• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor/Leaks] Crimson Arbitrium - Agni's Anthology [Luminous Productions new IP] and Final Fantasy XVI will both be announced at the Summer Game Fest

D.Final

Banned
In the last few hours I have read some very interesting rumors, on Reddit, regarding some of Square Enix's next projects.
Final Fantasy XVI and the new IP, Crimson Arbitrium :messenger_smiling_hearts:

RDkZ46P.jpg

hIIxAut.jpg

8j9dyp6.jpg

xg544Xc.gif

And the Summer Game Fest is near

beZ38vA.gif

Update:

Ben Taylor, technical director of Square Enix in Japan, retweeted the PS5 presentation event on June 4th, with these words:

"You will want to tune in for this."

Something starts to move :messenger_smiling_hearts:
WgIC69h.jpg

It's FINAL FANTASY XVI time
Hype :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:

njean777

Don't know how I feel about FFXVI being a timed exclusive, but I guess I will have to wait to play it then. Blah

Last edited:

Oddspeak

Not that I'd put much stock in random 4chan rumors, but I'm looking forward to both the Luminous game and XVI anyway. Though I would really like Yoshi-P to have his shot at new FF.

It would be great if Hiroyuki Ito was still directing Final Fantasy games. I remember when he was still rumored to be working on Final Fantasy XVI. Seriously, what is he doing at Square Enix these days?

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
Hmm 4chan rumor, I don't know....

However, Square Enix did confirm a while back that their formed Luminous Productions team were working on a new IP for PS5 & XBSX.
So this might have some plausibility to it, but we'll see.

Edit: Also, why would a new IP be multi-platform, but the mainline entry in a popular multi-platform series like Final Fantasy be a timed exclusive to PS5?
That makes very little sense and casts even more doubt this is even real.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Don't know how I feel about FFXVI being a timed exclusive, but I guess I will have to wait to play it then. Blah

It seems weird they’d go to all the trouble to commit to putting all the old games on XO, and even game pass, just to immediately leave the platform. I feel like square needs to push for PC at launch for every title too.

D.Final

Banned
Not that I'd put much stock in random 4chan rumors, but I'm looking forward to both the Luminous game and XVI anyway. Though I would really like Yoshi-P to have his shot at new FF.

I agree.

I found that Crimson Arbitrium is truly a strange and really cool name.

Shin

Banned
Anthology sounds like it will keep Yoshida occupied, good on him but I hope this isn't the fantasy game he was referring to.
I'd be more happy if FF17 is that game, as for Agni the thing that were written is what they demonstrated in the old trailer.

D.Final

Banned
Anthology sounds like it will keep Yoshida occupied, good on him but I hope this isn't the fantasy game he was referring to.
I'd be more happy if FF17 is that game, as for Agni the thing that were written is what they demonstrated in the old trailer.

The rumor says that Yoshida works on Final Fantasy XVI. But doesn't say who's actually working on Crimson Arbitrium - Agni's Anthology.

And I'm really curious to see who is the director of the project

Last edited:

cireza

Oh yes, finally some new ambitious stuff from Square-Enix :messenger_sunglasses:

A bit surprised by the use of UE for FF XVI if it is open world, should have used the Luminous Engine instead.

Last edited:

Lethal01

Oh yes, finally some new ambitious stuff from Square-Enix :messenger_sunglasses:

A bit surprised by the use of UE for FF XVI if it is open world, should have used the Luminous Engine instead.

Why? The engine is know for being difficult and Unreal 4 has been used for great open worlds.
Not to Mention Unreal 5 looks to be an absolute godsend for them.

cireza

Why? The engine is know for being difficult and Unreal 4 has been used for great open worlds.
Not to Mention Unreal 5 looks to be an absolute godsend for them.
I have zero confidence in UE being able to make open worlds like FF XV with all it includes seamlessly.

Last edited:
Excited for the next Final Fantasy game announce if this is real, but I dont want Square to make another shitty Final Fantasy game. Why is everything that's made these days a load of hot garbage? Does anyone know how to make good games like they were in the 1990s and 2000s?

People get so caught up in the technology I feel like. Just because you can utilize the hardware to do crazy graphics and open world games now, doesnt mean you should.

- Give me a turn based JRPG FF game like FF7, FF8, FF9, or FF10 and dont go crazy on the graphics
- Give it a GOOD storyline and characters, dont let Nomura have input on the plot but have him doing character design
- Reduce dev time to 1-2 years

The fact that people make better games in less time two generations ago is astonishing. Yeah yeah, technology was simpler, yeah, IMO something else is afoot here. Also, this is what plots are normally:

iqwyt.gif

This is what a plot is like after Nomura gets involved:

c05.png

Last edited:

royox

Are we sure the Concept art of FFXVI is real? Come on look at this and tell me that's not Ishgard from FFXIV. It even has a Dragon there.
ogen4hppbk741.jpg

Probably not gonna be interested unless it has good staff on it or the dumb cunt fans get overhyped again and get burnt because they expected better of an already decent product like FF XV.

