• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2' Now Ninth Best Selling Game Ever (45m)

zkorejo

I preferred the story of the first game. Story here was a bit too depressing for me. Overall one of the best games ever made though.

Well deserved!

kikkis

I don't even remember what the story was about, but it was the gameplay i really didnt like. To me it's bit weird that some people value story so much in games that they put them to their best games ever because of story alone.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Gentlemen, gentlemen... Please. No need for beefin' up in here.

Some of us like the game. Fine.
Some others don't like the game. Also perfectly fine.

No need for either side to insult the other. If you like or dislike the game, praise or criticize it on its own merits.

Beefin' is not part of Dutch's GODDAMN PLAN!!😂

I'm sorry but I need this off my chest.

First of all , yes Mister KyoZz KyoZz my post wasn't very nuanced and I forgot how many people on here adore RDR2. I bought it as well at launch and was amazed with it's presentation, atmosphere, authenticity and overall vibe.

All good stuff

The controls and weird way missions would fail after merely going of the intended path was widely criticized on here as well. So if I say the game plays like shit it's not as uncommon as one may think. Right?

I do agree, and DeepEnigma DeepEnigma as well the tone of my post wasn't needed. And I can see you, just like Egnima, got irked and took it the way you did. Fair enough.

Perhaps the tone could also stem from an underlying disappointment that manifested in a frustrated drive by poop post.

Nevertheless. It's how I felt, hence opinion and not statement.

As for the second and more important part. This, well, "incident" showcased very well what happens when you dont agree with the consensus of the posters in the thread:

Overreacting triggered responses.
Dog piling with reactions.
The posters on the "right" side of the consensus get the support reactions.
My responses are ignored or twisted because of my initial post which I could easily elaborate on.

But no. I'm a moron sandwich, crybaby, not raised well and a victim.

And all you got were: "you go girl" reactions. Fanboys be fanboys. You saw this recurring toxic theme going on but you were set to stick your initial:

HE SAID MY BEST GAME IS BAD NOW I WILL DESTROY HIM WITH MY INVISIBLE POSSE

Then you, like we say in dutch. Was je uitgeluld. And didn't have to balls (are you 12) to say, for instance; "hey man, my behavior wasn't that nice either, let's agree to disagree"

Let's agree we were both not on our best behavior last night? What do you say?

Robb

Gold Member
Good on R*. The game is a technical achievement for sure and I love all the detail they cram in to their titles (frankly an insane amount).

Never bothered finishing it though, it’s very slow and feels very sluggish to play imo.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Release date: 2031, then few delays, and 2033 is the year!
Mark your calendar

Me and my buddy's waiting for its release!

7b86dd4a05631c3df62747ef8fd16ab2.png

mxbison

Worst mission design I have ever seen in a game.

Atleast other games with similar "design" put you in a corridor so you can't take cover behind the wrong tree and get "mission failed".

Last edited:

Stuart360

Worst mission design I have ever seen in a game.

Atleast other games with similar "design" put you in a corridor so you can't take cover behind the wrong tree and get "mission failed".
The open world is even more restrictive than Cyberpunks, when on a mission anyway.

K' Dash

I’m part of the problems, bought it twice, once for PS4, I quit just before the last act.

Bought it again for Series X, I intend to finish this time.

It’s a good game m, but honestly I think RDR is better all around.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I do agree, and DeepEnigma DeepEnigma as well the tone of my post wasn't needed. And I can see you, just like Egnima, got irked and took it the way you did. Fair enough.
My post was actually being playful, lol. I wasn't being serious at all, and I think most of us are just having fun on this.

If you consoles guys are thinking a 60fps patch will make the game less clunky to control, it doesnt unfortunately.
I want it for the smoother framerate like I enjoy on the PC version. The controls never bothered me and I quickly got used to them.

One of my all time faves, this game.

Last edited:

wvnative

By the way, since a PS5 upgrade is out of the question now, does this game ever go on sale on Steam?

Last edited:

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
And yet we don't have a next-gen patch for it... F you rockstar.

Just remember, they pulled support and won't even be fucked with a 60fps patch.

R* has devolved.

60 fps or the game might not even exist.

