• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sackboy A Big Adventure Launches on PC October 27

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It’s quiet fascinating. Sony has gone from releasing 1 game a year on PC to releasing more games on PC this year than Microsoft who has been talking about PC for years.
They were just in ramp up mode. PC was always in the cards. Shawn Layden even said in a Q&A that Sony was already doing meetings talking about PC back in 2016-2017.

They realized that releasing a couple PC ports does no harm to the PS user base (which is what most of us said the whole time, aside from ecosystem warriors who had the theory PC ports will kill PS sales), and that their next step for sales growth is other platforms. There's only so much to squeeze from sales and digital revenue from console users. And since gaming is Sony's biggest and most profitable division, it has to keep growing as much as possible. Without PS doing well, Sony's overall earnings reports will suffer. Thats why they are so big into GAAS, Bungie (more GAAS), mobile, and PC. All of these things they never cared about before as they hummed along with first party SP games and making money off third party sales cuts and mtx.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Tempted to Buy but Spiderman was buggy as fuck on my 3070ti (No RT without crashes, weird stutter, HDR issue when hooked up to OLED) :( and does not run like it should.

Hoping for some honest reviews that don't focus on what it runs like on a 3090ti....
Im guessing youve got a potato CPU and/or a really slow HDD and/or RAM?

The port is solid and people on this very forum have 3700X + 3070 non ti running the game just fine.
So im pretty sure its something on your system thats fucking it up.

Black_Stride

huh? Spanish is a language, Spaniard is someone from Spain.

In South America they speak Spanish (mostly, with a dash of Portuguese)
Why would you call the Latin American Playstation Team; The Spanish team..........they arent Spanish.
Some of them might speak Spanish, but saying the "Spanish team" implies that they are from Spain.

Just like you wouldnt call the Playstation-NA guys, the English team because most of them speak English?
Spanish team gonna be in trouble lol
?

mrmeh

Im guessing youve got a potato CPU and/or a really slow HDD and/or RAM?

The port is solid and people on this very forum have 3700X + 3070 non ti running the game just fine.
So im pretty sure its something on your system thats fucking it up.

Nope Ryzen 5 5600X, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2TB nvme SSD.

Could be an issue with my setup but other games perform inline with expectations. It is a known issue that it crashes with some cards when you turn on RT. Like I said, bad port. 'Fine' is also pretty vague, does that mean 1080p 60fps no RT?

I would not be pretty sure about anything unless I've tried it myself, even if some people on a forum on the internet said so.

tmlDan

Why would you call the Latin American Playstation Team; The Spanish team..........they arent Spanish.
Some of them might speak Spanish, but saying the "Spanish team" implies that they are from Spain.

Just like you wouldnt call the Playstation-NA guys, the English team because most of them speak English?

?
I guess that's true, South American/Latin American team would have been the proper wording

Black_Stride

Nope Ryzen 5 5600X, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2TB nvme SSD.

Could be an issue with my setup but other games perform inline with expectations. It is a known issue that it crashes with some cards when you turn on RT. Like I said, bad port. 'Fine' is also pretty vague, does that mean 1080p 60fps no RT?

I would not be pretty sure about anything unless I've tried it myself, even if some people on a forum on the internet said so.
An outlier does not the norm make.
Your setup is fucked cuz theres enough benchmarks of it running on similar or weaker CPUs than yours with similar GPUs.
If the game couldnt run on a 5600X and a 3070Ti you really think it would have even been released?
Not a chance.
10s of thousands of people have gone through the game, you and your setup are just the outlier.

P.S Max settings with RT will max out your VRAM in two second, 8GB with this game is borderline at best.

Easily the worst of Sony's first party titles. Not horrible or anything but super mediocre and forgettable - couldn't bring myself to finish it. Not even fun in couch co-op

Midn1ght

Been working on these today so I thought I'd share the result.

R246h1o.png

If you'd showed me this years ago and told me these will be on Steam one day, I probably wouldn't have believed it.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Been working on these today so I thought I'd share the result.

R246h1o.png

If you'd showed me this years ago and told me these will be on Steam one day, I probably wouldn't have believed it.
Nobody would.

Even when Sony announced PC games, there's no way anyone expected 2022 to have 6 games (confirmed so far). Even earlier in the year, I thought they'd space them out maybe 1 per quarter tops. But it seems they are cramming them in back half of this year.

They got more to go in 2023.... GT, Dreams, DS, R&C, Ghost, Baseball.

As soon as those come out in 2023, all their new IPs will come out fast for PC. You arent going to get a slew of Sony PC ports, and then a giant empty gap of nothing happening for 4 years.

Sony has a ton of GAAS being made right now. Wouldnt be surprised if all these are day one on PC. These kinds of games require as many people playing it at once to build the community fast or else it'll die off fast. PC release date will be right there with PS.

Last edited:
Sony has a ton of GAAS being made right now. Wouldnt be surprised if all these are day one on PC. These kinds of games require as many people playing it at once to build the community fast or else it'll die off fast. PC release date will be right there with PS.

Agreed. All GaaS title simply MUST be day one PC for maximum success.

Last edited:
Top Bottom