• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 demo coming March 19th | Demo & Resistance Open Beta Trailer

This. 4/5 headshot to drop one is retarded, then if you want them to stay down you're looking at 6+ rounds.
Looks gorgeous, but I'll pass until I can get it on deep discount with some of the unlimited ammo weapons. Played through 2 that way and found it much more enjoyable.
It was completely possible to clear the enemies in the old games and not run out of ammo, I don't know why that became such a problem for them in the remakes, it sucks the fun right out of it for me.
Yeah. Just seems too random. The very first shot I fired in the demo was a head shot kill. After that, every shot was😐 clean af aiming too.

GHG

Gold Member
So uh... How do you run away from nemesis during the first encounter with it? I just keep dying when trying to escape.

Also the autosave royally fucked me. I managed to get cutters to unlock the shotgun but the autosave is before I did that so when it loads me back I have to go back and get the shotgun again.

I like what I'm playing but this is just frustrating so I hope the final game does a better job with the save system.

GHG

Gold Member
This. 4/5 headshot to drop one is retarded, then if you want them to stay down you're looking at 6+ rounds.
Looks gorgeous, but I'll pass until I can get it on deep discount with some of the unlimited ammo weapons. Played through 2 that way and found it much more enjoyable.
It was completely possible to clear the enemies in the old games and not run out of ammo, I don't know why that became such a problem for them in the remakes, it sucks the fun right out of it for me.

Yeah. Just seems too random. The very first shot I fired in the demo was a head shot kill. After that, every shot was😐 clean af aiming too.

Don't waste your time with headshots, shoot the knees a couple of times to down those fuckers and walk on by.

Getting the laser sight for the handgun from the safe also helps.

Last edited:

Doczu

I think i ran into a bug and locked myself out.

Got the fire hose and wanted to backtrack. Went up the fore stairs, killed two zombies. Entered the building and the next door is being banged on by a zombie. But he can't get through.
Do i need to restart? 😐

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I like it. My one complaint is how I feel like I’m carrying a BB gun. RE4 has far superior bullet feedback, especially when shooting limbs.

Last edited:

Aggelos

Mr. Charlie Statues

• No 16 requires you to get a full knockdown on Nemesis 3 times.
  • No 17 requires you to get a perfect dodge 25 times. You can do this on zombies, doesn't have to be Nemesis.
  • No 18 requires you to aim at the Mr. Charlie posted inside of the Uncle Toy store for 5-10 seconds. This will cause a statue to spawn on top of the Donut Shop right behind you. (credit to @TrustShield here, a Japanese player, and /u/tenshimkii on Reddit)
  • No 19 requires you to put out the fire at the end of the demo, but then turn around and go back into the streets. A new zombie will have spawned behind the cop car in the streets that we got No 16 in. Kill it, then go back into the pharmacy. A zombie will have woken up and slid off a shelf. The statue is on its back on the shelf. (credit to @BillJayGaming here and /u/Jesusness on Reddit)

JORMBO

Darkness no more
So uh... How do you run away from nemesis during the first encounter with it? I just keep dying when trying to escape.

Also the autosave royally fucked me. I managed to get cutters to unlock the shotgun but the autosave is before I did that so when it loads me back I have to go back and get the shotgun again.

I like what I'm playing but this is just frustrating so I hope the final game does a better job with the save system.

I used the dodge move to get past his first swipe at me. Then I tossed a grenade at him and ran. I turned around when I got away and he wasn’t following.

Enjoyed the demo. I hope they smooth out the frame rate for release though.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

GHG

Gold Member
I used the dodge move to get past his first swipe at me. Then I tossed a grenade at him and ran. I turned around when I got away and he wasn’t following.

Enjoyed the demo. I hope they smooth out the frame rate for release though.

Yeh I figured it out in the end, actually electric shocked him by shooting the generator nearby then ran off.

I was really enjoying it until he turned up, not sure how to feel now :/

Runs super smooth on the PC though, impressive performance for how it looks.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I think i ran into a bug and locked myself out.

Got the fire hose and wanted to backtrack. Went up the fore stairs, killed two zombies. Entered the building and the next door is being banged on by a zombie. But he can't get through.
Do i need to restart? 😐
No that's supposed to happen.

THEAP99

Banned
Just finished the resident evil 3 demo. It was good, but not good enough to warrant a $60 pre-order. Unfortunately the games voice quality and gameplay is like from the ps3 days.

Aggelos

Just finished it

Nemesis feels like he’s gonna be annoying and frustrating

Not difficult. Not strategic. Annoying and frustrating.

Nemesis is unbeatable. That's the point. An invincible and unbeatable chaser-pursuer-stalker.
In Hardcore mode, I expect Nemesis to be quite difficult.

Ellery

Loved it. Couple of improvements for the PC versions compared to RE2 Remake PC from what I can see

Extremely excited!

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
Gave it a go on PC. Basically I can't wait for gratuitous nude Jill mods.

That's what I took away from it.

Hmmm. I’m a RE veteran from the originals. Nemesis was always my least played game of the trilogy. I don’t ever remember Nemesis being such an ass pain.

I think it’s because Jill lacks any sort of agility even with the dodge. He run is a slow trot when Nemesis is chasing you. I’m screaming at my TV yelling at her to move her ass. It almost feels like making it through that section is more luck. There are times he pounds you over and over without any ability to fight back. When he has you on your back she just lays there.

kinda feel like I’m missing something.

OrionNebula

Just finished it

Nemesis feels like he’s gonna be annoying and frustrating

Not difficult. Not strategic. Annoying and frustrating.

I agree (and I freakin’ knew it)

Everything was going just fine, still plenty of ammo, shotgun loaded, plenty of healing items considering I was nearing the end. Cutscene, Nemesis comes in, back to gameplay, try to dodge him, gets whacked, then, before I even have time to regain control, he whacks me again, and before I, AGAIN, have time to regain control, gets whacked a third time.
Game over. Not a damn thing I could do but take it like a little bitch

Sweet programming, you guys! This is BOTH super fun AND super fair 👎🏻

Can’t wait for hours of this.

All the parts without Nemesis, though : awesome!

SuperGooey

Hmmm. I’m a RE veteran from the originals. Nemesis was always my least played game of the trilogy. I don’t ever remember Nemesis being such an ass pain.

I think it’s because Jill lacks any sort of agility even with the dodge. He run is a slow trot when Nemesis is chasing you. I’m screaming at my TV yelling at her to move her ass. It almost feels like making it through that section is more luck. There are times he pounds you over and over without any ability to fight back. When he has you on your back she just lays there.

kinda feel like I’m missing something.
before I even have time to regain control, he whacks me again, and before I, AGAIN, have time to regain control, gets whacked a third time.
Game over. Not a damn thing I could do but take it like a little bitch

This isn't true. You can perfect dodge all of his attacks, even right after he hits you with the first or second punch of his combo, you can still dodge the next attack during Jill's stumble animation. Also, when you are knocked on the ground, you can roll right or left instead of laying there.

A lot of people who are complaining about Nemesis simply do not have a strong grasp on the game mechanics yet. I get it, the demo just came out, but it's not just luck based. A lot of people, myself including, can pretty consistently dodge Nemesis, and it's really satisfying!

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Sucks that it got a 100 fps cap, game barely needs hardware to run tho, game runs great and looks solid.

The demo itself, 10 minutes long end boss mob was laughable bad, just run past it and boom finished the demo. Dude will be super annoying in the main game for sure. They need to remove him.

decisions

So, for me trying to get everything in the demo is literally impossible with Nemesis running around. This guy is out here with a Street Fighter moveset and all I have is a dodge that barely even works. They should make the dodge better at least, then you could get some cool encounters with him. Right now it feels pointless to try and anticipate his attacks.

Overall the demo left me really disappointed. I thought RE2 was one of the best games this generation and this game seems to just do nothing interesting to build on the foundation that it built. Somehow it seems less scary, frustrating, and interesting. Not terrible, and I'll probably still play it soon after release just because I am a huge RE fan, but man this demo sucks.

SuperGooey

So, for me trying to get everything in the demo is literally impossible with Nemesis running around. This guy is out here with a Street Fighter moveset and all I have is a dodge that barely even works. They should make the dodge better at least, then you could get some cool encounters with him. Right now it feels pointless to try and anticipate his attacks.
The dodge is 100% consistent if you know the timing. Practice, learning the timing of the perfect dodge, and I promise you'll have a better time with the game.

GymWolf

so the game run like a dream on pc, well done capcom.

but sassy trans jill is kinda unsufferable and new nemesys is noticeably worse comparable to the original in terms of presence imo, what the fuck is that scream and that fucking coat made of garbage bags with the danger sticker? ugh...

carlos is basically the protagonist of yakuza 7 with that look 😆

Last edited:

SuperGooey

DEMO HAS BEEN DATAMINED! Leaked file names confirm locations, costumes, weapons, the difficulty settings, and characters.

So glad Jill will get her S.T.A.R.S. outfit, as well as two hard difficulty settings that remix the item layout. Also, every major location from RE3 is returning, so that's great news. Hope that means all the enemies, like the Grave Digger, will be returning as well.

This isn't true. You can perfect dodge all of his attacks, even right after he hits you with the first or second punch of his combo, you can still dodge the next attack during Jill's stumble animation. Also, when you are knocked on the ground, you can roll right or left instead of laying there.

A lot of people who are complaining about Nemesis simply do not have a strong grasp on the game mechanics yet. I get it, the demo just came out, but it's not just luck based. A lot of people, myself including, can pretty consistently dodge Nemesis, and it's really satisfying!

You can dodge once or twice but eventually something will get you. Plus the default camera speed is pretty slow so trying to keep track of him is difficult. He is faster than you in a straight line. The times he pinned me was against walls and it feels hopeless at that point.

Doesn’t help the mutated zombies have some long ass tentacles.

once I led him back into the donut shop hoping he would pull a Mr X and walk the area but nope he stays in the shop and the second you are half way out the door his AI kicks in murder mode.

I finished the demo by downing him and bolting to the final door. But to straight run he will get you. Feels like he is there to make you waste some ammo.

SuperGooey

You can dodge once or twice but eventually something will get you. Plus the default camera speed is pretty slow so trying to keep track of him is difficult. He is faster than you in a straight line. The times he pinned me was against walls and it feels hopeless at that point.

Doesn’t help the mutated zombies have some long ass tentacles.

once I led him back into the donut shop hoping he would pull a Mr X and walk the area but nope he stays in the shop and the second you are half way out the door his AI kicks in murder mode.

I finished the demo by downing him and bolting to the final door. But to straight run he will get you. Feels like he is there to make you waste some ammo.
He can run faster than Jill, but you can still perfect dodge his attacks. You do get fucked if you get cornered, but...

Look, be a badass like me. Hot girls have wanted to fuck me all day everyday, but I shut them down. Know why? I was devoted to this demo, and I was able to learn enemy patterns and the best times to quick step so I could get the perfect dodge. Because of this, I can dodge consistently as long as I don't let myself get stuck in a corner.

Also, you can perfect dodge the long tentacles of both Nemesis and the Parasite zombies. Be strategic with when you blow up the red barrels (keep them for Nemesis since it downs him for a minute), be aware of your surroundings so you don't get cornered, and learn the timing of the perfect dodge. Nemesis isn't unfair; just a tough and fast sonofabitch.

He can run faster than Jill, but you can still perfect dodge his attacks. You do get fucked if you get cornered, but...

Look, be a badass like me. Hot girls have wanted to fuck me all day everyday, but I shut them down. Know why? I was devoted to this demo, and I was able to learn enemy patterns and the best times to quick step so I could get the perfect dodge. Because of this, I can dodge consistently as long as I don't let myself get stuck in a corner.

Also, you can perfect dodge the long tentacles of both Nemesis and the Parasite zombies. Be strategic with when you blow up the red barrels (keep them for Nemesis since it downs him for a minute), be aware of your surroundings so you don't get cornered, and learn the timing of the perfect dodge. Nemesis isn't unfair; just a tough and fast sonofabitch.

Alright. The second paragraph got me 😂. Well played. Maybe I need to go back to Souls games before I play RE3R 😝

TheTurboFD

Shoot the electrical box on his chest with shotgun to stun him for a while.

Reactions: GHG

Needlecrash

Tried the Steam demo. Feels much smoother than the Xbox One X demo. The perfect dodges will take some time to get used to but it feels good nailing it when you do it. I keep messing up the timing of it but I need more practice. So far, it feels a bit harder than 2 remake, which I like.

So on the datamining, kind of happy about the harder difficulty options with item remixes. Really looking forward to it.

I did find about 10 of the bobbleheads myself, but I didn't realise some were under conditions. Interesting.

Doczu

Oh and i just hope Nemesis will be less likely to be 2 steps behind you. Once you see him he just won't let go of you 😐 hopefully they just did it for the demo to raise the tension

GHG

Gold Member
Sucks that it got a 100 fps cap, game barely needs hardware to run tho, game runs great and looks solid.

The demo itself, 10 minutes long end boss mob was laughable bad, just run past it and boom finished the demo. Dude will be super annoying in the main game for sure. They need to remove him.

I'm sure there will be a mod.

There is one to remove mister X from RE2:

I'm probably going to buy it and start my play through of that this weekend and the moment he starts to annoy me that mod is getting activated.

MarkyG

Here's something.... it seems they toned down/totally disabled the corpse interaction in RE3. Compared to RE2, it feels really lacking. It's not a dealbreaker, just an odd decision. Maybe to perhaps keep performance up? I made a quick and dirty video showing RE3 and RE2's gore systems:

Last edited:

Aggelos

I found nemesis just ruined what was otherwise a really good demo. Not for me at all because of Nemesis. I don't think he should be a thing in 2020.
Ya, Nemesis shouldn't be a thing, if it was a new installment starring Jill Valentine (like RE8 for example).
Which is not the case.

It's a remake, a free re-imagination rather, of a game that was released back in 1999. In Japan it was titled Biohazard 3 Last Escape, and in the western world it was Resident Evil 3 Nemesis.

Thus, Nemesis played quite a significant role in the whole plot and game-play of RE3. When remaking the game in a free re-imagination style, you simply can't take him out of the equation. If you played the game back in 1999, you'd understand. I was one of those people who played it back in 1999. I played RE1 in Sep 1996, RE2 in June 1998, and RE3 in Oct 1999.
I remember the Shinji Mikami interviews back then, when he would emphasize how Nemesis was a constant-looming threat for the player, a chaser-pursuer and how they managed to pull off this feeling of being stalked all the time with the music (Nemesis' theme). But since it was 1999, they were bound by PlayStation 1's hardware limitation with what they could do.

Now with the power of PS4 Pro. Xbox One X and PCs, you saw how they implemented the constant chaser behavior in RE2Remake's Tyrant. In the JP interviews with RE3Remake's director Kiyohiko Sakata, he mentioned how the RE3Remake dev team remarked that RE2Remake's Tyrant was given the Nemesis treatment, that he was Nemesi-fied (since RE3Remake has already been in development for 3 years now, as producer Fabiano pointed out, so it was developed simultaneously with RE2Remake)....

GymWolf

Here's something.... it seems they toned down/totally disabled the corpse interaction in RE3. Compared to RE2, it feels really lacking. It's not a dealbreaker, just an odd decision. Maybe to perhaps keep performance up? I made a quick and dirty video showing RE3 and RE2's gore systems:

yeah i noticed that.
i hope it's just a demo thing...

Top Bottom