• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sims 4 Inclusivity Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Bilbo

...thanks??!
excuse me eyebrow GIF by popsugar

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
Wtf is up with people doing mental gymnastics while trying to hand wave the ability for teens to play out there Tranisition fantasies? Like you think its ok for developing teens to go under the cosmetic knife? And totally reasonable for EA to encourage toying with that fantasy?
It's pretty simple if you are not stuck mentally in the 18th century...

Yes, it can absolutely be okay for developing teens to go under the cosmetic knife, under VERY specific and VERY rare circumstances.
Let people have their fantasies. It's a game. It can't hurt you.

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
But nothing you just described is "very rare" "now a days" is it.
Yes, it is.
Extremely rare, even.
Your perception is just entirely messed up because you have constructed a fake truth in your head about a handful of headlines you might have read.

And now you are arguing based on your mistaken perception instead of what's actually happening.

CGNoire

Yes, it is.
Extremely rare, even.
Your perception is just entirely messed up because you have constructed a fake truth in your head about a handful of headlines you might have read.

And now you are arguing based on your mistaken perception instead of what's actually happening.
Are you saying the number of teens now wanting to transition hasnt skyrocketed?
Under what "very rare" circumstances do think its ok for teens to go under a cosmetic knife?

whyman

Oh, you were spouting off about child abuse and it didn't make any sense given the context of the game update, but it seems you just don't like elective medical procedures and people having control over their own bodies. Thanks for clearing the matter up and explaining your bias. Carry on.
I maintain that before you are an adult (in the legal sense), you should not be allowed to have body parts removed on you by adults or other children. Just like you don’t give a kid a tattoo and so on.

That is correct, children should not be in full control over their bodies as they are not fully in control of their minds. The mind reaches adulthood much later.
By encouraging this behavior among adults and normalizing it among children, EA is opening the door to child abuse being accepted. How big is the next step to someone willingly having their clitoris removed because the god they have been told to believe in “says so”?

Like I said, adults should be allowed to change their bodies. My stance is not intolerance, it’s a natural instinct to protect children. Something people seem to have less and less of in the west.

EA needs to be shown that it is an unacceptable stance by a major cooperation to normalize child abuse.

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
Are you saying the number of teens now wanting to transition hasnt skyrocketed?
Wanting to transition and transitioning are two very, very different things.

It can just be a teenage "mood" thing, sure, given the current overexposure of the topic and how easily teens are influenced, but it can also be an actual mental illness like a variant of body/gender dysmorphia that has actual transitioning incl surgical procedures as a last resort treatment - after other treatments like behavioral therapy have failed and obviously thorough discussion with parents, doctors and the teen.

Being interested in the topic and playing around with it in games is perfectly fine.

If you think this normalizes anything, you should also be arguing that games turn people into violent shooters.

Is this just a disguised futa update like the mod I already have installed?
Why do I have the feeling your mod list is related to loverslab? :messenger_beaming:

Can't wait for the schizophrenia update where my sim can stand in front of a corner store yelling obscenities at himself.
Isn't that already in, in some form or another? I think you can have a pretty whacky sim that just behaves very oddly.

Last edited:

CGNoire

Being interested in the topic and playing around with it in games is perfectly fine.

If you think this normalizes anything, you should also be arguing that games turn people into violent shooters.
I dont think games can turn people trans but i do think it could normalize tranitioning at that age. i would also say this isnt about trans representation this is about propogation of a political ideologies designed to provide both catharsis to alleviate the anxieties modern liberals have with current society and to further normalize there continued renovations of modern institutions.

Freeman76

Wtf is up with people doing mental gymnastics while trying to hand wave the ability for teens to play out there Tranisition fantasies? Like you think its ok for developing teens to go under the cosmetic knife? And totally reasonable for EA to encourage toying with that fantasy?

Unfortunately it seems the recent 1.5k member rush was full of reseterans. Expect more of this shit imo

Drew1440

Yeah putting this for teen sims is going over the line, it just sounds straight up uncomfortable. Funny thing is as much as they try to pander to that community, they will still complain that it's not enough.

I wonder why they don't just let you medically transition your Sims?

I have to admit it is very fun to have a guy Sim that keeps getting pregnant so I don't really mind changes like this for this game (though in most other games I'd agree it's a bit eyeroll worthy)
Sims 2 did let your adult sims get pregnant, although only through alien abduction. Back when the series was actually good.

