• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sims 4 Inclusivity Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayK47

It had to happen eventually.

Free Sims 4 Update Adds Medical Wearables, Binders, And A Light Switch

From the article:
"Under the Body Scars category, players can also now add a Top Surgery Scar customization to male Sims aged Teen or older with either a masculine or feminine frame.

The update also comes with two new clothing options. The first is a binder which is available for Teen and older Sims under Tanks in the Tops category, and the second is a shapewear item that is sorted under Underwear in the Bottoms section."

I expect more of these types of updates as time goes. I haven't booted up Sims 4 in a while, so maybe other updates have already occurred.

Babylon Bee on top of it:

Game About Fake Lives To Allow Fake Genders

If I'm a fan of these games, buy every iteration of it and contribute to the concurrent playerbase everyday by playing it (which I'm not, but just for example), all I would need is my preference when creating my virtual character, to represent me, a straight male. I don't care what other other options are added to the game via updates, after all that is what game support really is - giving the fans/players what they want in a GaaS.

Good for them.

If you're worried / concern trolling about "woke agenda destroying games", in a game that has a target demographic of the players who want/request these options everyday via support, you have some serious issues you need to look into, and you're no different than the "sjw's" that you poke fun of.

Throw Up Game Of Thrones GIF

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
And why would they really want that?
If they want to be referred to as real women or men then why would they want it pointing out that they're not?
Bit like Dead Space Remake having a symbol for male/female and then a trans symbol as well on a open restroom?
What's the point? It's open to both anyway
How is that accepting when it's separating.
I know that's how I'd feel about it
Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

Last edited:

EDMIX

I always thought it was weird this wasn't already in the Sims.

Its literally about people....

Good on them.

killatopak killatopak to my understand, some stuff the community had to mod themselves before it was added in later by EA, but I don't know about every last thing though so...who knows.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Nice to have…adds something for those who wants it and removes nothing for those who don’t. Win Win.

I agree with this. I would only complain if this was the result of some threat of cancellation, if they kowtowed to the nutters.

If they add stuff like this without making it a political issue then I'm 100% in support of it. Inclusivity is genuinely great if someone isn't holding a gun to my head over it.

YCoCg

Really? Where’s the evidence that the fan base wants this garbage?
Rabble Rabble Rabble Outrage! Dude, have you actually LOOKED at the playerbase who still plays The Sims? Look at these websites:

https://mashable.com/article/sims-sexual-orientation-lgbt (this article confirms they've worked with the likes of GLAAD, etc)

Puscifer

It had to happen eventually.

Free Sims 4 Update Adds Medical Wearables, Binders, And A Light Switch

From the article:
"Under the Body Scars category, players can also now add a Top Surgery Scar customization to male Sims aged Teen or older with either a masculine or feminine frame.

I dunno, that struck me as weird. I'm just saying from the growling list of people getting into adulthood regretting decisions they made I feel like they shouldn't try to normalize that, adult models only.

Last edited:

Bridges

I wonder why they don't just let you medically transition your Sims?

I have to admit it is very fun to have a guy Sim that keeps getting pregnant so I don't really mind changes like this for this game (though in most other games I'd agree it's a bit eyeroll worthy)

93xfan

Banned
How does this effect you OP?
You sound like a douche.
Maybe he doesn’t like further normalizing of ”treatments” that lead to irreversible harm in children, such as permanent bone density loss, sterilization and in some cases making it so puberty doesn’t start up again.

Show some real, honest compassion, please, not that fake virtue signaling. Oh and studies show that those “treatments” do NOT lower the suicide rate.

Last edited:

killatopak

I always thought it was weird this wasn't already in the Sims.

Its literally about people....

Good on them.

killatopak killatopak to my understand, some stuff the community had to mod themselves before it was added in later by EA, but I don't know about every last thing though so...who knows.
While yes, there are a lot of stuff the community has modded in before being added officially, it is still requested because the console players always felt left out. There are a lot of people playing the game still on PS4s and Xbox Ones.

Last edited:

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Maybe he doesn’t like further normalizing ”treatments” that lead to irreversible harm in children, such as permanent bone density loss, sterilization and in some cases making it so puberty doesn’t start up again.

Show some real, honest compassion, please, not that fake virtue signaling. Oh and studies show that those “treatments” do NOT lower the suicide rate.
How many children get transition treatment? OP didn't say that was his problem, just that a game had acknowledged that trans people exist and given them options that no one is forced to use. But you knew that already. Talk about "virtue signalling."

