• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 demo coming March 19th | Demo & Resistance Open Beta Trailer

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
There's not a problem with the change in design for Jill but if there's no costumes or the costumes are shit and there isn't one that's got fan service then there's a problem. I'm not talking the fucking S.T.A.R.S uniform as fan service either. 🤷‍♂️

SuperGooey

The perfect dodge is pretty easy to pull of, and you can even use a knife melee attack during it! I've been wrecking zombies.

Also, YOU CAN SKIP WALKIE-TALKIE SEGMENTS! This is big for speedrunning and replay value!

sublimit

Banned
I used to be a big fan of the series. I have played almost every game including some spin offs.

However after the RE2 Remake i feel that certain elements in the gameplay have really made me tired of the formula. Btw this is not a problem of the games themselves but more of my personal gaming tastes (and tolerance for certain aspects) changing over the years. The constant backtracking to the item chest due to often not knowing what key item you should carry with you and what should be left in the chest is no more fun to me. It's nothing more than a tedious trial and error to make the games feel longer (in first playthroughs).
I'm also starting to find the aspect of Mister X and Nemesis to be more annoying than anything else. I didn't have a problem with them when i played the PS1 games back in the day but now i guess i'm much older and i don't like developers to force me to play with a particular style and speed. I don't have a problem with challenge in games in general (i love From Software games) but i want to take my time with them. In RE2 Remake Mister X felt more annoying than challenging and i feel the same for Nemesis.

I will try the demo of RE3 to see the graphics and the differences from the original but i feel that this series is no longer for me. Again nothing wrong with the games themselves it's more of a personal thing. :)

Mista

Banned
Lets go!

ca2aaa5b-9cb4-4ace-95f4-915b5eb984e9.PNG

SuperGooey

Looks like the Clock Tower/Park of RE3 is a map in REsistance. Does that mean RE3make will use this map? I really hope so because it gives me major Bloodborne vibes.

jaysius

Banned
Yeah, it looks really good. Too bad it’s 30FPS.

Edit: PS4 Pro is 60FPS at a much lower resolution. WTF Capcom?!

OUCH, this thing is going to run like a dog with a rectal prolapse on my Xbox One OLD AF(and nobody even gives a shit about anymore).

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Holy fucking shit if you thought mr X was annoying in res 2 ?
better stay the hell away from 3.

i just finished the demo, my first encounter ever with nemesis, i never got wrecked harder in any game ever before,
on my second try. i just ran like a little bitch until the demo ended,

this game is NOT for me

Arnas

I don't like this new zombie damage system, zombies don't react as much to the bullet shots. what a letdown for me

Last edited:

HarryMason

Neo Member
I got 20 minutes or so into the demo and quit. I will forever be angry at capcom for not remaking RE2/3 the same way they remade 1. I did enjoy the RE2 remake somewhat, but I'll be skipping this one.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Ya that was just me making a joke. Well not really it doesn't take super long lol.

Sorry for butchering your name Karak. I'll check out the demo on the Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and PC later today.
BTW, thanks for all you're doing with your reviews and news. I appreciate you. :messenger_horns:

Karak

Sorry for butchering your name Karak. I'll check out the demo on the Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and PC later today.
BTW, thanks for all you're doing with your reviews and news. I appreciate you. :messenger_horns:
No worries
And thanks! Youtube has been a solid straight up fucking disaster dumpster fire this year. I mean worse numbers than 3 years ago. So thanks so much man

Moses85

Explored the Demo and took me 39 minutes to complete. Game feels „strange“ Nemesis too.

RE2 Remake Demo felt more „familar“

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I'm happy with it. Which is rare for me to be positive. Apart from whack redesigns I've approved of this since the start and I'm glad I've been satisfied for once. Everything just feels better and more fleshed out, RE2 remake was a shitty beta test compared to this game in terms of mechanics at least. Did Normal then Assisted to try out the machine gun. Nemesis having a weak point is needed I guess for over the shoulder but it's fine.

Top Bottom