• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spider-Man 2 - Story Trailer | PS5 Games

Markio128

HLbPYVj.gif

HLbPaix.gif
The lighting and shadows in that first scene are superb - gives a real sense of depth.

Astray

This looks really good, probably the 1st time I'm actually hyped for the game.

Also the "new" Peter design will never not look weeeeeeiiiird

amigastar

I have Spiderman 1 on PC in my gaming library. Never played it for too long. Is it better than Batman Arkham Asylum (which is my favorite Superhero game)?

I have Spiderman 1 on PC in my gaming library. Never played it for too long. Is it better than Batman Arkham Asylum (which is my favorite Superhero game)?
Yeah I think so but I also preferred Arkham knight over Asylum because I think it’s the greatest superhero game ever. Spider-Man 1 had some horrible pacing issues but the highs are definitely awesome

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
The game still looks underwhelming graphically.

Things to add to make it a standout:

- Fix the damn textures on Venom. He looks like his textures are still loading in.
- Make Venom's suit moving at all times, like a living breathing organism. Like Vecna in Stranger Things 4. Notice his neck moving:
stranger-things-vecna.gif

- Brighter specular highlights at night.
- More details in the characters models and clothing.
- More detailed foliage in the jungle scenes.
- Way more particle/slimey/gooey effects during gameplay while playing as Parker in the Venom suit thing.

ProtoByte

The game still looks underwhelming graphically.

Things to add to make it a standout:

- Fix the damn textures on Venom. He looks like his textures are still loading in.
- Make Venom's suit moving at all times, like a living breathing organism.

- Brighter specular highlights at night.
- More details in the characters models and clothing.
- More detailed foliage in the jungle scenes.
- Way more particle/slimey/gooey effects during gameplay while playing as Parker in the Venom suit thing.
This is as good as the game's going to look, I'm afraid.
The kind of things you're talking about would require a new rendering pipeline. Especially the fluid simulation to pull off the symbiote in the way you're describing. Peter's black suit has moving tendrils at the jointed parts of his body, but they aren't too noticeable or impressive, because the bones of the game are still PS4.

GymWolf

So what would you consider not "meh" the animations and lighting are incredible
Animations were already superb in the past games, the lights during gameplay doens't look as good as the cinematic, but i'm not an expert in lights, i'm mostly disappointed by the models.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Her actress is a goddamn goddess good lord.

IDGAF about women looks in games though
I'm more annoyed they changed her from the first one, making her not actually look like the actress was bad enough.

They are potentially borrowing the best twist/part of the Ultimate Spiderman Cartoon...

By making Harry become venom instead of Brock.

It makes the stakes way higher since they're best friends. In the cartoon his dad Norman Osborn treated him like garbage and was cutting him off from things, Peter was always too busy to help tutor him, he almost failed out, he was jealous of Spiderman's fame, and things became worse with most of his relationships. At first he tried to be a better, greedier version of Spiderman(he asked people to pay him for his services) but he ended up harming others and causing more issues than solving them because he was too reckless and didn't care enough about civilians. More stuff happened(like Norman becoming Ultimate Goblin and finally accepting Harry so that they can team up against Spiderman) but it was a decent arc to watch for a cartoon that was ultimately middle of the road in quality.

I wonder if that also means Venom will not be an alien and instead will be born from

Experiments from using Spiderman's DNA:

Last edited:
Top Bottom