93xfan

Banned
But nothing you just described is "very rare" "now a days" is it.
Rare is never the goal. Consider another hot topic of the day. They lie and lie and lie until before we know it, people are advocating for babies outside the womb to be allowed to starve to death if the mother and doctor agree.

When they get pushback, they try to pretend they have some restraint until they see an opportunity to try again.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
You can still play the game as you used to.

More choices is never a bad thing even if it doesn’t relate to me

Absolutely. And there's much more the Sims makers can do to cater to neglected demographics.

- Sim characters too obese to leave their house or even their bed
- Vision impaired sims who bump into every 3D object
- Blind mode where the screen turns black and you have no idea where you're going
- Schizo mode where disembodied voices tell your sim to paint the walls and kill family members
- Depression mode where your sim character won't interact with other sims and cries in a corner every few hours
- etc

The possibilities are endless once you leave the mainstream and start focusing on whales with mental disorders.

Last edited:

John Bilbo

Absolutely. And there's much more the Sims makers can do to cater to neglected demographics.

- Sim characters too obese to leave their house or even their bed
- Vision impaired sims who bump into every 3D object
- Blind mode where the screen turns black and you have no idea where you're going
- Schizo mode where disembodied voices tell your sim to paint the walls and kill family members
- Depression mode where your sim character won't interact with other sims and cries in a corner every few hours
- etc

The possibilities are endless once you leave the mainstream and start focusing on whales with mental disorders.
I mean all of those possibilities sound playful indie game kinda stuff but then again, I don't play Sims.

I assume the game already has some kind of scarring system in place? As in other kinds of scars

YCoCg

I actually looked at none. They are pointless. You would need internal polling data to see what the majority want.
It's a bit puzzling that you've decided to not read any of the links I've provided after you asked for such evidence that The Sims community has a very active and quite a large LGBT+ userbase. It sort of feels like you're moving the goal posts or don't have an actual interest of seeing proof and instead want to remain willingly ignorant so you can stay angry, at least that's how it comes across.

YCoCg

You can have crazy Sims and have Depressed Sims, they've been around since The Sims 2/3.

edit: To be honest it feels like most people in this complaining don't actually play The Sims and haven't done so for a very long time, so again, how does it affect YOU because they're catering to requests from their actual active userbase?

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
It's a bit puzzling that you've decided to not read any of the links I've provided after you asked for such evidence that The Sims community has a very active and quite a large LGBT+ userbase. It sort of feels like you're moving the goal posts or don't have an actual interest of seeing proof and instead want to remain willingly ignorant so you can stay angry, at least that's how it comes across.

None of what you posted suggests this came from the "Majority". Most players don't use forums or communities. Most just play the game. As someone who plays this game weekly to this day, I can tell you that I never wanted to see the mutilation of children in my game. I don't give a shit if I never have to see it or if its just an option - it is something that shouldn't exist. Period.

If this was only for adults? Fuck it, fine. Let 'em. But not for teens.

YCoCg

None of what you posted suggests this came from the "Majority". Most players don't use forums or communities. Most just play the game. As someone who plays this game weekly to this day, I can tell you that I never wanted to see the mutilation of children in my game. I don't give a shit if I never have to see it or if its just an option - it is something that shouldn't exist. Period.
So a crazy LIFE SIMULATOR where you can have a nuclear family, live a 9 to 5 job, have a perfect family, BUT where you can also turn into mutants, dance with death, raise the super natural, cause havok in schools and universities, become a vampire who owns a night club, become a werewolf and go play golf, etc, etc, is fine, but having an option that doesn't affect you, is there for Trans people, that's too much?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
So a crazy LIFE SIMULATOR where you can have a nuclear family, live a 9 to 5 job, have a perfect family, BUT where you can also turn into mutants, dance with death, raise the super natural, cause havok in schools and universities, become a vampire who owns a night club, become a werewolf and go play golf, etc, etc, is fine, but having an option that doesn't affect you, is there for Trans people, that's too much?

Nice strawman argument. Note how I said I am fine for the option when its for ADULTS. Just not for TEENs. But glad to know you are perfectly fine with the mutilation of children.

YCoCg

Nice strawman argument. Note how I said I am fine for the option when its for ADULTS. Just not for TEENs. But glad to know you are perfectly fine with the mutilation of children.
Nice deflection by the way, so anyone who doesn't agree with you automatically likes to mutilate children? Seems a bit aggressive considering I don't care much about additional options being added to a game where you can live your virtual life how YOU want.

