• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sackboy A Big Adventure and Returnal for PC screenshots reportedly leaked.

SSfox

Oh, okay so you are going the pc and Switch route then
Not Switch, but next Nintendo console. I would love if Nintendo will release a powerful enough hardware like Game Cube days that can easily get all the 3rd party games, and it will also be a big win for their 1st party and exclusives (imagine Bayonetta 4 with RT;4K,60Fps). And honestly i feel like if they do so it will be my main console and even maybe my only console. Since Sony started releasing everything on PC like MS already does, even as a primaly playstation fan i don't see the point on buying the future Playstation consoles at this rate.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

What else are we expecting?

everyone GIF

Real exclusive means only on playstation.

Of course no Crossgen would be even better, but at least it have to PS (4, 5, or both) exclusive

Why, of all things, care about that? I’m sure you built up enough arguments throughout the years that it’s better to buy a $500 box than a PC surely. So why does it matter if it’s on PC?

Blade2.0

Don't sleep on sackboy. it's awesome. didn't beat it (since i rarely beat games) but what i did get through had me grinning.

Where is Dreams? You dumb Sony

Media Molecule is too small to quickly get Dreams running on PC.

Dreams came out in 2020 and Sony hadn't really adopted PC or live service as a philosophy.

I believe we'll see Dreams on PC and PS5 and PS VR2 in 2023. When you look at Sony's roadmap for live service games, it would kind of be a no-brainer to continue pushing this.

Sony said they have 20 1st and 3rd party launch titles for PS VR2

The only net new game we know about from Sony is Horizon. There are at least 13 games that are unannounced for launch.

You'd have to assume Gran Turismo 7 will be a launch title and maybe Dreams. We'll see what is announced in the first half of the year.

This year they invested 49% of their budget on live service games vs 51% on traditional games. FY19 it was 12% live service and 88% traditional.

For FY21 they mark 1 live service game, which they're calling MLB the Show 22
For FYY22 (ending at the end of March 23) they said they'll have 3 live service franchises

Believe that is Gran Turismo 7, MLB The Show, and maybe they're counting Destiny.

That's set to double in 2023. So we're going to see 3 more franchises and rise to a total of 10 by the end of the following fiscal year. Would just be stunned if Dreams isn't a part of that.

Guilty_AI

Wait, what? Aren't 't you always going on about how people complain needlessly about gamepass taking away your rights?
Because it is not. You can still buy the game normally if you don't like gamepass terms.

I can't buy an offline version of GT7.

Three

Because it is not. You can still buy the game normally if you don't like gamepass terms.

I can't buy an offline version of GT7.
but then that's not gamepass so why do you take the piss out of those who complain they just have borrowing rights on gamepass when they like ownership?

Guilty_AI

but then that's not gamepass so why do you take the piss out of those who complain they just have borrowing rights on gamepass when they like ownership?
Because they can still buy and own the game as they want to, they're complaining about a non-existent problem.

Sure people who subscribe to gamepass don't own anything, but thats their problem and their decision to make if they think its worth it. It doesn't affect you in any way, shape or form. Its as petty as complaining about PC ports of Playstation games.

Three

Because they can still buy and own the game as they want to, they're complaining about a non-existent problem.

Sure people who subscribe to gamepass don't own anything, but thats their problem and their decision to make if they think its worth it. It doesn't affect you in any way, shape or form. Its as petty as complaining about PC ports of Playstation games.
Those people aren't complaining about its very existence though. They complain why they don't like sub services like it much like you because it gives up ownership. Basically what you said "Not paying just to get borrowing rights with no guarantees". You yourself have subscribed to gamepass.

Just found it odd that you didn’t empathise with those people yet seem to hold the same values of ownership.

Guilty_AI

Those people aren't complaining about its very existence though. They complain why they don't like sub services like it much like you because it gives up ownership.
And they do so despite having the luxury of being able to fully ignore it without losing anything.
They get what they want while wanting to deprive others of the choice. Petty.

You yourself have subscribed to gamepass.
I have not. I know, not liking a service or platform, yet understanding why other people do must be a shocking concept to you.

Last edited:

Three

Not sure I've seen anyone trying to deprive anyone of anything but I'm sure they exist too. I've maybe seen fear of it eating into game sales and people not buying games anymore, sure.

I have not. I know, not liking a service or platform, yet understanding why other people do must be a shocking concept to you.
Fair enough about never subbing before but are you seriously suggesting you don't even like gamepass? Could have fooled me.