I cry evertime it's on sale and I remember it's 30 fps.

Yet no 60fps patch like every dev who gives a damn.

And yet Rockstar treats it like the red headed stepchild. No 60 fps patch, no remaster, no single player DLC, etc.

Patch in 60 fps you cowards.

Give us a fucking 60 FPS barebones patch at least R* you fucks.
So much salt. 😁
Guys... Guys... Guys... Guys...
Surrender !🤡 Rockstars is all in on GT6, you'll be dead before to see RDR2 at 60FPS on PS5, Series X. FACTS.

Buy a death star new PC to play it or... "Jump in" Stadia 🤑🥳😎: It's 60FPS "For the players" 👻

Ui0dvEw.png

HU HU HU HU

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So much salt. 😁
Guys... Guys... Guys... Guys...
Surrender !🤡 Rockstars is all in on GT6, you'll be dead before to see RDR2 at 60FPS on PS5, Series X. FACTS.

Buy a death star new PC to play it or... "Jump in" Stadia 🤑🥳😎: It's 60FPS "For the players" 👻

Ui0dvEw.png

HU HU HU HU

I already have it on PC. I want it on consoles too.

Last edited:

keefged4

Playing this again for the second time on PC at 60fps, originally finished it on PS4. Those complaining about "dogshit gameplay" etc haven't played the PC version. I hope Rockstar release a 60fps patch for the next gen consoles, it really is a game changer.

PSYGN

Of all time, of all time.

Yet R* still can be bothered to support Red Dead Online even despite the very vocal demand from the player base, or patch RDR2 for current gen. Absolute madness.

They are a small company. Please understand.

Rockstar and Take 2 are such shitty companies. 9th best selling game of all time yet they refuse to update it for the next gen consoles so all the people who bought their game can get a decently playable framerate.

To me this kinda thing is completely unacceptable yet gamers accept it. We shouldn't have to wait for a remaster to get 60 fps.

this is truly one of the most vile things i've witnessed first hand.

RDO needed work, but had a magnificent foundation to build on, and deserved better support, it never got a fair shot.

But hey business is business right? you can semi understand if online wasn't pulling in any money, but the single player game being the 9th best selling game of all time, deserved a proper PS5/Series upgrade, and would not have cost much to do, the PC port already has higher level assets. But they won't even do that...

Other publishers are watching rockstar like they've done hit their head. It's so baffling to piss this magnificent game down the shitter.
Yet no 60fps patch like every dev who gives a damn.
Another piece of shit developer, though to a lesser degree than rdr2, is 2k who developed Mafia Remake. Imagine a game released 2 months before the next gen consoles came out which sold well yet they couldn't be bothered to patch in 60 fps.

BTW both games suffer from the same slow, wonky animations that feel terrible to play at 30 fps.

These are the kinda things that make me detest companies. Between this and the gta trilogy, I think Rockstar/take 2 are at the bottom of the barrel. Gta v remaster for $10 was not bad at all but the remaster itself kinda sucks. Graphics are not impressive at al and I don't think k they put much work into it. The "rt shadows" seem phony to me. I've played games with rt shadows and it made a big impact. Not in gta 5 which also comes with the cost of super low texture filtering. Draw distances are really bad too.

They will give it the GTA V treatment next year (probably, they need to release something if gta 6 not ready), as in reprint and upgrade path instead of free patch. And goddamn it they will get my money.
I'd even be OK with $10 again as long as it's not just 60 fps and improves a few other settings. The real crime is not doing anything and letting the game languish on next gen at 30 fps.

Droxcy

Game was everything I wanted it to be, baffles me that they made a character better than John. Arthur was a fantastic story only thing I could've wanted was a better paced story looking bad at it felt like it kinda came and went fast. Also MP fuckers man, it could've been so much more.

By the way, since a PS5 upgrade is out of the question now, does this game ever go on sale on Steam?
I bought it for $30, when the regular price was still $60. Don't know if the regular price has been permanently lowered, but the game goes on sale, at a minimum (sorted from most to least predictable):

- On seasonal Steam sales (Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter)

- On "publisher weekend" sales where the featured publisher is Rockstar.

- At other random times.

Top Bottom