• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Layers of Fear launches June 15

Gamma looks bad like re2 remake

Turn off Film Grain as the higher this is set - it defaults to 50% - then the more washed out the game looks, at least on my PC using a non-HDR 27" ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q G-SYNC monitor. It looks like that setting is bugged to me as it doesn't make the image look more grainy as you increase the setting, just more washed out, and on the default setting of 50% the game pretty much has no blacks as everything is just varying shades of grey. Hopefully, this will be fixed for the final release.

hlm666

Turn off Film Grain as the higher this is set - it defaults to 50% - then the more washed out the game looks, at least on my PC using a non-HDR 27" ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q G-SYNC monitor. It looks like that setting is bugged to me as it doesn't make the image look more grainy as you increase the setting, just more washed out, and on the default setting of 50% the game pretty much has no blacks as everything is just varying shades of grey. Hopefully, this will be fixed for the final release.
I turn that crap off before even starting most games along with motion blur and ca, probably why I didn't notice it as much as other people except in some areas with heavier volumetric effects.

JackSparr0w

Banned
Nah the washed out look has nothing to do with any in-game setting. Gamma is fucked up and only the developers can fix it.

It's way worse than Resident evil 2 and very shocking how the demo was given the green light. It's a horror game, come on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom