• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 demo coming March 19th | Demo & Resistance Open Beta Trailer

Mista

Banned

Capcom will release a demo for Resident Evil 3 on March 19, the company announced. It will be available at 12:00 a.m. ET for Xbox One and 1:00 p.m. ET for PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam.

Additionally, Capcom announced that it will host an open beta for multiplayer component Resident Evil Resistance that starts March 27 and ends when the game launches on April 3. It will launch at 3:00 a.m. ET for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, and 1:00 p.m. ET for PC via Steam.

Last edited:

GrayChild

Gold Member
I wonder if its OK to submit the OT right after the demo release, even though the game is still about two weeks off from now.

Aion002

leon_s__kennedy___resident_evil__damnation_by_soldier_cloud_strife-d5g11pz.gif

I am hyped! Loved RE2R and enjoyed the closed beta of Resistance so much!

Kronos9x

Excelent for the RE3 demo, but Resistance? Outbreak Capcom. That is the ultimate Raccoon City experience, heck i'd say the ultimate Resident Evil MP experience.

Most of the fandom has rejected this gimmicky game. Now, if they are releasing Resistance as a way to get people excited about a 4 player co op and then announce Outbreak, then maybe it could work.

Resident Evil Outbreak Remake is basically the Resident EVil 2 Remake of MP games.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I think we are already close to release date and I’m already sold on the game, so I rather play it when the game releases.

Blond

Banned
I hope Resistance is successful so RE: Outbreak can get the remaster it deserves. The only problem with those games is that it launched too early.

NAI1210

I hope Resistance is successful so RE: Outbreak can get the remaster it deserves. The only problem with those games is that it launched too early.
Yeah outbreak seemed pretty cool but ahead of its time really, I played outbreak 2 offline not really the right way to play but didn't have my ps2 online, always thought it should have seen a re-release on ps3 and 360

SuperGooey

I'll probably repost this in the OT when that is posted, but here are some random predictions:

-Carlos will at some point tear off the Umbrella patch on his shirt. This will please Jill.
-Carlos will now help Jill charge up the rail canon in the final fight against Nemesis while a fully orchestrated remix of Final Metamorphosis plays (complete with choir).
-There will not be any giant spiders.
-Jill will have a flashback of the Spencer Mansion incident.
-Carlos, not Barry, will be the one to pilot the helicopter in the end. Barry won't appear at all.
-Nikolai will escape.
-Grave Digger is either cut from the game, or made into a QTE like the alligator in RE2make.

0:12, a new type of enemy.
Nemesis infects a Zombie with his parasites. Could this zombies be like Crimson Heads?
I'm predicting YES. Their AI will probably be completely recycled from the Pale Heads from Ghost Survivors.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

So we more or less have a confirmations of these enemies:

-Zombies
-Zombie Dogs (confirmed by those who played the press demo)
-"Empowered"/parasite Zombies
-Hunter Beta
-Hunter Gamma
-Drain Deimos
-Nemesis

Hopefully, Grave Digger makes a triumphant return, and I think the game needs at least one or two more enemy types to keep the excitement of the later game areas. I think there needs to be some kind of flying enemy for variation (crows? bats?), and some horribly mutated monstrosities in the Dead Factory--something the original RE3 lacked. Maybe the Brain Suckers can be those creatures, being more tank-y Licker type that can spew its offspring to attack you. These could even be flying enemies that function like Novistadors from RE4, and this would help differentiate Drains Deimos from the Brain Sucker.

Reactions: Isa

SuperGooey

There will be 20 of these "Mr. Charlies" to collect in the demo. Source
49655965057_1d1fc620dd_h.jpg

I wonder if finding them all unlocks extra content in the full version, like how finding all the laughs in the RE7 Demo gave you the dirty coin for the full release.

SuperGooey

The Spencer mansion flashbacks would be pretty cool tbh, though I feel like there won't be any as they would have to model Wesker and other people, but mostly Wesker.
You might be right, but they don't need to show Wesker or any of the other STARS. It could be as simple as the environment quickly changing into the main hall of the mansion for a split second, and flashes of giant snake, hunters, and even the iconic head turn of the zombie eating Kenneth. They could even just rip footage from REmake (like how RE4's intro rips footage from both REmake and RE3 for quick flashbacks).

E.T. Waifu

You might be right, but they don't need to show Wesker or any of the other STARS. It could be as simple as the environment quickly changing into the main hall of the mansion for a split second, and flashes of giant snake, hunters, and even the iconic head turn of the zombie eating Kenneth. They could even just rip footage from REmake (like how RE4's intro rips footage from both REmake and RE3 for quick flashbacks).
Hmm, yeah, they could do that actually. Except the last part, they'd never allow it, especially now that graphics are one of their top priorities.

SuperGooey

Hmm, yeah, they could do that actually. Except the last part, they'd never allow it, especially now that graphics are one of their top priorities.
Graphics were Mikami's top priority in REmake, yet for he still used RE3 footage in RE4. REmake still looks good, and seeing how much Capcom constantly reuses old assets in current RE games, I don't think very quick flashes of REmake footage for flashbacks is above Capcom.

Honestly, I think it would be cool, it would connect REmake to the other two REmakes. But you're right, it probably won't happen. :/

Last edited:

SuperGooey

REsistance has a really gross new enemy type. Given how it's almost exclusively reusing assets from RE2 and RE3makes, could this be the new "empowered zombie" type in RE3? If so, it's fucking gross and I love it!

0zyo7979h2n41.jpg

(found by reddit user Ant-Mania)

Last edited:

SuperGooey

We should all try and set something up so we can play the open beta together. I just got PlayStation Plus, so I may as well give it a shot.

Aggelos

Biohazard RE:3 Raccoon City Incident Report (from the Japanese official youtube channel)

Last edited:

Aggelos

Sex Appeal was 'Not the Right Direction', Art Director Cho Yonghee Says
The latest issue of Game Informer is out and the cover story is (rather unsurprisingly) all about the Resident Evil 3 remake. One of the topics addressed by the developers is Jill Valentine's new RE3 remake design, and the game's Art Director explains why they've made a shift in style.

"There were a lot of discussions internally about that direction," RE3 remake Art Director Yonghee Cho told Game Informer. "The original design of Jill Valentine was clearly going for sex appeal, but that was not the right direction. This is a very strong character, and it is a character that's going through a lot of adversity, so we wanted to home in on that and make sure that there's a certain level of believability in what she's wearing, a certain level of practicality."

Jill Valentine's new RE3 remake design may be disappointing to some fans of the classic game, but CAPCOM certainly hasn't forgotten about its roots. If you pre-order the game before it's planned release date in early April 2020, you can pick up the "Classic Costume Pack" skins. These skins include the original Jill Valentine and Carlos Oliveira designs as optional costumes for the players who want more of a throwback experience.

Yonghee Cho's Artstation page

Top Bottom