Some guy was complaining that they would never go fully digital because they give up ownership and are at the mercy of the distributor, and you were there bizarrely recommending gamepass as a solution. Said you mighy try Flight sim on gamepass some day too due to the game being expensive. Doesn't sound like somebody who dislikes the service to me at all.

Guilty_AI

Some guy was complaining that they would never go fully digital because they give up ownership and are at the mercy of the distributor, and you were there bizarrely recommending gamepass as a solution.
i'd need the full context of this since i have absolutely no memory of this conversation.

Said you mighy try Flight sim on gamepass some day too due to the game being expensive. Doesn't sound like somebody who dislikes the service to me at all.
Disliking =/= despising it. I don't like it because of the ever shifting library, but that doesn't mean i hate it. Paying a penny for the trial month in order to try out flight sim is a good deal, even though i probably wouldn't go further than that in using the service.

Last edited:

Three

i'd need the full context of this since i have absolutely no memory of this conversation.

Disliking =/= despising it. I don't like it because of the ever shifting library, but that doesn't mean i hate it. Paying a penny for the trial month in order to try out flight sim is a good deal, even though i probably wouldn't go further than that in using the service.

I remember it was some thread where somebody said they will never go fully digital because it limits what they can do and it was very bizarre for me that you recommended gamepass. I'll try and find it.

Edit: found it

Yes they have the all digital boxes coming, good thing it's s choice because for me going all digital is anti consumer especially when it is limiting my options of what I can do with my purchased games.

Here's a possibly controversial take: Gamepass solves the core issues behind each of OP's points.
The whole idea behind buying games and then resselling them is recouping part of the cost for a product you used but doesn't plan to use anymore. In short, you're forsaking ownership of your games for the sake of saving money, which happens to be the whole idea behind gamepass.

And expectedly he replied that it is a glorified rental service and he prefers to own his games. Somebody who doesn't even like digital due to ownership issues was obviously not going to prefer gamepass.

Last edited:
Because i like being in control of my games. Not paying just to get borrowing rights with no guarantees.

It's hilarious, people like you drive companies crazy.

They run telemetry and surveys spend millions of dollars doing so... come to the conclusion that people are already online 99% of the time, implement a feature they think no one will mind and some knob like you loses their shit because even though they're online 100% of the time, they like to get their panties in a bunch over nothing.

Guilty_AI

I remember it was some thread where somebody said they will never go fully digital because it limits what they can do and it was very bizarre for me that you recommended gamepass. I'll try and find it.

Edit: found it

And expectedly he replied that it is a glorified rental service and he prefers to own his games. Somebody who doesn't even like digital due to ownership issues was obviously not going to prefer gamepass.
His argument, as you can see from what i wrote, is that the issue with digital is you can't ressell stuff you already played to save up money, something you can do with physical. I merely suggested that if money is the issue, and you plan to get rid of your ownership eventually anyway, a rental service like gamepass might be a good deal. He was not arguing about wanting to own his games originally, just about wanting to sell them. Ownership talks came afterwards on his reply to me. He was just talking about getting rid of ownership to recoup money but now wanted the ownership? A bit weird but i couldn't really dismiss it entirely so i left the discussion at that.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

It's hilarious, people like you drive companies crazy.

They run telemetry and surveys spend millions of dollars doing so... come to the conclusion that people are already online 99% of the time, implement a feature they think no one will mind and some knob like you loses their shit because even though they're online 100% of the time, they like to get their panties in a bunch over nothing.
I'm not 'losing my shit'. I'm just not buying their product, a perfectly normal behaviour in a society that revolves around trade.

Guilty_AI

Not buying it is one thing, but going on to complain about something entirely innocuous is the equivalent here of losing your shit.
So stating "Im not buying X because of Y" is 'losing your shit'? Then I guess users going on rants about innocuous buying habits someone decided to express must be frothing from their mouths.

So stating "Im not buying X because of Y" is 'losing your shit'? Then I guess users going on rants about innocuous buying habits someone decided to express must be frothing from their mouths.

If you have a legitimate reason for not buying something, great I love to hear people's opinions and feelings on things, but you not buying a game because it requires to be online, when you know damn well you're always online anyways, is ridiculous and if I hear it, I'm going to call it out as ridiculous.

Guilty_AI

If you have a legitimate reason for not buying something, great I love to hear people's opinions and feelings on things, but you not buying a game because it requires to be online, when you know damn well you're always online anyways, is ridiculous and if I hear it, I'm going to call it out as ridiculous.
Not wanting your games to be always thetered to servers is a perfectly legitimate reason mate, and tons of people including the other guy T Three i'm talking to would agree.

The only reason you don't think so is because that hasn't incovenienced you.... yet

Top Bottom