• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation x UEFA Champions League - Extraordinary Drama (advert)

Watch the unpredictable and extraordinary drama of the beautiful game unfold...

Ellie and Joel, from The Last of Us, race down the tunnel to deliver the match ball in time for kick off. Astro boosts his way to the center circle to collect the referee’s coin toss. God of War’s Kratos and Atreus are leading fans with a mighty blow of the Gjallarhorn. Spider-Men Peter Parker & Miles Morales from Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 come to the rescue in Marvel’s New York, saving a jumbotron during a match’s decisive moment.

PS5 - Official UEFA Champions League Games Console

ThisIsMyDog

It should be fights of hooligans in the stadium, Playstation vs. the "green team", at the end Playstation wins and gets punished by UEFA with a ban for 10 matches. Today no one has the balls to make good commercials.

RagnarokIV

Chavstation

True Crime Movie GIF by Signature Entertainment

Aion002

It should be fights of hooligans in the stadium, Playstation vs. the "green team", at the end Playstation wins and gets punished by UEFA with a ban for 10 matches. Today no one has the balls to make good commercials.
I think it's more of a different approach. Most companies decided that it's better to not remind the consumers of competitors.

Anyway, cool ad.

vivftp

Using Joel and Ellie despite the events of The Last of Us Part II? Says all I need to know.

Did the fact that they released TLOU Part 1 on PS5/PC and also season 1 of the HBO series within the last year play into your analysis?

Using Joel and Ellie speaks to the broader audience who might not know the events of Part 2.

Davevil

Sony's bad taste, here in Turin (Italy) during a Champions League match there was a tragedy in a square of the city while they were screening a match with thousands of fans in front of the giant screen with many injuries and deaths

ThisIsMyDog

Sony's bad taste, here in Turin (Italy) during a Champions League match there was a tragedy in a square of the city while they were screening a match with thousands of fans in front of the giant screen with many injuries and deaths
giphy.gif

They showed a solution that would save these people and you complain.

Unknown?

Did the fact that they released TLOU Part 1 on PS5/PC and also season 1 of the HBO series within the last year play into your analysis?

Using Joel and Ellie speaks to the broader audience who might not know the events of Part 2.
Of course it does, because they're the far better story and it was complete. Part 2 should have used entirely different characters.

TrebleShot

Sony has always sponsored the Champions League as far back as I can remember.
Always like to see highlights of games etc and youll see like PSVita ads and PS3 rebrand ads like when they went to the slim and had the new font.

Toots

Gold Member
Having heroes perform the most menial tasks always seemed stupid to me.
You have spiderman on payroll, and you ask him to watch out for the falling TV set instead of tightening the screws that holds it ?
It's like hiring Kiryu at a club and have him do accounting instead of doorman .

and last but not least, Astrobot stealing the toss and choosing arbitrarily which side kicks off is ground to full scale pitch invasion by both teams supporters.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

I hate that this pathetic ass Kratos with his annoying teenage brat has become the face of God of War.Even with Ai generated images the only Kratos coming up is the dad bod one with his eternal sighs and moans.The Kratos of old would eviscerate the new one and play football with his head using Atreus's face as a sneaker.

Top Bottom