Corndog

Banned
Rabble Rabble Rabble Outrage! Dude, have you actually LOOKED at the playerbase who still plays The Sims? Look at these websites:

[/URL]
[/URL]
https://mashable.com/article/sims-sexual-orientation-lgbt (this article confirms they've worked with the likes of GLAAD, etc)
[/URL]
[/URL]
There are all kinds of mods for many games. Look at Skyrim. Doesn’t mean they have large followings. It represents a tiny portion of the population.

93xfan

Banned
How many children get transition treatment? OP didn't say that was his problem, just that a game had acknowledged that trans people exist and given them options that no one is forced to use. But you knew that already. Talk about "virtue signalling."
There’s no reason to encourage society (much less children) in any of this. Children get really messed up by these “treatments” and the sane need to actively discourage this abomination of a religion that preys on the most vulnerable without informing them of the true cost. Many have said they never knew the negatives or were adequately told the potential downside (of which there are many).

I’ll never stop informing, no matter how much pushback I get.

YCoCg

There are all kinds of mods for many games. Look at Skyrim. Doesn’t mean they have large followings. It represents a tiny portion of the population.
So you just looked at one link and commented on that? I see you're a bad faith arguer, maybe complain about things you actually understand in future.

Rhazkul

I would normally agree with a sentiment like this, except that this is another way that society is coddling the mentally unstable. That's how "more choices" is, indeed, a bad thing.
This. It's just another way to normalize the insanity. No, it will NEVER be normal to act like a woman if you're born a man (or vice versa) and mutilate your body accordingly. It's a mental illness. No amount of propaganda and forced indoctrination will ever change that. No amount of censorship will ever change my mind.

Jennings

EA now encourages child abuse?!

I don’t care what adult people do with their own bodies, but allowing this on kids…

When will they introduce genital mutilation?

I mean it’s pretty common in many parts of the world. Also child abuse.

Disgusting behaviour by EA.
What are you talking about?

Last edited:

whyman

What are you talking about?

Under the Body Scars category, players can also now add a Top Surgery Scar customization to male Sims aged Teen or older with either a masculine or feminine frame.”

Teens are kids. 13 year olds are kids. You do not remove the breasts of a 13 year old because they think they might have been born into the wrong gender. (Cancer sure, but that is extremely rare at that age and it is not why they are doing this.) Wait a few years and people can do whatever they want to their bodies.

I’m sorry but this is the actual line for me. I’m out when it comes to EA, dragon age and mass effect will be tempting but nah.

nkarafo

Yeah, as much as i hate wokeism and their whole agenda, i can't be mad abut these inclusions in Sims. If there's one game that needs to reflect real life wackiness, this is it.

Last edited:

Jennings

Under the Body Scars category, players can also now add a Top Surgery Scar customization to male Sims aged Teen or older with either a masculine or feminine frame.”

Teens are kids. 13 year olds are kids. You do not remove the breasts of a 13 year old because they think they might have been born into the wrong gender. (Cancer sure, but that is extremely rare at that age and it is not why they are doing this.) Wait a few years and people can do whatever they want to their bodies.

I’m sorry but this is the actual line for me. I’m out when it comes to EA, dragon age and mass effect will be tempting but nah.
Oh, you were spouting off about child abuse and it didn't make any sense given the context of the game update, but it seems you just don't like elective medical procedures and people having control over their own bodies. Thanks for clearing the matter up and explaining your bias. Carry on.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
I miss the days when people were shocked and sickened by the idea of little girls having scars from double mastectomies.

It really wasn’t a long time ago. Some of you guys have lost your humanity.
Well, the world is not the west. I thank god live in a normal country where 90% of the west insanity is not present. Also I can walk at 3am at any area without the fear of getting robbed or shot.

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
An option!
The ruin!
The despair!
The downfall of civilization!
Woe is mine!
*continues to live life completely unaffected by any of this*

Of all the games to be upset about "woke" stuff, Sims is seriously the one where I am the most surprised stuff like that wasn't implemented already.

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
So you just looked at one link and commented on that? I see you're a bad faith arguer, maybe complain about things you actually understand in future.
I actually looked at none. They are pointless. You would need internal polling data to see what the majority want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom