• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor/Leaks] Crimson Arbitrium - Agni's Anthology [Luminous Productions new IP] and Final Fantasy XVI will both be announced at the Summer Game Fest

D.Final

Banned
Agni sounds intriguing.

XVI not so much. Not my cup of tea. That's ok though. I'll reserve final judgement until we get the official word.

Fun to be looking forward to an event. Feels like it's been a while.

Hype

I think that Crimson Arbitrium - Agni's Anthology is really a cool neme for a new and original IP.
And the fact that takes inspiration even from Parasite Eve gives me even more Hype

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
Because very often some of these rumors end up to be true, even partially, in the end.
lol that's not true at all. There are far more fabricated rumors that get posted on /v/ for laughs than there are legit leaks, it's like 2/10.

leo-j

Would love an epic trailer like the likes of FF XIII/VERSUS XIII for FF 16 on ps5.
I just wish they would announce FF VII part 2 and release it in the next 2 years. But I’m almost 100 that’s going to be on UE 5.

D.Final

Banned
lol that's not true at all. There are far more fabricated rumors that get posted on /v/ for laughs than there are legit leaks, it's like 2/10.

And also because we are talking about really very interesting games in the end.
Final Fantasy XVI
And new IP, Crimson Arbitrium
And having hope or faith costs nothing.

When they are announced, however, I will always be very surprised and excited in any case.

Lethal01

Because very often some of these rumors end up to be true, even partially, in the end.

And also because we are talking about really very interesting games in the end.
And having hope or faith costs nothing.

When they are announced, however, I will always be very surprised and excited in any case.

Sharing rumor with literally nothing to back them up is going to far. Better to just make a thread about theories than to include such totally random posts.

Entroyp

Excited for the next Final Fantasy game announce if this is real, but I dont want Square to make another shitty Final Fantasy game. Why is everything that's made these days a load of hot garbage? Does anyone know how to make good games like they were in the 1990s and 2000s?

People get so caught up in the technology I feel like. Just because you can utilize the hardware to do crazy graphics and open world games now, doesnt mean you should.

- Give me a turn based JRPG FF game like FF7, FF8, FF9, or FF10 and dont go crazy on the graphics
- Give it a GOOD storyline and characters, dont let Nomura have input on the plot but have him doing character design
- Reduce dev time to 1-2 years

The fact that people make better games in less time two generations ago is astonishing. Yeah yeah, technology was simpler, yeah, IMO something else is afoot here. Also, this is what plots are normally:

iqwyt.gif

This is what a plot is like after Nomura gets involved:

c05.png

I Just finished DQXI after giving up on FFVIIR. 90 hours went by so fast and after that I wanted wanted to spend more time with those characters, so fun and so enjoyable.

I was constantly forcing myself to finish FFVIIR and gave up.ñ at the end, It was just not for me.

Last edited:
gaming as a service? could that eventually mean STADIA!? I'm hyped! i also love using adblocker to block that toad hype .gif.

either way, square needs to get their asses out of their heads. excluding ff14, which i don't personally count as mainline ff, we haven't had any new fresh FF main series content since the novalis crystalis announcement in over a decade. ff7 was good, but if they can't create any new ff games, then just put the series to an end.

Vawn

Banned
I'm nervous to see FFXVI. I've been a huge Final Fantasy fan since the first one, and especially after I was obsessed with FFII(IV) on the SNES.

I didn't even mind FFXIII as much as others. But, FFXV..... Ugh. Please don't ever do that again Square. Take the series back to its roots again, like you did with FFIX. I can't take another open-world fetch quest with a metrosexual boys-only club on a road trip and combat that doesn't feel like FF at all.

I want my Final Fantasy back. Look at 1 through 9 (ignoring 2 and 8) for inspiration.

D.Final

Banned
All final fantasy fans care about are remakes.

I'm really looking forward for Final Fantasy XVI.
I love the Final Fantasy series, and I really loved Final Fantasy XV, so I can't wait to see the next one.

