Venom game. Harry as Venom was a weird fit. I don’t exactly want to see Harry come back as Venom. I think once was good, twice is way too much.
I don't know if light hearted is the right word for it but the writers completely were playing fast and loose with Venom. Throwing out a bunch of references but having none of them mean anything. I'm not even a huge fan of Spider-Man, but I actually feel for Pete fans out there. Because he definitely did dirty.

I don't know, but I think I'm pretty much dreading the Wolverine game at this point.

Current Marvel is pretty much dead to me. Eddie Brock hit his high point with Cates run in 2020 and Spiderman had some okayish runs here and there with stuff like Spider Island and Goblin War, but a lot of stuff is a far cry from what I consider fun and good about those characters.

And agreed about Harry, like I said in another thread let his cripple ass stay bedridden forever.

DrFigs

I loved the game, but I can't help but feel that Miles' story was cut short.

1. He never ended up finishing his college essay
2. He never met his mom's new boyfriend.

These things seem minor, but that's basically his story in this game aside from learning to forgive Li. I thought that Peter not mastering a work-life balance was a major problem for him in his story, but then it seems that Miles just will have the exact same problems, except without Peter to help him?? But maybe he also did do those things... just offscreen? It's not clear. They were just left unresolved.

edit: :pie_pensive: i didn't play the second post credit scene which addresses both points. don't i feel like quite a silly goose rn

Last edited:

Pilgrimzero

Finished it. It was good. Not as good as the first game though, which had a better story etc.

I think the core issue is the game is splitting its run time with 2 characters. This should have been all Peter with Miles popping up on occasion. Then have DLC and/or a stand alone DLC staring Miles.

MJs parts where fine.. but man that gun is over powered and her sections makes the Hunters and Symbiots look weak.

Ulysses 31

Peter: For treating you and everyone I care about like absolute crap. I'm heading to Oscorp to store the suit until Dr Connors and I can figure out what to do.
MJ: Does Harry Know?
Peter: No. But Norman's been working on an alternate cure that's showing real promise. We can still--We *will* save Harry.
MJ: Well..Its a relief to hear you sounding like yourself again. Go wrap things up, I'll see you at home.

MJ treating Peter like dirt?

Man, some of you guys love to look for things that are not even there.
Yeah, like dirt.

If she knew the suit was messing with him she should've shown relief that Peter seems himself again and told that he's not fully to blame for how he acted.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Maybe you're thinking extreme things with the dirt thing, perhaps doormat is more apt here.
I quoted it and now you're changing what you said. You always do thus.

She never said anything negative to him. Be she clearly was sad about what happened. If she mistreated him. Then she would talk about seeing him later.

Ulysses 31

I quoted it and now you're changing what you said. You always do thus.

She never said anything negative to him. Be she clearly was sad about what happened. If she mistreated him. Then she would talk about seeing him later.
I'm being mindful that English is not my first language but I'm not changing that MJ was being inconsiderate to Peter knowing what she knows about the Symbiote.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I'm being mindful that English is not my first language but I'm not changing that MJ was being inconsiderate to Peter knowing what she knows about the Symbiote.
No that's what you meant.

And yes she was considerate because she never made an issue about it. This was after he tried to kill her. She told him it was a relief to her that Peter sounds like himself again.

Ulysses 31

No that's what you meant.
Yes it is what I meant, MJ was being inconsiderate to Peter(IMO treating him like dirt or a doormat).
And yes she was considerate because she never made an issue about it. This was after he tried to kill her. She told him it was a relief to her that Peter sounds like himself again.
The inconsiderate part is that she doesn't seem to acknowledge that Peter wasn't himself and thus he has little to apologize for. Peter seemed very troubled by what he did and thus a moment for that emotional support from her seemed like what the situation called for.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Yes it is what I meant, MJ was being inconsiderate to Peter(IMO treating him like dirt or doormat).

The inconsiderate part is that she doesn't seem to acknowledge that Peter wasn't himself and thus he has little to apologize for. Peter seemed very troubled by what he did and thus a moment for that emotional support from her seems like what the situation called for.

