• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should Phil Spencer be replaced at the head of Xbox?

Absolutely not. As bad the recent missteps have been, as a whole Phil has turned around Xbox as a brand and the perception way more than people realise.

You guys need to calm down. Executives aren't football managers, they're not gonna get fired for a shitty week.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Absolutely not. As bad the recent missteps have been, as a whole Phil has turned around Xbox as a brand and the perception way more than people realise.

You guys need to calm down. Executives aren't football managers, they're not gonna get fired for a shitty week.
I mean, if there was proper management, halo infinite would have been in a better state. Either he lacks vision and thinks what he saw was good, or he never checked up on them which is also disappointing when you hear stories of yoshida and his displeased reaction when he saw god of war 2018

Last edited:
Nothing is going to salvage Xbox after that disastrous showing back in 2013. The only thing that Phil should've done way back was to acquire more studios prior; whether he had the power to do this back then or not doesn't change the fact that this is the only missing variable out of this competition. Both SONY & Nintendo have their 1st Party on lockdown with SONY allowing their studios to do multiple IP's and it's paying off big time.

This may be the very last time XBoX can pick itself up and the swansong for Phil after all that effort in correcting PR. Be thankful that you got Xbox back to the top machine form since it's original iteration.

MATTEO_REHD

Neo Member
Hello , i would answer the question with this :

MASTER-CRAIG-Hero-is-here.png

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
Yes, bring back the people at Xbox who connected with gamers on a personal relatable level. Bring back Don Mattrick and Jeff Bell!

gypsygib

Will you ever forgive XBox?

I said "no", meaning I don't think he should be replaced. Not sure what there is to forgive. My issue was RROD and the focus on Kinect at the expense of core gamers. The guy responsible for that is already out, has been for a while as Spencer reversed course on a sinking ship that was Mattrick - sad how quickly people forget...

Anyways, I don't doubt Xbox hardware quality anymore and greatly appreciate Xbox's inclusiveness with respect to PC gamers. It was surprising to see 4/10 of the top selling global Steam games were Xbox Games Studio games a few weeks ago so I don't know what people are talking about when they say Xbox has no games as that was without Forza and Gears as well. In my mind and in my gaming universe (largely PC), Xbox and Phil Spencer have been a great friend and I wish him and the division continued success as they try to enable ALL gamers to be able to enjoy ALL games.

Edit: I should add that I'll never forgive RROD, my teenage self worked a lot of hours at $7 CAN minimum wage to buy a 360 and got lemon after lemon and had to bus it to Purolator to take it back costing me an hours wage each time and over an hour of life. They should have just given me a new redesigned console instead of the same model with the same issues... But again, that was under Mattrick

Last edited:
Top Bottom