• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spider-Man 2 - Story Trailer | PS5 Games

X-Wing

Really excited for this game.
I know Insomniac said it would be a new take on Venom.
From the snippet in the trailer, it looks like the lizard will become venom after the encounter with black suited spiderman that was shown in the first gameplay trailer?
Seems a more natural fit for the teeth and tongue of the character to transfer across.

CTn0XOY.jpg
wnANXgD.jpg
No… the first screenshot is Peter on top of the Lizard. Both Venom and Harry say “We’re gonna heal the world” at some point. That’s all you need to know who Venom is.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Maybe they change Miles half way through the game on this one....

Camera cuts from Miles talking to Peter....Peter says..."We are who we are!"

Camera cuts back.....

iaulIOE.jpg

"Well, peter....We have a choice of who we can be!"

ProtoByte

I thought Miles looked better and more in character with the clean fade. MJ looks like younger Drew Barrymore. Peter's face is way better now. He actually looks like a man.

I'm liking everything I've read about the story, other than how they're going about the symbiote. ManaByte ManaByte mentioned the Raimi versions foibles - though it should be said that Raimi got the idea from the 90s animated series - but I don't even think the comic version would work here.

The black suit could've been portrayed as a more moral grey area than something outright bad.

Last edited:

Little Mac

Gold Member
I don't own a PS5 and I thought the trailer looked pretty good. It was alot better than the Sony Showcase trailer imo. I'm curious as to how the final product is received.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Am I the only one slighty pissed they revealed Harry in the trailer?

I mean, we could kind of guess he would star in Spider-man 2, it was pretty much guaranteed, but still...

Last edited:
I was put off from buying this when I saw the gameplay reveal, as it didn't look impressive in my opinion.

I might consider pre-ordering it now because this new trailer actually looks really good.

Last edited:
GIF by NBC

People can argue all day about the graphics, which I do feel have some validation in it's criticism, but really, who gives a shit? The graphics are still pretty great and Insomniac is easily one of the most consistently good studios around, they have been putting out very fun games for what... 25+ years or so at this point? I can't wait to for this to come out, I bet it's gonna be great. I do wish this was co-op though, seems like a big missed opportunity, but I'm also a sucker for some fun co-op too and I think just about every game should have it.

Last edited:
She looks way more human in the new look, the old look was awful - her hair was stiff and the style made no sense and her face barely moved like a human.

This scene alone looks a million times better.

77rAQmU.png

By Just looking at her eyes, you can feel she's really expressing a lot of feelings, while the former is much more like a robot generic doll

This a big upgrade in art, design and technology.

I love the New MJ.

Some People are Just afraid of changes and see any change as something negative. I dont when it changes for the better and thats the case with both Peter and MJ.

The only change I didnt like got to be that terrible Miles hairstyle. Come on...

Kurotri

I'm slowly getting used to Peter's look but goddamn MJ... I'm not saying she's ugly, but she looks way older. Could be Peter's mom at this point.

Miles is by far the best looking fella tbh but whatever, the actual game looks fantastic and I love how they are going HARD with Venom. Day 1.

StereoVsn

You do know that CG in blockbuster films is completely unaffected by the constraints of running on local hardware in real-time like a video game, right?

More visual touch-ups will come but to say the game looks underwhelming visually is big-time cope. I'd say after HFW: Burning Shores this is shaping to be the best-looking game on the market once it releases. And more importantly than that, it just looks very fun and action-packed. Plus the story seems like it's on a solid track too.

Some of the nitpicking in gaming these days is getting rather annoying, especially for games that haven't even come out yet.

We can't help it if you've gone blind...
I don't know about all of this. The puddles just don't look right to me! 😉

VulcanRaven

I mean, I was way more into Black Cat and Silver Sable anyways, but I don't know why they felt the need to change her looks. She was just fine in the first one. Unless for some reason they're no longer allowed to use the likeness of whoever may have been her model.
It could be because they changed Peter so it made sense to change MJ too. But I would say that MJ doesn't look like a completely different person like Peter.

Zok310

Banned
Really excited for this game.
I know Insomniac said it would be a new take on Venom.
From the snippet in the trailer, it looks like the lizard will become venom after the encounter with black suited spiderman that was shown in the first gameplay trailer?
Seems a more natural fit for the teeth and tongue of the character to transfer across.

CTn0XOY.jpg
wnANXgD.jpg
Yup, very original, like how the devs are just making their own lore. Cant wait to see what they do with Wolverine.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Raimi got the idea from the 90s animated series
Raimi didn’t even want to use Venom. Raimi was in the process of casting Ben Kingsley as Vulture when Avi Arad forced him to include Venom. That’s the the third movie is the worst of the trilogy. Raimi only wanted to use the 60s characters, but the guy responsible for the garbage Toy Biz Marvel action figures had to shit it up.

Last edited:
Replayed both games not long ago and I admittedly wasn't impressed with the gameplay showcase for Spider-man 2.

Now, this looks fucking incredible. The only thing to seal the deal for me is the mission structure. I hated the first mission stealth sections.

Top Bottom