• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Village framerate/resolution info for various platforms

Dr Bass

That was like,more than 8 months ago, he said Capcom was optimizing the PS5 version and struggling a little, wich could as well mean the 1440p 45fps Ray Tracing profile.

Also to Dusk credit the reveal trailer(supposedly running on PS5) wasn't exactly running like butter 🥞🤷‍♂️

I can’t believe you’re defending that crap lol.

BTW in software, an engine wouldn’t go from struggling with 1080 to running in 4K 60, in eight months. That’s just not how it works.

Remember his stated motivation ...

Omeyocan

a stable locked 45 fps is a night and day difference compared to 30 fps. i actually just tried this on cyberpunk a couple of days ago. the fps would usually hover around 45 fps and making my gpu run at max at over 70 degrees celcius, so i figured id just cap it at 30 fps and up some settings, and it felt awful at 30 fps. like jittery as fuck despite being locked at 30.

locked it to 45 and it was way smoother. now of course, my tv has vrr and supports gsync as well so thats probably why it felt smoother, but as long as its locked at 45 you will see that its really not that bad.

The 45FPS thing is somewhat weird, more so for those of us who have TVs without VRR and GSYNC. Will it be a stutter and tearfest on my LG OLEDB7 ? If so, Capcom must send an update to set it at 1080p at 60FPS.

But I thought dusk golem said the game is running at 30 FPS on ps5 and that too at 1080p resolution. How’s this even possible for PS5 to output at high resolution 😂

supernova8

Banned
You get RT with 45fps for 500 bucks and you still complain? Whats wrong with u people

Frustrated Sean Bean GIF

assurdum

Banned
Ah yes, they forgot to mention which console plays Native 4k and which one doesn't, XSX is as fast as PS5? hmmmmm, Sony paid Capcom in full to keep that info hidden, i mean why did PS4/5 get the exclusive demos ??
I'd like to know where is all that majority of multiplat games natively 4k on series.... some of you seems to live in a sort of parallel universe when we talk about such things.

Last edited:

Codes 208

I think I’d rather have the One X/pro’s 1080p/60fps than XSS’s 1440p at 45, but I will admit I’m surprised the SS can even support RT at all

II_JumPeR_I

Ah yes, they forgot to mention which console plays Native 4k and which one doesn't, XSX is as fast as PS5? hmmmmm, Sony paid Capcom in full to keep that info hidden, i mean why did PS4/5 get the exclusive demos ??
I wouldnt expect native 4k at all..
Probably 1800p or whatever

sinnergy

Constant 45 frames that weird? I don’t see the problem, been waiting for years for a studio to do this .. maybe 48 would be even better as there are HF movies in that format.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Im really curious about that 45 FPS, did they test it with VRR and find that it was fine? As far as I know this is the first time a game has explicitly targeted 45 FPS.

If it really works and is playable then this 24ms frametime could allow devs to fit in a lot more added effects.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I'll stick with the 4K/60FPS mode on Series X and sacrifice the Ray Tracing. Really don't understand why developers/publishers don't just lower the resolution to 1080p or 1440p with Ray Tracing and 60FPS. SMH. Oh well.

longdi

Banned
I like my pc monitor 144hz, but... VRR >>> high refresh rates, unless you constantly buys the newest GPUs.

i wonder why ps5 is so late with VRR? Any issues?

Last edited:

Thief1987

Both will very likely use CBR like RE3 on Pro and XBX (same 1620p CBR, about same performance).
What you are talking about is reconstruction, CBR is one of the methods, but capcom doesn't use it. And it's impossible for CBR reconstruct from 1620p to 4k or any other specific resolution.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
What you are talking about is reconstruction, CBR is one of the methods, but capcom doesn't use it. And it's impossible for CBR reconstruct from 1620p to 4k or any other specific resolution.

The text does says 'output' resolution.
I think we will see DRS and max at 4K, will be interesting to see how each consoles manage their dynamic resolutions.

And yea, the game did not look good, or much better than RE7, i am losing faith in the 'SSD fast I/O' giving high density details. 🤷‍♀️

Petopia

Banned
Pc masta race people if u just get one you console kiddies wouldnt have to complain about resolution and all that crap.

Really shows how much more powerful the Series S is than One X despite less FLOPS (I know Zen 2 has higher performance per FLOP) than AMD CPU architecture on XBOne.

Then if Zen 2 has a higher performance per FLOP, XSS should have 60fps option, but it doesn't have it and PS4 Pro and X1X does

jigglet

Banned
I don't understand why they can't do 4k on PS4?

Just have literally 1 frame in the whole game running at native 4k then stick it on the box. Not false advertising at all.

Yeah surely 1440p 60fps ray tracing on or even 1080p is the best option but maybe no tearing at 45 fps will be okay and especially on the series x with its vrr.
Games need locked frame rates in intervals either 30 or 60 not 24/45/50 games feel weird at those frames

ghairat

That was like,more than 8 months ago, he said Capcom was optimizing the PS5 version and struggling a little, wich could as well mean the 1440p 45fps Ray Tracing profile.

Also to Dusk credit the reveal trailer(supposedly running on PS5) wasn't exactly running like butter 🥞🤷‍♂️

You do know that Dusk, later on, admitted that he wanted to spread FUD because "MiCrOsOfT gEtS lOtS oF hAtE"

Top Bottom