• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor/Leaks] Crimson Arbitrium - Agni's Anthology [Luminous Productions new IP] and Final Fantasy XVI will both be announced at the Summer Game Fest

A little exaggerated :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I'm sure that these two games, FFXVI and Crimson Arbitrium - Agni's Anthology, they will be probably some of the first only nexgen games for Square Enix.
(and also FFVII Remake Part 2 too)

lol if it did take that long ima get out the wheelchair and snatch their controller lmao

D.Final

Banned
I'm cool with that.

I assume Agni's Anthology is based on that Agni demo?
Seemed like something cool.

Yeah.
And the information given by this rumor about this new Luminous Engine IP, is pretty awesome :messenger_smiling_hearts:

And it is interesting noticing that Agni's Anthology will also take as inspiration Parasite Eve

Hype

D.Final

Banned
I'm looking forward to FFXVI.
I'll be a pensioner when it comes out so atleast I'll have time to play it.

I am very curious to see Final Fantasy XVI for the first time.

And the idea that maybe we could already see an FFXVI announcement trailer next week, excites me a lot :messenger_smiling_hearts:

D.Final

Banned
And I'm out.

The name of the new IP is
Crimson Arbitrium - Agni's Anthology
(according to this rumor)

eE8Sdwu.gif

And I don't see the problem with the point of the action jrpg gameplay of the new games, honestly.
I like action jrpg :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
lol if it did take that long ima get out the wheelchair and snatch their controller lmao

Luckily it won't take long before we can finally see the new game from the main Final Fantasy series.

With an announcement of Final Fantasy XVI, together with the new IP Crimson Arbitrium, during this summer, (always according to this rumor) and a launch of Final Fantasy XVI for the fiscal year 2021/22, it will be a matter of little time before we can play it

Bolivar687

Banned
The name of the new IP is
Crimson Arbitrium - Agni's Anthology
(according to this rumor)

eE8Sdwu.gif

And I don't see the problem with the point of the action jrpg gameplay of the new games, honestly.
I like action jrpg :messenger_smiling_hearts:

I envy you.

For me, it means another 15 years without a real Final Fantasy again.

I hate times exclusivity but with being a grown up with a job and a family Im never in any rush. I just got to red dead 2 and that came out last year. I still have doom control etc to play.

Arachnid

If it's not turn based, sadly I'm not interested. I really don't enjoy the hack and slash gameplay in 15. It caused me straight up skip the 7 remake.

Hopefully that new IP is turn based, at least (assuming the rumors are true).

D.Final

Banned
I hate times exclusivity but with being a grown up with a job and a family Im never in any rush. I just got to red dead 2 and that came out last year. I still have doom control etc to play.

Timed exclusive usually lasts about 1 year.
(as with FFVII Remake)

And I don't rule out that Square Enix can use a similar approach with FFXVI too

I think Agni's Philosophy was always meant to be nothing more than a tech demo and we will not see her character in a new IP, despite giving it a new unusual name like Crimson Arbitrium.

Also, I'm curious why a long-running franchise like Final Fantasy would play anything like Dark Souls in a newer entry, or even Final Fantasy XV? It seems like a surprisingly unimaginative direction for the series.

Sign

FFXV had post launch support for quite a while so I could see the Gaas being something akin to that. Which makes sense, YoshiP gets to do his live letters and use his organisational skills. They will probably do a multiplayer expansion as well.

Agni having a focus on magic seems like a good extension of the Luminous engine since they were already playing around with that in XV.

D.Final

Banned
FFXV had post launch support for quite a while so I could see the Gaas being something akin to that. Which makes sense, YoshiP gets to do his live letters and use his organisational skills. They will probably do a multiplayer expansion as well.

Agni having a focus on magic seems like a good extension of the Luminous engine since they were already playing around with that in XV.

I fully agree.

And I can't wait to see the first announcement trailer for FFXVI :messenger_smiling_hearts:
(probably already next week, for the PS5 event)

Myths

It would be amazing for the setting to be steampunk or even classic medieval with a slight twist, but this sounds like a wish anyone could’ve written up. They would’ve been crazy to have discarded Agni’s Philosophy (even if it were nothing more than a tech demo which is par the course for one). A return of jobs isn’t all that surprising with a gimmick added as usual.

