• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slam, smash, and boost your way to fame in PS' exclusive Destruction AllStars releasing at launch on PS5....... PS Blog Game details.

Like what you see?

• Total voters

OutRun88

Sounds cool. I like the “down but not out” mechanic when your vehicle gets destroyed.

Will wait for actual gameplay footage before making a purchase choice obviously!

Keihart

Looks like a game that should be free since it will fund support via micro-transactions and probably aiming to be a GaaS, i wonder why the 70 price tag since that will only hurt the game adoption and in a game likes the more important piece for it to work it's the amount of people playing it so that the online aspect doesn't completely suck.

Weird stuff, as interesting as it sounds to me in the gameplay department, i don't see it succeed with the current price of entry.

Sw0pDiller

This screams psplus deal day one! As a ps5 only game + this kind of price I feel there will be some matchmaking problems. Game looks fun though, not 79 euro fun. I'll gladly pay 79 for DS but they can keep this...

cormack12

Gold Member
Looks like it could have been a cult title if they priced it right at £40, likely to have MTX as well given the emotes are free. It actually looks like fun but it's going up against too many better titles to warrant that price tag. No chance am I taking a chance on it.

Is this Sony's Bleeding Edge equivalent, but just extremely overpriced?

Well the difference is that it's a fully fledged game.

Is the multiplayer online only or split-screen as well?

Good question. We don't know, and safe to assume there won't be.

Sounds cool. I like the “down but not out” mechanic when your vehicle gets destroyed.

Will wait for actual gameplay footage before making a purchase choice obviously!

That trailer needs to be out soon, followed by dev gameplay walkthrough and streams. It's cutting it too close to launch.

Last edited:
Well the difference is that it's a fully fledged game.
Is it? Seems like a bunch of speculation on "what if's?", than actual factual, info. Wish a new twisted metal or Vigilante 8 (for those who remember that gem), would release this gen, or even a remake of the old ones.

Is it? Seems like a bunch of speculation on "what if's?", than actual factual, info. Wish a new twisted metal or Vigilante 8 (for those who remember that gem), would release this gen, or even a remake of the old ones.

You read the OP or the blog post? Cause there is nothing to indicate the contrary (as of now).

Youd think the blogpost would come with a gameplay video... :|

We saw a bit of gameplay on the announcement trailer but it's just a bunch of quick cuts put together mixed with cinematics.

Of course I did. People are confused as to how multiplayer may work, which would what majority of people would be playing...

I include myself in that bunch. We need to see unaltered gameplay of multiplayer matches, and gameplay of the single-player aspect. It's not a Bleeding Edge type of scope game though. That is as bare-bones as you can get.

Last edited:
We saw a bit of gameplay on the announcement trailer but it's just a bunch of quick cuts put together mixed with cinematics.

I include myself in that bunch. We need to see unaltered gameplay of multiplayer matches, and gameplay of the single-player aspect. It's not a Bleeding Edge type of scope game though. That is as bare-bones as you can get.
We shall see. So far, everything seen, is not too far off from that. YMMV.

Yoboman

Is there any evidence it will be MTX heavy?

If cosmetics are free then full price is okay. If they want to charge for MTX then it should be free or cheaper

Either way I'll wait for reviews. I love, love, love Rocket League so if they can capture that magic I am all in

70 dollars price is like smothering a baby with a pillow. It's either pure ignorance or greed on display with the decision to charge money for this. Hopefully they at least have the common sense to make this a psplus title almost immediately.

Top Bottom