• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil VII needs more love - Spoilers inside!

My biggest beef with the game was the whole sequence involving the "wacky" son. The elaborate Saw-type scenario just totally fell flat for me in terms of tone and gameplay design. Add the fact that you have to play a portion of it twice and yuck.

i want to love this game so much. i did love it.

then i got to the first section with the
molded
and i just do not have the fucking ammo or i guess skill to get by them

You can run past them for the most part. Just gotta recognize their patterns and how far they can follow you.

I have to say, I even lost interest in it after the first encounter with the multiple blob enemy things. I was totally with it until that point and then realized that this was the new "generic bullet sponge enemy" I'd see throughout the rest of the game, so I dropped it and never went back =(.

Fantastic game with a great design, great mechanics, and a silly, fun story. The only gripe I have is the ending sequence, but it's not enough to spoil the whole experience. I just hope it's remember by year's end for some GOTY recognition. At least some nominations.

This game is easily in my top 10 for the year. It's the best RE game since RE4. What I would love is for Capcom to grow a pair and stick with this style for another game.

There are issues here, but a squeal to this would fix most of the issues. I really enjoyed this game and I want to see them carry it on a further.

The previous formula is beyond. I think Fist Person is the way to go for now.

T.O.P

Banned
I have to say, I even lost interest in it after the first encounter with the multiple blob enemy things. I was totally with it until that point and then realized that this was the new "generic bullet sponge enemy" I'd see throughout the rest of the game, so I dropped it and never went back =(.

...I mean you can take down the basic enemies with a couple of headshots, and they are slow enough to be dodgeable or blocked by doors

Also, greatest weapon in RE history, that punch nghhhhhh (sorry Red9)

29c0db9b2e2da7262c52bd0d6ae5c49c.jpg

...I mean you can take down the basic enemies with a couple of headshots, and they are slow enough to be dodgeable or blocked by doors

3 round clip sucks ass though :/

btw this game has like the worst machine gun ever lol

I swear that thing was an airsoft gun

I though RE VII was a real return to form for the series and it felt like the first survival horror entry I had played in the series for a long time. Enjoyed every second of it.

Zutrax

Some others have mimicked the sentiment, and I keep saying it every chance I get.

But RE VII in the VR is my favorite experience of the year hands down and probably my game of the year. Outside VR it is a great game, but in VR it is just stellar and showcases how immersive and incredible that technology can be when utilized in a fully featured high quality title. Also horror works the best in VR I feel, so it has that going for it as well.

In VR it's easily my favorite Resident Evil title at the very least and hope more people get to try it out that way and see what the hubbub is all about.

Loved every minute of RE7, played through 4 times. Once in VR, which really is incredible, once normal and then the others speed runs to unlock all the secrets. It was a brilliant return to survival horror and I loved the crazy Baker family.

Hopefully they can build on this solid foundation for RE8 and make it even better, maybe a little more enemy variety, I liked the Moulded but it would have been nice to have more enemies too. I would like to get more answers, like what happened to Lucas (will he be back ?) and more info on Eveline and why Chris was in an Umbrella / Umbrella Corps chopper at the end.

Yeah, I didn't find them challenging...just boring. I thought to myself, "if this is where the game is going, no thanks".

b0bbyJ03

I've always loved the RE series and really enjoyed playing them but for some reason I felt that RE7 was just too scary. It was past the point of being fun for me (I did really enjoy some parts). I would get anxiety and sometimes even a stomach ache. LMAO. I must be getting old.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
My biggest beef with the game was the whole sequence involving the "wacky" son. The elaborate Saw-type scenario just totally fell flat for me in terms of tone and gameplay design. Add the fact that you have to play a portion of it twice and yuck.

What ever happened to him anyway?
I loved the game, but can't even recall his end fate.

Aside from him being "on the inside" with whatever company was trying to incubate or mature Eveline

What ever happened to him anyway?
I loved the game, but can't even recall his end fate.

Aside from him being "on the inside" with whatever company was trying to incubate or mature Eveline

I'm pretty sure that he just books it.

Which means he's in the 1% of villain intelligence.

hughesta

Banned
absolutely incredible game. So glad Capcom gave the series the treatment it deserves, even kts gonna be back to hell for the next several entries

Loved this game a lot. I haven't liked a RE game this much since 4.

What I didn't like about it:

-Stupid ship area.
I found this section boring, uninspiring and 'samey' if that's a word

-The Molded
I found them uninspiring as well and I honestly think they could have used an idea or two from Naughty Dog's aged infected, such as the Clicker, Bloater or something along those lines. Molded come off as generic after a while, minus the Bakers.

The lack of enemies hurt this game a fair bit, I think
The molded are ALRIGHT, they just become unforgettable by the time the end credits roll and there simply isn't enough variety of them.

The game's strong points are:
-Atmosphere
-Characters
-Gameplay to an extent
-Areas/Sections are fun to explore and simply walk through(minus the ship)

Hope we get another RE game like 7, with improvements.

Top Bottom