• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slam, smash, and boost your way to fame in PS' exclusive Destruction AllStars releasing at launch on PS5....... PS Blog Game details.

Like what you see?

• Total voters
Blog Post link here

Summary:
  • Exclusive to PS5.
  • Launching this November with PS5.
  • Competitive arena vehicle destruction derby. Play solo or with teammates during matches.
  • Singleplayer and Multiplayer
  • Gameplay: Smash cars with the abilities to dodge, slam, boost and more.
  • Gameplay: Once wrecked you can hop out of your car, on foot. You can use parkour skills to jump, climb, grab and vault as well as collect items and lure opponents into hard hitting traps.
  • Arena's (maps): Designed for car mash mayham with ramps, verticality etc
  • Global Custom built Arenas.
  • Cinematic rivalries exploring player motivations (assuming kill cam or some sort of spectator cam).
  • Plenty of cosmetics and emote options for your character
  • Post launch support planned with new maps etc.... FREE!
  • New trailer out Soony
  • Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP) StreetsofBeige StreetsofBeige
Playable characters are below (Heroes): Each have unique, in-match abilities that are unlocked during match progression and performance called Ultimate Skills (for both the character (in case on foot) , and the vehicle).
Heros.jpg

Some (not all) of the Ultimate Abilities:

On foot
  • Shyft – Uses cloaking technology to go invisible and take over vehicles before his opponents notice.
  • Ultimo Barricado – Become invulnerable to incoming attacks, from vehicles and characters.
  • Lupita – Drops trails of fire that causes burning damage to vehicle and KO characters.
  • Boxtop – Spawns parcels that buff team mates and deal explosive damage enemies.

Vehicle
  • Sabre (Hana’s Vehicle) – Deploy a blade along the length of the vehicle and slice opponents in half.
  • The Undisputed (Ultimo’s Vehicle) – Activate an immense shield and become an unstoppable force in the arena.
  • Callisto (Genesis’ Vehicle) – Ignite rocket boosters for a burst of speed, causing massive damage to your opponents.
  • Mr Sparkles (Tw!nlkeR1ot’s Vehicle) – Enter Rampage as you hit harder with every Slam.
=========================================================================================================

Digital Deluxe Edition announced:

DL.jpg

• 1 Legendary Character Skin and Vehicle Skin – Embrace the darkness and become The Crow.
  • 1 Dance Emote for Lupita – Lupita shows the AllStars how it’s done in Rio!
  • 4 Banners and 5 Avatars – Add some variety to your player profile, right from the start!
  • 10,000 AllStar Currency – Kickstart your AllStar customization! AllStar Currency can be earned through online play. This boost should give you a head start on customizing your racing stripes whilst you earn the rest!

Last edited:

INC

hmm ok cool, guess I read it wrong somewhere then

Looks fun, id play it, but still not at $70

$30 no doubt

Grinchy

Banned
I just need to see the game actually being played to get a better idea of what it is. I'm sure we will get plenty of that after launch, but that doesn't have me in day 1 territory.

Its really surprising as traditinally uk has been very pro xbox and this gen they might have a real battle on their hands.
Very pro Sony, i think you meant? But yeah, it is suprising, sort of. The 360 absolutely dominated in the UK, until the Wii, then when the PS4 launched - despite the 360 being the go-to platform for kids and adults alike - a huge swing to PS4 happened. Nobody i knew bought an Xbone on launch day, including Xbox fans. My brother is a bigger xbox fan than me and he kept his 360 up until around 2016.

So yeah, to see Sony lump the UK in with Euro, even though we don't and hopefully never will, use the Euro currency, is a slap in the face. Doubly so when you consider Jim Ryan is in charge.

Calverz

Very pro Sony, i think you meant? But yeah, it is suprising, sort of. The 360 absolutely dominated in the UK, until the Wii, then when the PS4 launched - despite the 360 being the go-to platform for kids and adults alike - a huge swing to PS4 happened. Nobody i knew bought an Xbone on launch day, including Xbox fans. My brother is a bigger xbox fan than me and he kept his 360 up until around 2016.

So yeah, to see Sony lump the UK in with Euro, even though we don't and hopefully never will, use the Euro currency, is a slap in the face. Doubly so when you consider Jim Ryan is in charge.
Majority of the people i know in uk stuck with their loyalties last gen. Of all of them id say its pretty split between x1 and ps4. But the kiddies i know, nephews etc are all x1s. So i think sony have a bigger battle this gen. how did you know bethesda was gonna sell up last year? Lol

Majority of the people i know in uk stuck with their loyalties last gen. Of all of them id say its pretty split between x1 and ps4. But the kiddies i know, nephews etc are all x1s. So i think sony have a bigger battle this gen. how did you know bethesda was gonna sell up last year? Lol
That's really interesting. It was the exact opposite in my social circle, almost everyone, including me, abandoned Xbox and picked up a PS4. Hell, i bought an xbone only to play Gears 3 BC and Gears 4. It wasn't until the X, Elite pad and gamepass did i really move back towards Xbox as my main console.

How did i know? Bethesda put out some pretty strong signals last year that not all was well. Seems as they're too big to fail, it seemed like a smart guess that someone was going to scoop up the IP's vs Bethesda going under. In hindsight, Microsoft buying them makes the most sense, though i thought it could have been EA or Acti. EA because of the GAAS and milking and Acti because they like their FPS games.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Was never on my radar, and probably never will be while it's $70.

I really can't wait to see how this price point affect overall attach rate in the first year. I think they are hoping for normalization to take hold and honestly I think it owuld if they didn't stack these games with MTX as well.

Vawn

Banned
This game doesn't look like it belongs on PlayStation. I mean that as a compliment to PlayStation. This game looks bad.

Reactions: MrS

Boxster17

Looks kind of interesting, but not something I'm willing to pay full price on. Seems more of a bargain bin or PS+ game.

CAB_Life

I don’t understand the $70 sticker price on what is clearly an MP focused game filled with MTX. Most purchasers will safely ignore this, but would likely have given it a shot for free.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Not sold at all on this. Just sounds boring to me.

I'll give it a try when it hits PS+.

Last edited:
Top Bottom