This rumor gives me PURE HYPE

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
Would love an epic trailer like the likes of FF XIII/VERSUS XIII for FF 16 on ps5.
I just wish they would announce FF VII part 2 and release it in the next 2 years. But I’m almost 100 that’s going to be on UE 5.

Surely an awesome and epic announcement trailer for Final Fantasy XVI it will be surely glorious :messenger_smiling_hearts:

If they made huge expansion, with great quality (like the great FFXV DLC's, that I liked) for me it's a good news :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:
I don’t mind game as a service when it’s a MMO. But for a single player game? That just reeks of greed from execs who are anything but players.

Off-topic but how much does the Royal Edition of FFXV add to the base game in terms of story? Does it flesh out key plot moments like the invasion? Does it clarify the lore a bit more?

Vawn

Banned
It said they are looking @ 4 heroes of light for inspiration, which in turn look at ff1.

I can only hope. Bravely Default seems to be the spiritual successor to 4 Heroes of Light. I can't imagine a numbered Final Fantasy game getting back to that, but I'd be super excited.

Dynasty8

I call bull. But even if it's true, it's hard for me to get excited with the insane years it takes for Square to release their incomplete titles.

D.Final

Banned
I don’t mind game as a service when it’s a MMO. But for a single player game? That just reeks of greed from execs who are anything but players.

Off-topic but how much does the Royal Edition of FFXV add to the base game in terms of story? Does it flesh out key plot moments like the invasion? Does it clarify the lore a bit more?

The Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition adds several extra hours of story, especially regarding the characters of Ignis, Prompto, Gladio, and the Companions + new scenes and Boss expansion added to the final dungeon, in the plot, such as the Cerberus and the King's of Yore (3 Boss).
And Omega as a secondary.
And extra DLC (external to the Royal Edition) dedicated to Ardyn, Episode Ardyn, which is just as interesting.
(for the invasion of Insomnia only Kingsglaive remains with the battle of the Weapon, however)

But considering that, according to the rumor, it seems that the team is still considering a possible approach to a support like Game as a Service, I think Yoshida will think well to make things better, according to what he wants to tell and how, I suppose.
And considering the work he has done on FFXIV, I think he has his own scheme for each of his projects.
And for this I can easily trust him.

Final Fantasy XVI Hype

Last edited:
The Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition adds several extra hours of story, especially regarding the characters of Ignis, Prompto, Gladio, and the Companions + new scenes and Boss expansion added to the final dungeon, in the plot, such as the Cerberus and the King's of Yore (3 Boss).
And Omega as a secondary.
And extra DLC (external to the Royal Edition) dedicated to Ardyn, Episode Ardyn, which is just as interesting.
(for the invasion of Insomnia only Kingsglaive remains with the battle of the Weapon, however)

But considering that, according to the rumor, it seems that the team is still considering a possible approach to a support like Game as a Service, I think Yoshida will think well to make things better, according to what he wants to tell and how, I suppose.
And considering the work he has done on FFXIV, I think he has his own scheme for each of his projects.
And for this I can easily trust him.

Final Fantasy XVI Hype
Sound cool. I might pick up the Royal Edition somwhere down the line. I like the world and the premise a lot. Still wish XIII was ported to the PS4.

Yoshida is the best man to be in charge of an FF project at the moment. I hope the GaaS bit doesn't turn out to be true.

II_JumPeR_I

It seems weird they’d go to all the trouble to commit to putting all the old games on XO, and even game pass, just to immediately leave the platform. I feel like square needs to push for PC at launch for every title too.
They are already doing that BS with the FF7 Remake... it wouldnt surprise me anymore from Square Enix

LordKasual

Banned
"The main director of the product is Naoki Yoshida"

nigga WHAT

never in my life have i wanted rumors to be true as much as right now

I'm equally excited for the new Luminous project as i'm genuinely curious what their new engine is going to produce on PS5.

Last edited:

Fbh

Well hopefully this isn't true.

After how long it took some devs last gen to realize that the reason people like japanese games was because they feel like japanese games, going with "open world GAAS!!!" would be a massive step back.

