• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor/Leaks] Crimson Arbitrium - Agni's Anthology [Luminous Productions new IP] and Final Fantasy XVI will both be announced at the Summer Game Fest

Degree

Banned
Because very often some of these rumors end up to be true, even partially, in the end.

And also because we are talking about really very interesting games in the end.
And having hope or faith costs nothing.

When they are announced, however, I will always be very surprised and excited in any case.
I agree. Especially this one, that was posted recently sounds reasonable:

- CPU and GPU Clocks aren't super stable. Expect Third Party games to be over 30+% better on Xbox ( Please, do not expect PS5 to beat Xbox performance, not gonna happen like some crazy people are saying out there ).

- No VRS Tier 2 or Mesh Shaders.

- Expect Raytracing Performance to be over 40+% better on Xbox.

- PS5 Design is ugly and the box is huge. :'(

guess we will find out soon.

royox

Hope this time they release a complete game and not a game in beta state with half of the game lacking like FFXV.

A real open world experience would be also nice. It's incredible how a Wii game like Xenoblade managed to deliver that and XV with all the PS4Xbone technology delivered an empty wasteland with the same gas station copy pasted all over the map and one and a half city.

Kumomeme

gaas model surely get people worried, but if yoshi-p is the one directing it, we can put faith in that guy..he not the type to suck player money dry..xiv is good example where he didnt force player to spend extra money or even mandate player to continously subs for months..he respect player time

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
well yoshi-p dismissed the rumors of he directing XVI

so the question if who gonna helmed that project? there still higher chances that his division handled XVI...i welcomed new blood...Heavensward lead is good candidate..im not suprise if yoshida act as producer
His division working on 16 always seemed like a high possibility, but I never expected him to be the director, considering how busy he is with 14.

Maybe it'll be an Ito + Matsuno collaboration, plus some younger, new face co-directing.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

His division working on 16 always seemed like a high possibility, but I never expected him to be the director, considering how busy he is with 14.

Maybe it'll be an Ito + Matsuno collaboration, plus some younger, new face co-directing.
well now safely can say that both toriyama and nomura wont touch this project...

these Heavensward key lead that used to work with The Last Remnant also, if i not mistaken also used to work with Matsuno where it influenced their work in the 3.0 expansion

Last edited:

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
well now safely can say that both toriyama and nomura wont touch this project...

these Heavensward key lead that used to work with The Last Remnant also, if i not mistaken also used to work with Matsuno where it influence their work in Heavensward
And with Matsuno getting more and more involved in FF14, it wouldn't surprise me if they hired him for the other game as well, considering they are huge fans of his work. I could see Matsuno as the scenario director at the very least.

YukiOnna

well yoshi-p dismissed the rumors of he directing XVI

so the question if who gonna helmed that project? there still higher chances that his division handled XVI...i welcomed new blood...Heavensward lead is good candidate..im not suprise if yoshida act as producer
Don't know why people keep thinking Yoshi-P would Direct it. It's been said his staff of his division were handling it since a lot of HW staff among others moved off when Stormblood onwards started.

Kumomeme

Don't know why people keep thinking Yoshi-P would Direct it. It's been said his staff of his division were handling it since a lot of HW staff among others moved off when Stormblood onwards started.
i think before most of people speculated that he would be the producer...but since these 4chan leak people getting carried away...personally i also hope he had the chances as he one of those in square who saw the company problem in these past decade..but i believe his turn will come later..currently itseems his position seems more favourable than guy like nomura or toriyama in the company

YukiOnna

i think before most of people speculated that he would be the producer...but since these 4chan leak people getting carried away...personally i also hope he had the chances as he one of those in square who saw the company problem in these past decade..but i believe his turn will come later..currently itseems his position seems more favourable than guy like nomura or toriyama in the company
He'd at least be Producer for the new title they're working on at least since he was the one to formally announce its status, which still has some direction. I think if it's indeed FFXVI, it will follow the vague ideas he mentioned what he wanted the next FF to be like since it was during the development of said title.

Kumomeme

He'd at least be Producer for the new title they're working on at least since he was the one to formally announce its status, which still has some direction. I think if it's indeed FFXVI, it will follow the vague ideas he mentioned what he wanted the next FF to be like since it was during the development of said title.
even currently, i cant think of anyone else who could hold that position...especially considering that is his own division.

eitherway, i still hope Masayoshi Soken involved with XVI..that man deserved more spotlight

Last edited:
Top Bottom