We know full well how SE moves, scrape up those crumbs for a quick meal. Those assets created nearly a decade ago can probably be better put to use with modern tech standards and capabilities having long advanced since.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
It would be amazing for the setting to be steampunk or even classic medieval with a slight twist, but this sounds like a wish anyone could’ve written up. They would’ve been crazy to have discarded Agni’s Philosophy (even if it were nothing more than a tech demo which is par the course for one). A return of jobs isn’t all that surprising with a gimmick added as usual.

We know full well how SE moves, scrape up those crumbs for a quick meal. Those assets created nearly a decade ago can probably be better put to use with modern tech standards and capabilities having long advanced since.

Agni's Anthology looks very interesting indeed.
The fucus on magic and how it can be modified at will by the protagonist in the barrier or bullets, even with the environmental interactions given by the Luminous Engine, it will be really very cool.
And, moreover, and just as interesting as one of the sources of inspiration for this new IP is also Parasite Eve.

It will be cool to find out more about these projects soon this summer :messenger_smiling_hearts:
And a Final Fantasy XVI announcement trailer next week :messenger_smiling_hearts:

YukiOnna

It's about the right time for whatever Yoshi-P's division has been cooking. It's been in full production for over a year now and I'm assuming it's FFXVI.

D.Final

Banned
It's about the right time for whatever Yoshi-P's division has been cooking. It's been in full production for over a year now and I'm assuming it's FFXVI.

I agree.
Final Fantasy XVI Hype :messenger_smiling_hearts:

The announcement of a new Final Fantasy main has almost always been marked by the start of a new generation of consoles.
(the same happened with the epic Final Fantasy XV announcement trailer [and FFXV is a game that I easily consider one of my favorite, and best, games of this generation of consoles])

So, I'm super curious to see the next Final Fantasy XVI game :messenger_smiling_hearts:
And I'm super curious to see how Yoshida will plan to manage this new Final Fantasy nexgen.

D.Final

Banned
I think Agni's Philosophy was always meant to be nothing more than a tech demo and we will not see her character in a new IP, despite giving it a new unusual name like Crimson Arbitrium.

Also, I'm curious why a long-running franchise like Final Fantasy would play anything like Dark Souls in a newer entry, or even Final Fantasy XV? It seems like a surprisingly unimaginative direction for the series.

I think that the new IP of Luminous Studios, Crimson Arbitrium - Agni's Anthology was born from Agni's Philosophy for a specific reason.
Among which the protagonist and the setting, which already at the time of the first tech demo Square Enix had carried out a survey to find out if the protagonist of the demo was liked by the public, in the end.

In addition, they have also created Artworks that recall a lot to that project that was born from Agni's Philosophy and that ended up becoming Crimson Arbitrium - Agni's Anthology.
(also recalling the tech demo of Final Fantasy VII Remake for PS3, which was used to show the potential of PS3, and then the project ended up becoming true, with Final Fantasy VII Remake for PS4)

So, I think this rumor about Final Fantasy XVI and the new IP Crimson Arbitrium is probably true.

D.Final

Banned
battle system inspired by Dark Souls and Final Fantasy XV? Those are two very different battle systems, very interesting.

I agree.

This thing is very interesting, because I imagine a system that integrates every feature of the character's equipment, made of sets of 5 including armor, gloves, helmets, etc..., combined with a fast and dynamic combat system such as that of Final Fantasy XV, and with the return of the Job system.
It could potentially become something stratospheric at a technical and strategic level.
(a step forward also compared to Ni-oh, potentially)

Hype :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Myths

But FF is usually known to be different every time, if not a little inspired by other games. COD was the last I heard that had a major impact, particularly for FF13.

Azurro

Banned
I mean, more Final Fantasy is always a good thing, but why mention both FFXV and Dark Souls? Those are very, very different things, Dark Souls combat is way more deliberate and unforgiving compared to XV's, you might even call it slow in comparison.

D.Final

Banned
But FF is usually known to be different every time, if not a little inspired by other games. COD was the last I heard that had a major impact, particularly for FF13.

