• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sackboy: A Big Adventure | PC Version Thread

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Pretty looking but seems like RT is punishment on performance. I'll have to see if I buy this later. Can't rationalize paying full price after already buying PS5 version though.

Midn1ght

Sony's been weird with this from the start. Almost never goes on sale (unless I missed it) and really should be on their PS+ thing by now. Price on PC is ridiculous, as others have said.
Both God of War and Spiderman are on sale (20%) this week.

You can also get them cheaper elsewhere.
Just quickly looking at cdkeys.com you can get Days Gone for €10.89 and Horizon for €15.59.

Midn1ght

Thanks! I was talking specifically about Sackboy’s pricing being out of whack though (IMO).
Agree, the price for Sackboy is too high.

Don't know if they learned their lessons but Miles Morales is €49.99 while Spiderman Remastered is €59.99.
Colin Farrell Idk GIF

winjer

Gold Member
So the game released yesterday, and up until now it got a peak concurrent player count of 592.
It might improve during the weekend, but quite frequently most games released on Steam have their peak concurrent player count on day one.
And even if it improves, it probably won't be that much more.
And people thought that 10k players for Uncharted 4 was a small number...

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Trying out 120 fps limit (still 4K, max settings, balanced DLSS) - it runs mostly rock solid 120 fps with few, brief dips. Nice.

sainraja

God of War costumes added on Nov 9th. Uncharted ones are already available (Nate + Chloe). Costumes are going to be FREE, all the previous ones they have added have been free.

rgfKg8M.jpg

Midn1ght

Bumping this thread because the game is 30,14€ (apply code BF22) on Voidu (Official key store) or 28,89€ on cdkeys.

VOIDU
CDKEYS

And if you didn't know, the stutter issues have been completely fixed a couple weeks after launch, I got maybe a couple during the very first cut-scene and then absolutely none, runs fantastic and smooth on my computer (3060 Ti). It's a really fun, beautiful and colorful platformer with an amazing soundtrack, go for it GAF!

yurinka

Still can't believe Sackboy got a PC port over soo many other titles they could've chose from. Hell I'd even think PC Gamers would've liked Knack more!
I assume these first ports are partly tests for Sony to see what IPs work better on PC, which demographics niches work better for them, in which parts of the year is better to release, how the different distances between original release and PC port release affect to their PC and PS releases, to test some princing ranges, etc.

They saw that the other games got great sales, specially (as expected) GoW or Spider-Man. So maybe they dropped this to see if any game would sell just for being from them.

But in any case, it's too early. It's a full priced port of an old game released in the busiest part of the year. Obviously it wasn't going to sell. It will sell on the long term, once it gets discounts and price cuts.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I assume these first ports are partly tests for Sony to see what IPs work better on PC, which demographics niches work better for them, in which parts of the year is better to release, how the different distances between original release and PC port release affect to their PC and PS releases, to test some princing ranges, etc.

They saw that the other games got great sales, specially (as expected) GoW or Spider-Man. So maybe they dropped this to see if any game would sell just for being from them.

But in any case, it's too early. It's a full priced port of an old game released in the busiest part of the year. Obviously it wasn't going to sell. It will sell on the long term, once it gets discounts and price cuts.

my guess is it was just an easy game to port. sumo has a ton of experience with PC ports.

yurinka

my guess is it was just an easy game to port. sumo has a ton of experience with PC ports.
Yes, it's an Unreal Engine game that shouldn't push the hardware a lot and most Sumo games are multiplatform, so the port must have been very easy and fast. It isn't a case of a game made in a custom PS only game engine with a lot of stuff coded to the metal, superoptimized for the specific hardware that pushes the hardware to the limit as happens with Sony's internal big AAA titles.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
It's a nice game that we play with my daughter. I didn't experience any technical difficulties, it runs smoothly. They also managed to localize it very well (except for the price). I recommend it to those who like 3d platformers(it's kinda isometric though). It's definitely better than story modes of any Little Big Planet games. I wish there were user-generated content as well.

Top Bottom