You didn't actually follow the game.
Mary was one of the first to realize that Peter was not himself when she told Miles.

Peter apologized willingly without being asked. For her to be "inconsiderate" or for him to"treat him like dirt," then she would've scolded him. There is no indication that she did any of that. The emotional support came when she was waiting for him to come home.

If was was inconsiderate, then that means she didn't believe or acknowledge his behavior after he tried to kill her. Wanting to meet with him later (after he tried killing her while wearing the suit) shows she understood what was happening to him.

You really need to start following the story instead of getting your talking points from others,

Ulysses 31

You didn't actually follow the game.
Mary was one of the first to realize that Peter was not himself when she told Miles.
So she should've been the first to tell Peter he wasn't himself when he apologizes for bad things he did to her and others but she doesn't at all.
Peter apologized willingly without being asked. For her to be "inconsiderate" or for him to"treat him like dirt," then she would've scolded him. There is no indication that she did any of that. The emotional support came when she was waiting for him to come home.
Peter feels guilty over things he did under alien influence but MJ doesn't even try to relieve some of the guilt by reminding Peter he was under alien influence. Maybe that stuff happens off-screen but that doesn't seem like good writing to let such important character moments/interactions happen off-screen when Peter's personality changing was an important story beat in the game.
If was was inconsiderate, then that means she didn't believe or acknowledge his behavior after he tried to kill her. Wanting to meet with him later (after he tried killing her while wearing the suit) shows she understood what was happening to him.

You really need to start following the story instead of getting your talking points from others,
That's more a quirk of MJ's character that she realizes Peter was under alien influence when he attacked her but she doesn't go all the way by acknowledging other bad things Peter did were too.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
So she should've been the first to tell Peter he wasn't himself when he apologizes for bad things he did to her and others but she doesn't at all.

Peter feels guilty over things he did under alien influence but MJ doesn't even try to relieve some of the guilt by reminding Peter he was under alien influence. Maybe that stuff happens off-screen but that doesn't seem like good writing to let such important character moments/interactions happen off-screen when Peter's personality changing was an important story beat in the game.

That's more a quirk of MJ's character that she realizes Peter was under alien influence when he attacked her but she doesn't go all the way by acknowledging other bad things Peter did were too.

Just like I said before, you should play the game and follow the story.

This discussion continued later.

MJ: related to Peter's condition while under the symbiote

MJ: I think I've been lost for a while now. Not just to the symbiote. For months I've been trying to be something I'm not.
Peter: I'm glad you're back.

She relieved the guilt by discussing their problems and she was the first to say, "I love you."

This entire conversation was based on how they were not themselves. They both acknowledged and understood their situations.

Time and time again, you're showing you don't follow video game stories that well and you look for points to criticize. lol

Ulysses 31

Just like I said before, you should play the game and follow the story.

This discussion continued later.

MJ: related to Peter's condition while under the symbiote
You ignore this part:

A more considerate MJ would've jumped in and said something along the lines that he wasn't himself and that he shouldn't beat himself up so much about it.
MJ: I think I've been lost for a while now. Not just to the symbiote. For months I've been trying to be something I'm not.
Peter: I'm glad you're back.

She relieved the guilt by discussing their problems and she was the first to say, "I love you."
I see you brought up an example of MJ kinda excusing her own behaviour but not Peter's.

My scope of the criticism is what Peter did under the influence of the alien and MJ not really acknowledging that as much(or at all) as she does for her own behaviour with the Symbiote.
This entire conversation was based on how they were not themselves. They both acknowledged and understood their situations.

Time and time again, you're showing you don't follow video game stories that well and you look for points to criticize. lol
I only saw one sided acknowledgement coming from Peter and not MJ.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Fuck off with carnage being a dlc you people :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

He must be the second main villain with green goblin in the third game.
Based on the ending, I think we are gonna get a Miles Morales 2 (or possibly Miles/Silk, or maybe even Venom) before we get Spider-Man 3. And I think Carnage will be the the villain for MM2 while Green Goblin and the return of Doc Oc will be SM3.