Raonak

Banned

The Sims is a game. They can go through any fantasy. That's the whole point of the game lol.

Talking Blah Blah Blah GIF by Wiz Khalifa

You can have crazy Sims and have Depressed Sims, they've been around since The Sims 2/3.

edit: To be honest it feels like most people in this complaining don't actually play The Sims and haven't done so for a very long time, so again, how does it affect YOU because they're catering to requests from their actual active userbase?
Lol that you can’t comprehend somebody caring about wider society.

YCoCg

Lol that you can’t comprehend somebody caring about wider society.
How is it caring about wider society when people are outraged and fearmongering features being added to the game, ....that have already been in the game for a decade or more? It's clear that most of you throwing fits over this don't actually play the game.

How is it caring about wider society when people are outraged and fearmongering features being added to the game, ....that have already been in the game for a decade or more? It's clear that most of you throwing fits over this don't actually play the game.
I don’t care about mods or whatever. I do care about a multi national corporation normalising and therefore encouraging the mutilation of children. Crazy, I know.

YCoCg

I don’t care about mods or whatever. I do care about a multi national corporation normalising and therefore encouraging the mutilation of children. Crazy, I know.
But things like Depression, and Crazy Sims, have been officially in the game for multiple entries now, those were features that poster was fearmongering about being added to the game next.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
But things like Depression, and Crazy Sims, have been officially in the game for multiple entries now, those were features that poster was fearmongering about being added to the game next.

Just for the 0.1% chance you are actually being real and aren't continuing your typical purposeful ignorance - People were *mocking the game* for the additions stated in the OP and made suggests for appeasing other mental illnesses such as Schizophrenia. They aren't being serious.

YCoCg

Just for the 0.1% chance you are actually being real and aren't continuing your typical purposeful ignorance - People were *mocking the game* for the additions stated in the OP and made suggests for appeasing other mental illnesses such as Schizophrenia. They aren't being serious.
And THAT'S the damn point, the people outraged by this clearly haven't played the games for a very long time. So again, how does it affect them? They're fairweather gamers.

It's options for people who that is the reality for. The sims is a T for teen game so people who play are supposed to be of age to understand what those options mean.

YCoCg

FFS, mate. Even when I explain it to you in the most simplistic way, you *still* don't get it and continuing on this purposeful ignorant tirade of yours.

Just take the L.
You've not explained jack that makes sense, you're just crying in this thread that children are being corrupted by corporations boot licking the LGBT userbase and that anyone who isn't angry about MUST be ok with Child Mutilation. Again, since you need it as simple as possible, most of you complaining haven't even played the game in years, infact I think the last community voting and polls showed that the largest playerbase of The Sims games was Millenial WOMEN, followed by the various LGBT+ groups, THEY are the ones still playing, THEY are the ones keeping this franchise going, so obviously EA is going to cater to the audience that actually PLAYS their game.

Teens can't get any type of medical procedure done without the approval of their parents. I'm sure the last thing you want is some nobody preaching how you should raise your kids so how about you worry about your own damn kids and let other families decide what's good for their them.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
You've not explained jack that makes sense, you're just crying in this thread that children are being corrupted by corporations boot licking the LGBT userbase and that anyone who isn't angry about MUST be ok with Child Mutilation.
Never did I mention anything about "corporations boot licking LGBT", just that your claims that the "majority" of the playerbase asking for these options was incorrect. You have no data to suggest even "half" the player base asked for it. A few random forum posts and threads, that alreayd make up a fraction of a fraction of any playerbase, is not proof/evidence.

Your sad need to defend this option for teens (aka children) does give me plenty of reason into suggesting that you are perfectly OK with child mutilation.

Again, since you need it as simple as possible, most of you complaining haven't even played the game in years, infact I think the last community voting and polls showed that the largest playerbase of The Sims games was Millenial WOMEN, followed by the various LGBT+ groups, THEY are the ones still playing, THEY are the ones keeping this franchise going, so obviously EA is going to cater to the audience that actually PLAYS their game.
So, your argument is "Lol, I dun believe you play the game! YOU DON'T PLAY THE GAME YOU LIE!"? Fucking pathetic, mate.

. A few random forum posts and threads, that alreayd make up a fraction of a fraction of any playerbase
Even if it's one person that one person gets a feature they like and those who don't require it lose nothing in a game about role playing different kinds of lives. So its a win win. More content given, none taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom