• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 demo coming March 19th | Demo & Resistance Open Beta Trailer

lifa-cobex

Nemesis kicked my teeth in within 30 secs of first meeting him.

Fuck.

I used to be kinda good at dodging that fucker. Really wasn't expecting being nailed to the wall on first meeting.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I wasn't going to go anywhere near this game until release, but I caved. Release can't come soon enough.

I know some of you enjoy it, but shit I'm not interested in judging the game before I've experienced it fully, and even then I won't judge it solely using the original as a metric. Just like 2, it will be judged on its own merits. It will bring new experiences, and each product will stand on its own.

That first time Nemesis runs at you is crazy. Shame I've taken away some of the magic by taking him on in the no consequences environment of the demo, but I've no doubt the real game will fuck me up.

Grinchy

Banned
This demo was really good. It gives you a perfect taste of the game without spoiling or ruining anything. I have no doubt that the item pickups will even be different in the final release.

Nemesis killed me within 10 seconds of interacting with him the first time. On the second attempt, I just threw a grenade and it took him down to his knees immediately. I have to imagine he won't be that easy in the final game.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Loved the demo. I feel like it plays even better than RE2 on a mouse and keyboard, but it's been a while since I played that. Love the dodge mechanic.

I got to Nemesis and he fucked me up good. Uninstalled the demo after that, because I don't want to play too much before the full release.

Mista

Banned
Resident Evil Resistance Open Beta servers are up on XBL

PS4/Steam betas delayed due to technical issues

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Demo was a bit on the easy side and the Nemesis seems to give up the chase way too quickly
I think I saw (heard) him for a whole 15 seconds before I lost him
Game looks beautiful.

Grinchy

Banned
Demo was a bit on the easy side and the Nemesis seems to give up the chase way too quickly
I think I saw (heard) him for a whole 15 seconds before I lost him
Game looks beautiful.
I threw a single grenade at his feet and he immediately did the Colin Kaepernick. I was kinda surprised. I'm guessing it's a demo/difficulty thing?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I threw a single grenade at his feet and he immediately did the Colin Kaepernick. I was kinda surprised. I'm guessing it's a demo/difficulty thing?
Didn't even attack him, ran straight for him and dodged him and Left him behind

Last edited:
One thing I can see people not liking is that it's difficult to tell when to dodge when your running from Nemesis. It leads to some cheap hits I can see people being frustrated with.

SuperGooey

People who played through R3make said Standard difficulty is much, much easier than RE2make's. Even Hardcore mode is made easier; Jill can still take more damage and there are no Ink Ribbons to worry about--you even get auto-saves! The upside is that completing Hardcore mode is the only way to unlock Nightmare--a difficulty that remixes enemy and item locations, and I believe removes auto-saves.

Resistance seems to be spamming zombies in the bathroom right now. I'm mostly interested to see how they can possible balance it on PC with instant look speeds and aiming.

Geki-D

Banned
One thing I can see people not liking is that it's difficult to tell when to dodge when your running from Nemesis. It leads to some cheap hits I can see people being frustrated with.
That feet whip where he pulls you towards him is annoying as fuck. And yeah, it's hard to actually tell when he's doing it when you're running away.

GymWolf

Nothing could be further from the truth.

The classic RE 1-3 (PS1 versions) are my favorite games but those new RE(R) games are nothing special IMO.

There are just two camps of fans. One which likes the new games and the other which does not.
third camp here, i think the remake are good, even great games but i still like the originals more.

SuperGooey

Did anyone else notice that the demo's safe combo changed from 9-1-8 to 9-3-7?

I'm testing the demo to find out if the solution is randomized, but it seems to have just changed with an update.

Orta

Banned
Yeah, mine changed too.

Another thing I noticed (probably already been posted), let Nemesis kill you and you open an assisted mode giving you two extra storage slots, an assault rifle and I think lock-on aiming.

Top Bottom