Doc Oc and Green Goblin are basically a lock for SM3, and while there might be room for a third villain, it's hard to see Carnage fitting in there.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Based on the ending, I think we are gonna get a Miles Morales 2 (or Miles/Silk maybe) before we get Spider-Man 3. And I think Carnage will be the the villain for MM2 while Green Goblin and the return of Doc Oc will be SM3.

Doc Oc and Green Goblin are basically a lock for SM3, and while there might be room for a third villain, it's hard to see Carnage fitting in there.
If Green Goblin becomes Red Goblin then everything might be ok.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Finished the game, and personally I think I liked the first one's story more, it felt more tight up together. Doing my 2nd run on ultimate difficulty will make me clear that up.

I was expecting and wishing Kraven would become Venom, probably because in the end I already knew it would be Harry. But not gonna lie, playing as Venom and killing Kraven was dope.

Sign me up for Green Goblin teaming up with Doc Ock for Spider-man 3.

Also when Miles opened the door to revealed his mom's boyfriend I legit thought it was Chameleon, just to find out it's just some random Chinese/Korean dude and the focus was the girl who appearantly is a character who has the exact same powers as Peter.

Hope they don't do it, but they can easily swap Peter for Silk and just casually make Peter appear in Spider-man 3.

I just hope his pause is temporary.

Also I have a feeling we won't see Carnage in Spider man 3. That one is reserved for the Venom Spinoff game that will eventually pop up.

Last edited:

sendit

I loved the game, but I can't help but feel that Miles' story was cut short.

1. He never ended up finishing his college essay
2. He never met his mom's new boyfriend.

These things seem minor, but that's basically his story in this game aside from learning to forgive Li. I thought that Peter not mastering a work-life balance was a major problem for him in his story, but then it seems that Miles just will have the exact same problems, except without Peter to help him?? But maybe he also did do those things... just offscreen? It's not clear. They were just left unresolved.

edit: :pie_pensive: i didn't play the second post credit scene which addresses both points. don't i feel like quite a silly goose rn
Wait…I thought Miles mom was fucking his Uncle? It seemed implied at the ending.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Hope they don't do it, but they can easily swap Peter for Silk and just casually make Peter appear in Spider-man 3.
In the Kinda Funny Spoilercast the director I plied that Silk would be a third swappable hero. Basically he talked about how they had to write two versions of the dialog for missions, and how soon they would have to do three.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
In the Kinda Funny Spoilercast the director I plied that Silk would be a third swappable hero. Basically he talked about how they had to write two versions of the dialog for missions, and how soon they would have to do three.
3 heroes next time around? Don't know if I like that tbh.

Also MJ's podcast name had me fucking laughing. "The new normal"... So fucking perfect for how woke this world has become.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
3 heroes next time around? Don't know if I like that tbh.

Also MJ's podcast name had me fucking laughing. "The new normal"... So fucking perfect for how woke this world has become.
I feel it would have made more sense after the first game given Devil's Breath. Less so about the whole Symbiote situation that was resolved in a few days.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Venom is my favorite Marvel character, so was insanely excited when this game was announced.... and now here I am, didn't buy the game and am in a spoiler thread with zero F's given. It's because I read that they made Harry Venom and was gutted. Reading the critiques here just validate everything I was worried about. Eddie is Venom. Harry as Venom is just stupid at a fundamental level. It's like, hey in the next Batman game, Killer Croc is actually.... the Joker!

- final boss with Venom was disappointing, never got any of that Spider-Men v Venom fighting across the city and instead got two small arenas with only one Spider-Man fighting Venom at once, downright false/misleading marketing given how they rinsed that notion for all the trailers.
I just watched a video of the fights and they are sooooooooo bad. They are template battle scenes in tiny arenas. How the F do they do this when Venom and Spidey are the most mobile characters? The fight should be across the city, putting that PS5 SSD to good use.

Last edited:
Top Bottom