In fact, being inspired does not mean making identical.
(we were just chatting and speculating now)

In any case, I also remember the case of FFXIII which was inspired by the COD games for the realization.
And in that case I think it was a bad idea to be inspired by a game that is totally different from its genre.

Because, as I think, if a developer has to create an action jrpg, he must at least be inspired by the games that contain that characteristic of his genre. And that is the RPG element, at a minimum.

Then it is sufficient, to being inspired by Action JRPG, Action RPG, JRPG, RPG, tactical RPG, strategic RPG, etc ..., if you wish to create an RPG in the first place, regardless your personal preference about your gaming inspiration choice, because that is at the discretion of the creator of that future project to which that creator will then want to be inspired.
(and who liked the game he was inspired to create his project, eventually)
[while if it was inspired by different genres, such as racing games for example, for create a game of a different genre, such as an RPG, it will not be advisable (although not impossible, obviously because it is still at the discretion and creative choice of the artist)]

D.Final

Banned
I mean, more Final Fantasy is always a good thing, but why mention both FFXV and Dark Souls? Those are very, very different things, Dark Souls combat is way more deliberate and unforgiving compared to XV's, you might even call it slow in comparison.

In fact the contrasts are many, as you also note above all on the dynamism of the battles.
(where FFXV is fast and extremely dynamic, Dark Souls is extremely slower technical, and undoubtedly more punitive)

But perhaps inspiration is taken as a yardstick in part of its gameplay, like its equipment.
Or for the stamina system.

For example, if in Final Fantasy XVI, instead of the ATB, there was the stamina of the Dark Souls?
Where your every action is dictated by having enough stamina to do it.
(whether it's a parade, a technique, a dodge, etc ...)
And combine it with the possibility of changing weapons extremely quickly, as in FFXV, and in addition changing the Job itself of the protagonist very quickly in battle, and making areal combos or combinate techniques with your party.

I find it a very interesting approach :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Geki-D

Banned
Don't you guys find it odd that rumours rarely even mention new IPs and even in this case the apparently new IP isn't actually new at all because it was the name of a tech demo?

I'd also like to point out that nearly every Sony console reveal event has featured a FF game or tech demo in some form. This "leaker" really isn't going out on a limb here.

D.Final

Banned
Don't you guys find it odd that rumours rarely even mention new IPs and even in this case the apparently new IP isn't actually new at all because it was the name of a tech demo?

I'd also like to point out that nearly every Sony console reveal event has featured a FF game or tech demo in some form. This "leaker" really isn't going out on a limb here.

I can't wait to see Final Fantasy XVI and Crimson Arbitrium - Agni's Anthology :messenger_smiling_hearts:
That I think that it will be highly, and likely, very similar to the Agni's Philosophy tech demo, but at the same time slightly different.

Like the concept art for the new Luminous Engine IP.
[that clearly is Crimson Arbitrium - Agni's Anthology]

SlOYUd3.jpg

and made a similar process actuated with the FFVII PS3 demo.

6t9FAX9.jpg

D.Final

Banned
I am very curious about Crimson Arbitrium - Agni's Anthology.
And since the official announcement of this new IP will arrive this summer, it will be interesting to note how Parasite Eve will have influenced the creation of Crimson Arbitrium - Agni's Anthology.

D.Final

Banned
Also intriguing is the fact that the gameplay of Crimson Arbitrium - Agni's Anthology revolves around magic.
How these magics can be changed into barriers or bullets, have an impact on the environment, and how even the skills of the protagonist change.

D.Final

Banned
Then I'm still thinking about what they mean by the return of the Jobs system in Final Fantasy XVI, but in a different key.
I'm super curious to learn more about Final Fantasy XVI this summer :messenger_smiling_hearts:

D.Final

Banned
3 days until the Sony PS5 event :messenger_smiling_hearts:
And probably to see the first announcement trailer for Final Fantasy XVI

Hype

Kumomeme

my take from that claim is just think it as ffxv combat with heavy reliance of dodge roll and stamina bar...the question is, will be only one playable controlled character like dark souls, dragons dogma, mhw or there other A.I joining? another question arise if there other mechanic enabling player to give command or control their behaviour

Last edited:
Top Bottom