• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spider-Man 2 - Story Trailer | PS5 Games

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I hope they improve on the relationship stuff with Peter & MJ.
Because this how business was annoying as fuck
fzsKH2j.jpg

Trilobit

I wonder if we'll get the super exciting podcast with the enthralling Danika Hart again.

rHjQQkg.png

---------

I hope they improve on the relationship stuff with Peter & MJ.
Because this how business was annoying as fuck
fzsKH2j.jpg

MJ "I-don't-need-no-man-keeping-me-safe" Watson who ends up literally throwing herself off a skyscraper expecting Peter to catch her. If they want to have a romantic interest I'd rather go with Black Cat despite her huge red flags as MJ was so incredibly boring as a character.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
People really forgot who Insomniac Games is. As if they didn't release the best looking game on console to date in 2021. They're in competition with themselves.
I don't know that I'd go that far, but I certainly agree that they've shown themselves to be damn good in the visuals department. They're definitely one of Sony's top studios for more reasons than just prolific output.

Hunnybun

For all the screeching about the visuals so far, the few snippets we've seen of indoor gameplay show a pretty big jump over the first game.

The swinging obviously looks similar, but the city always looked pretty great from that distance. It'll be when you're walking about among the buildings that the extra details will be tested.

For me the only major disappointment graphics wise were the cutscenes which imo looked weirdly crummy. But I don't really care about them anyway, so...

zeldaring

Banned
I loved Rocksteady’s Batman game too, but Spidey on ps4 was every bit as good. Looking forward to this sequel.
Arkham city was revolutionary when it came. It also had much better side content and bosses. Like Mary Jane gameplay and the puzzles were annoying and manahaten feels more repetitive compared to Gotham. I feel spider man 2 has the potential to super hero goat though from what I seen so far.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm gonna say it because no one has.
Because the artwork for the series is kinda lacking.
Both covers are just them with a coloured background.

Pelta88

I'm gonna say it because no one has.
Because the artwork for the series is kinda lacking.
Both covers are just them with a coloured background.

Firstly, I'm applying for my Spidey hype ticket now TGO TGO

That said, Spider-Man is the most recognizable ip in the comic book genre. Although it might be bland to us, it's akin to catnip to the broader gaming audience.

drotahorror

I'm really trying to get hype, story trailer was sick.

My spiderman media consumption is pretty light though. I've seen Spiderman 1 with Toby and the first Venom movie. And I've beaten Miles Morales on PS5. I feel like I should atleast beat Spiderman (PS5 version), and maybe watch all the movies.

Kind of hoping that they introduce Gwen in this game. I cannot tell you how inspiring Ghost Spider is for my daughter and her friends. Maybe a stand alone game like Miles would be great.

They would also have their cover sorted for Spider-Man 3.

Certinty

Venom being playable for a few missions wouldn’t entirely shock me given how MJ and Miles were in the first game.

Absolutely no chance in the open world though, that’s asking for far too much.

shamoomoo

Venom's abilities =/= Venom being a playable character. Peter has Venom's abilities.

Besides, I don't think Venom will be a playable character. Insomniac has already shared that there are 3 skill trees: Peter's, Miles', and Shared. There is no 4th skill tree.
Maybe it was an accident slip of DLC?

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Venom's abilities =/= Venom being a playable character. Peter has Venom's abilities.

Besides, I don't think Venom will be a playable character. Insomniac has already shared that there are 3 skill trees: Peter's, Miles', and Shared. There is no 4th skill tree.
Unless Peter becomes Venom in this story.

Top Bottom