Hopefully if Avengers undersperforms they will reconsider.

D.Final

Banned
nigga WHAT

never in my life have i wanted rumors to be true as much as right now

I'm equally excited for the new Luminous project as i'm genuinely curious what their new engine is going to produce on PS5.

Yeah
I can't wait to see Final Fantasy XVI and the new IP Crimson Arbitrium - Agni's Anthology.

I'm really excited to find out more about these games
Super Mega Iper Hype :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I just hope we don't have to wait an extra year or more on the PC version this time around.
But yeah I'm hyped.

Barakov

FFXVI has me excited but the GAAS approach to games has done more harm than good. I'm taking a wait and see approach on that one.

I'm more interested in Agni's Anthology. I'm glad to see Square is doing something with that one.

D.Final

Banned
FFXVI has me excited but the GAAS approach to games has done more harm than good. I'm taking a wait and see approach on that one.

I'm more interested in Agni's Anthology. I'm glad to see Square is doing something with that one.

Agni's Anthology it seems really freaking awesome from the description :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
4Chan, so you have a 10% chance of it being right and 90% chance of it being bullshit. This smells like bullshit to me. Square would be out of their minds to announce games this far ahead of their release date after FF7R and KH3. Coupled with the Covid delays to FF14 and its new expansion (which we may see delayed by 4-6 months at this point), the idea that these leaks are true is just silly. I have no doubt that they are working on numerous unannounced titles, including the next major entry to Final Fantasy - but I doubt this is it.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
4Chan, so you have a 10% chance of it being right and 90% chance of it being bullshit. This smells like bullshit to me. Square would be out of their minds to announce games this far ahead of their release date after FF7R and KH3. Coupled with the Covid delays to FF14 and its new expansion (which we may see delayed by 4-6 months at this point), the idea that these leaks are true is just silly. I have no doubt that they are working on numerous unannounced titles, including the next major entry to Final Fantasy - but I doubt this is it.

Isnt that 4chan was right about PS4 being 1,8 teraflops and bloodborne leak?

D.Final

Banned
Sounds awesome but i hope they focus on FF7 remake first before jumpin on other project

Fortunately Square Enix has multiple teams for the internal development of videogames.
(if I remember correctly, there are at least 5/6 different teams + all the others like Eidos and Crystal Dinamics)

So they can developing Final Fantasy XVI and other multiple games like FFVII Remake part 2, and Kingdom Hearts, and Dragon Quest, ecc...

Yes, if I remember correctly.
There's some 4chan rumors that are pretty accurate. Others only partially.

In any case I'm really hyped for the imminent official reveal for Final Fantasy XVI, and for the new Luminous IP.
Crimson Arbitrium - Agni's Anthology :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
I just hope we don't have to wait an extra year or more on the PC version this time around.
But yeah I'm hyped.

It will be glorious see for the first time the announcement trailer for FFXVI
This summer :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
Im 33.

This shit gone drop when my unborn child turns 33 one day.

A little exaggerated :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I'm sure that these two games, FFXVI and Crimson Arbitrium - Agni's Anthology, they will be probably some of the first only nexgen games for Square Enix.
(and also FFVII Remake Part 2 too)

Last edited:
Actually, according with this rumor, the gameplay of Final Fantasy XVI is inspired by the Dark Souls and by the Final Fantasy XV gameplay.
And it's a great news for me :messenger_smiling_hearts:

HELL YEA. Imagining that combat with Final Fantasy aesthetics is the best thing I've ever imagined. I hope it has the feel of FF IX with sword and board with magic.

D.Final

Banned
HELL YEA. Imagining that combat with Final Fantasy aesthetics is the best thing I've ever imagined. I hope it has the feel of FF IX with sword and board with magic.

Yeah.
And I can't wait to see more of this two new games this summer :messenger_smiling_hearts:

It will be definitely awesome

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
I also find really interesting the return of the Job system but in a different key.
It will be interesting to see what they mean about this

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Throw enough things at a wall and eventually something will stick. That is how folks like Pachter get a job (and he even stated this at one point).

Top Bottom