D.Final

Banned

Probably just for a "timing" logistical reason. Maybe.

The rumor says that the production of FFXVI began in 2017, a year in which the Luminous was used at full capacity already on the new Tabata project, which unfortunately never saw the light of day.
If so, a different team must have dealt with the game project simultaneously.
(or maybe it was just a request from the main director, at the moment we can only make assumptions at the end)

Are we sure the Concept art of FFXVI is real? Come on look at this and tell me that's not Ishgard from FFXIV. It even has a Dragon there.
ogen4hppbk741.jpg

Concept art is official and real, but old of one/two years.
(although it had never been said that it was FFXVI)

It should be an artwork released, and attached, to a job offer opened by Square Enix (I think a few years ago) on a new big AAA game in development.

D.Final

Banned
DS combat and GAAS...I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Actually the rumor suggests that the team has not yet decided whether to take the GaaS game path for FFXVI, as final support for the project.

However, the inspiration for Dark Souls and Final Fantasy XV is a really good thing, considering that it will be an action jrpg.
And the fact that the Jobs classes will also return it is really interesting

Woahhh. Please be true. I always love seeing Final Fantasy announcements at the Sony conferences. The series has always been that extra special something to look forward to.

benzy

Pretty sure this rumor is BS. Yoshida's business development team are working/developing their own graphics engine for their next games. This is from their job hiring page in 2019. From the way its worded it could mean Luminous since the recent Luminous-Productions website mentioned the development environment was still ongoing, or it could be an engine of their own.

squareenixbusinessdivwlk40.png

Last edited:

Kumomeme

dam..really hype with the XVI

hopefully the information is true..Naoki Yoshida is the director and the world and gameplay setting seems heavy influence by XIV..job system, dungeon, character customization etc....i even had no problem if it share similliar structure (without online element) since the game already single player foremost..hopefully heavensward lead helmed the project

if...this rumors if true though...so we better take all of this as grain of salt

Kumomeme

Pretty sure this rumor is BS. Yoshida's business development team are working/developing their own graphics engine for their next games. This is from their job hiring page in 2019. From the way its worded it could mean Luminous since the recent Luminous-Productions website mentioned the development environment was still ongoing, or it could be an engine of their own.

squareenixbusinessdivwlk40.png
..interesting...or they hiring to upgrade or rebuild xiv current engine

D.Final

Banned
dam..really hype with the XVI

hopefully the information is true..Naoki Yoshida is the director and the world and gameplay setting seems heavy influence by XIV..job system, dungeon, character customization etc....i even had no problem if it share similliar structure (without online element) since the game already single player foremost..hopefully heavensward lead helmed the project

if...this rumors if true though...so we better take all of this as grain of salt

Actually, according with this rumor, the gameplay of Final Fantasy XVI is inspired by the Dark Souls and by the Final Fantasy XV gameplay.
And it's a great news for me :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Kumomeme

Actually, according with this rumor, the gameplay of Final Fantasy XVI is inspired by the Dark Souls and by the Final Fantasy XV gameplay.
well for me the part where naoki yoshida helmed the project with features that similliar to xiv is the one that get me hype..i always had faith for combat system in final fantasy especially if it being developed by xiv guy..the 'strategic' part get me intrigued

also...please let Soken be the main composer

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
I don't understand how you can so easily buy into a 4chan rumor. Do you realize how many bullshit "rumors" and "leaks" gets on posted on/v/?

This couldn't be real. How can they allow name-change to about any name while also maintaining the voiced dialogues saying those names

Aion002

This couldn't be real. How can they allow name-change to about any name while also maintaining the voiced dialogues saying those names
That's actually very easy... Many games already did that even on PS2.

Dialogue example:

That mage. That knight. You. The king. The witch.

And so on. But I doubt it.... it's kinda cheap... and S-E loves their silly character names.

Last edited:

Garnox

Agni sounds intriguing.

XVI not so much. Not my cup of tea. That's ok though. I'll reserve final judgement until we get the official word.

Fun to be looking forward to an event. Feels like it's been a while.

That's actually very easy... Many games already did that even on PS2.

Dialogue example:

That mage. That knight. You. The king. The witch.

And so on. But I doubt it.... it's kinda cheap... and S-E loves their dumb names.

How about the cut scenes? Final Fantasy games are heavy on story. After FF7 Remake, they cannot go back to silent cut scenes. FFXIII and FFXV dialogues in cut scenes are already pretty elaborate.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
I don't understand how you can so easily buy into a 4chan rumor. Do you realize how many bullshit "rumors" and "leaks" gets on posted on/v/?

Because very often some of these rumors end up to be true, even partially, in the end.

And also because we are talking about really very interesting games in the end.
And having hope or faith costs nothing.

When they are announced, however, I will always be very surprised and excited in any case.

Last edited:
Top Bottom