• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksteady Confirms Suicide Squad Game Debuting at DC FanDome August 22nd

Kuranghi

I already have stomach problems, I don't need more GaaS in my life. :lollipop_sad_relieved:

At least the new Batman game is still coming!

The Batman game is still happening too, its just coming from the Arkham Origin team & not the Asylum-City-Knight team.

People often say how they like the story or boss battles the most in Origins but I've tried to play it like 4 times, I lasted about 2-3 hours each time before there was some crap animation or their was a bug (PC version) or a QoL issue really fudged me off, I love Asylum/City/Knight sooo much and I feel like if I complete Origins and its only okay that will hurt my overall appreciation for the Arkham series, but I'm probably just being a big baby.

Arachnid

:/

I am so tired of evil Superman stories. Nothing says 'creatively bankrupt' quite like Evil Superman stories. Hopefully, that's not the suicide mission their going on this time, and he' just a nonlethal antagonist trying to take down some villains.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

People often say how they like the story or boss battles the most in Origins but I've tried to play it like 4 times, I lasted about 2-3 hours each time before there was some crap animation or their was a bug (PC version) or a QoL issue really fudged me off, I love Asylum/City/Knight sooo much and I feel like if I complete Origins and its only okay that will hurt my overall appreciation for the Arkham series, but I'm probably just being a big baby.

I love the Arkham trilogy and haven't played Origins so I'm in a similar boat. But realistically how bad could they mess up Batman, especially with years of dev time? Not much in my estimation. Its just another sequel with the same core gameplay from 2009. Its not gonna blow minds but I reckon it'll be a good time.

And as far as tech issues go, Arkham Knight had a bad time on pc too. Safer bet to buy these games on ps4/ps5. I remember Games for Windows Live shit on Arkham City, so bad.

HeadsUp7Up

I’d be up for this. I really like the Arkham games so I’d be interested in their take on the Suicide Squad.

Javthusiast

Banned
Hey we have these cool properties like Avengers and Suicide Squad, wouldn't it be awesome if we made amazing triple A single player games out of those?

Nah fuck it, we are gonna shove mediocore Destiny/Anthem GaaS clones down your throat instead.

Though I actually look more forward to this game than blandvengers, at least so far without having seen footage.

Last edited:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I wasn't sure what all the GaaS talk was about...

So, yeah. Unfortunate.

Another beloved developer going the GaaS route.

4aqbp4.jpg

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Suicide Squad sucks!

A Justice League game or even a Legion of Super Heroes game (create your own hero) would have been better.

Last edited:

SSfox

People already hating on a game that's not even shown yet? lmao

Rocksteady has created 3 masterpiece Batman games, one of the rare studio that never disappoint, so for sure curious about this next game Suicide Squad specially since i also love DC (more than Marvel), hopefully it will be as good, sure i admit i have some concerns since they been in silences for 5 years, hopefully it just means they were focus on their game and they didn't lost their skills on making masterpiece games.

Last edited:

Snakey125

I thought it was Batman:Court of Owls. What the fuck was that tease at the start of the year?

That's WB Montreal.

WB Montreal has been in a shitcreek since Arkham Knight due to poor management. You can likely bet they are trying to dump ray-tracing on hardware that can't fucking do it.

Honestly, I expect people to be disappointed regardless what they do because it's not batman.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

GaaS? Fucking why?

God, I am so tired of that shit
There's been such a negative reaction to the tease of the announcement. I'm kind of surprised by it. It's just something saying that it's coming. I guess people would've been happier if they just didn't say anything at all? Odd.

Not sure what to expect with this, and I'm not going to get my hopes up until we see it in action. Hoping for the best.
Honestly yes. When was the last time we have seen a real surprise?

Fbh

Never read the comics....so my only experience with the franchise is the shitty movie, which definitely isn't making this more exciting.
But if it's some online GAAS crap I don't give a crap about it regardless of which IP they are using.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Honestly yes. When was the last time we have seen a real surprise?
It feels like it's been awhile, but I feel like it's been because of all the leaks, which isn't really a fault of the developer and publisher. But I also see where you're coming from. I feel like the last couple of years teasers for movies, shows, and video games have all become more popular and it definitely takes away from that initial surprise. Hopefully we can get back to that.

waylo

Banned
After alllllll that wait, all that secrecy, all the denying, THIS is how they reveal it (even though everyone already knew).

Okaaaaaayyy...

FunkMiller

GaaS with online co-op :messenger_astonished:

A GaaS? Ho, ho. Fuck that. What a crying shame. Was looking forward to a great single player experience, similar to the Arkham games.

This can get on the pile with Avengers. Hope it bombs so developers stop making these money grabbing ‘games’.

nvm. WB Montreal’s Batman game is still coming.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Banned
i really don't care if it is gaas or multiplayer, the problem for me that these kind of games a just piss poor made with lack of everything. it is clearly going to be a hit, like M. Avengers, but i don't expect nothing.

change my mind.

FunkMiller

People already hating on a game that's not even shown yet? lmao

Rocksteady has created 3 masterpiece Batman games, one of the rare studio that never disappoint, so for sure curious about this next game Suicide Squad specially since i also love DC (more than Marvel), hopefully it will be as good, sure i admit i have some concerns since they been in silences for 5 years, hopefully it just means they were focus on their game and they didn't lost their skills on making masterpiece games.

Name a good GaaS, on the level of the Arkham games.

SSfox

Name a good GaaS, on the level of the Arkham games.

1- GaaS is a rumour
2- We haven't seen the game

But if it's game as service sure it doesn't smell good, and if the game will look like shit, i'll be the first who'll say it don't worry, but for now i'm ain't taking rumours as confirmed and won't bash a game i haven't seen even 1 second of its gameplay, doesn't make sens, at least to me. I'm hopeful, it's Rocksteady we're talking about FFS

FunkMiller

1- GaaS is a rumour
2- We haven't seen the game

But if it's game as service sure it doesn't smell good, and if the game will look like shit, i'll be the first who'll say it don't worry, but for now i'm ain't taking rumours as confirmed and won't bash a game i haven't seen even 1 second of its gameplay, doesn't make sens, at least to me. I'm hopeful, it's Rocksteady we're talking about FFS

Fair point. If it’s not a GaaS, I’ll certainly give it a fair shout, as I’m a huge DC fan. It still looks to be doing the edgelord Snyder evil Superman bullshit though, and if that’s the case, I’m not interested either. We’ll see... but confidence is not high right now.

VertigoOA

Banned
Hugely disappointing.

not because is Gaas in any way either...

Because it’s suicide squad... So lame. Movies were the drizzling shits

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Because it’s suicide squad... So lame. Movies were the drizzling shits

The live action one yea. The cartoon was pretty fun tho.

Hell_to_pay_dvd.jpg

And we got the James Gunn SS movie which will premiere at this DC FanDome thing. That will be actually be watchable and not make you wanna kill yourself like the 2016 film.

Top Bottom