• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Collection in Humble Bundle

Soodanim

Capcom have always done the best deals of any publisher on Humble Bundle whether it's an individual series or a a mixed spread, well done to them. I'm sure it's brought plenty of people into the franchise, and it's smart to do this with the RE8 DLC coming (or is it here?)
I should do this but I haven't played an RE games since 3 and I'm not talking the remakes.
Do it. It's a great price and you'll get a good spread of gameplay styles.
0/1 for classic (door skip mods exist if they bother you)
4 for a hybrid of old and new (don't forget RE4HD, which is easy to install and the best texture pack/fan patch I've ever seen)
5 for chasing 4's success but failing a more action heavy twist on 4
6 for not having a clue and flying too close to the sun
7 for a soft reboot in 1st person with a smaller scope, closer to the original
Revelations 1/2 for a different sort of game (Rev2's Raid mode is fun if nothing else)
2 Remake is fantastic and is what 6 should have been
3 Remake is flawed if you're a big fan of OG 3, but still well worth your time

Even if you just wanted 2R/3R and the rest are just bonuses in case you one day fancy trying one, it's a great price.

killatopak

Steam only eh.

I remember the last Humble Bundle I bought was an RE one as well. The reason I bought it though is that it was available on PSN. I would bite on this if it included PSN as well.

I already have the physical copies but digital ones would be nice as well.

It's a great deal if you don't own most of it. Sadly for me, it's not worth the purchase since I'm only missing a couple. But, what a deal if you don't have any of it!

jaysius

Banned
The market was always going to level out. There is a point where the games lose too much value by going on steep discount. Same thing with the Steam sales. It was fun while the publishers were experimenting but those days are over.
NOPE!

Supply and demand happened.

They saw that people would pay MORE for LESS so they ratcheted up the prices.

None of the bundles are ever great deals anymore, on any tiers.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
NOPE!

Supply and demand happened.

They saw that people would pay MORE for LESS so they ratcheted up the prices.

None of the bundles are ever great deals anymore, on any tiers.
I think his is two separate topics. One is one game scope, which I wasn't referring to.

Publishers would offer games at 90% or more discounts or in bundles to move more units. Somewhere along the way, these businesses did the math to work out the best price vs volume for their business. That's all it was.

jaysius

Banned
I think his is two separate topics. One is one game scope, which I wasn't referring to.

Publishers would offer games at 90% or more discounts or in bundles to move more units. Somewhere along the way, these businesses did the math to work out the best price vs volume for their business. That's all it was.
Purely greed.

Even the really shitty bundles are poorly priced now.

hlm666

look at the default donation split lol and they hide it in a drop box I wonder why.

edit: it gets even better cause you can use the custom option to give nothing to capcom but humble wont give up their share wont let you take the slider to zero.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
It's shitty for the consumer. I'm a consumer, unless you have invested in Humble Games, you're a consumer too.

Don't defend shitty things.
I'm not defending it. It is a statement of fact.

I have no issue paying for quality products. I don't know that most video game are quality... So How much I am willing to pay depends highly on the quality of the product. Capcom tends to be hit-and-miss for me.

Soodanim

It's shitty for the consumer. I'm a consumer, unless you have invested in Humble Games, you're a consumer too.

Don't defend shitty things.
You're a bit of a "Glass half empty" sort of person, aren't you?

Both parties need to benefit from a transaction. Recognising that isn't defending shitty practices, it's being realistic about how business works.

Don't forget that we aren't talking about launch prices being jacked up here, we're talking about an optimised floor price that encourages sales without minimising profit because it turns out the 90% off deals aren't as beneficial as once thought. Even consumers did the maths on the Steam sales, statistics for which were a big part of finding that balance.

And to bring the context back around, this bundle has nearly every single for sale game in a franchise for the price slightly higher than the newest one on sale.

All in for £25. 3R and 2R are about £20 each on sale. The rest are usually £5-15 each.

Doesn't seem that shitty to me.

If anyone gets the bundle and doesn't want RE3Make....

resident evil 4 GIF

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
When was the last time they did console HB? I remember two times during the 3ds / Wii U days get some codes for random games I really ended up enjoying. I would definitely throw money at a pack like that again.

Three

Remember when Humble Bundle cost like 5 dollars for a huge bunch of games?
As far as I remember it was pay whatever you like for this bundle and you could essentially donate whatever you like $100 or pay just $1. I think this is better though with a set price.

Edit: oh, it still is pay whatever you like. Just pay $5 if you think that's what it's worth but I think it deserves more.

Last edited:

Soodanim

As far as I remember it was pay whatever you like for this bundle and you could essentially donate whatever you like $100 or pay just $1. I think this is better though with a set price.

Edit: oh, it still is pay whatever you like. Just pay $5 if you think that's what it's worth but I think it deserves more.
It's tiered now, so you can still pay what you like but you have to pay above a certain price to get everything. Given that it's for charity, I don't think that's too terrible as it still gives the dev/pub a reasonable kick back and it encourages more for the cause(s).

Top Bottom