• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League Livestream Announced for Wednesday

Fake

Tired Zzz GIF

Doom85

No Thank You Reaction GIF

Unless they have done a lot to make the character’s move sets more interesting instead of just being primarily what looks to be an average quality third person shooter, I’ll pass. I’m beyond ready for DC video games that aren’t Batman or Injustice, but this ain’t it, chief.

Mowcno

Now we find out if they changed anything underneith or if they've just put a dress on a pig.

I don't see how this could turn out good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Hugare

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, 'cause the Arkham Trilogy was just so, so good, that they earned it

But Sefton Hill leaving, the guy who directed the Arkham Trilogy and was co founder of the studio, is not a good sign.

There were many talented people there, so if even 40% of those people are still there, then theres hope

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
It's probably going to be better than people expect, but they will not ever admit that.

Exoprimal is fun and is mostly a co-op PvE TPS. That's what this is.

Biggest issues facing this game are going to be the price, and the monetization shit. It remains to be seen how much of a story / campaign there is so the fact they're leading episode 1 with story tells me its probably decent. And I think it will be a unique spectacle to take on Justice League heroes as villains.

Stafford

I love their games, even if Arkham Knight was easily their worst Batman game. I really hope they surprise me with a great game here, but I'm not holding my breath.

Really wish that Damian Wayne game had come to fruition instead. But we'll see.

TheKratos

What has Ricksteady done since the last Arkham game? Have they been really doing fuck all for ten years? Then they come up with this trash that needed a rework.

wondermega

Absolutely everyone expected Guardians to be Garbage(ians) and the sentiment ahead of launch was exactly the same as you see here, and that game turned out pretty great. Now obviously this is a very different dev with a very different type of game, so it's still up in the air. Anyway I am interested to see what happens..

Stafford

What has Ricksteady done since the last Arkham game? Have they been really doing fuck all for ten years? Then they come up with this trash that needed a rework.

Yeah it's kinda crazy, isn't it? I remember a few years ago a dev from Rocksteady tweeted that he couldn't wait to show what they were working on. It was then rumored they were making a Damian Wayne game, but there was also a rumor about another DC character they were making a game of instead.

But then their game was finally announced and it's SS. I'm guessing WB pushed them into this.
The sooner Suicide Squad is released, the sooner the devs can focus on a new single player gam featuring Batman. Let’s get this over with asap.

Hope so man. With this GaaS push by WB I fear the worst.

I know everyone is ready to dunk on this game. And with WB's track-record, I don't blame people for be being reticent in regards to what's been shown. But I don't think it ever looked outright bad and I'm more than willing to give another co-op superhero game a shot even if Arkham Knights was a bit of a dud. It should be an easy knock out of the park in principle, but we've not got a co-op superhero game that checks all the boxes yet. Maybe this one will be a decent evolution of the premise.

I'll remain cautiously optimistic, but I don't have a lot of confidence. I hope they really have something cool to show, it's been a long time coming from them and there last showing felt a bit flat.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I know there's a lot of negative sentiment but I'm excited for co-op with friends. I trust Rocksteady at this point until they give me a reason not to, they've earned benefit of the doubt.
This is how you get a Cyberpunk 2077 or Starfield kind of launch.

Liamario

Banned
Why did they delay it? I imagine they've dialled back some things (which will be reintroduced later). I think it's important that games like this aren't supported unless they're free.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Why did they delay it? I imagine they've dialled back some things (which will be reintroduced later). I think it's important that games like this aren't supported unless they're free.
because it was so horrible looking and everyone made fun of it.

The sooner Suicide Squad is released, the sooner the devs can focus on a new single player gam featuring Batman. Let’s get this over with asap.
The Rocksteady that made Arkham is long gone dude. It's a lot more likely they get shut down when this inevitably bombs.

Top Bottom