• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2' Now Ninth Best Selling Game Ever (45m)

Sleepwalker

What is the "Tetris" from EA that has supposedly sold 100M? Surely they're not counting every iteration of Tetris ever released as one game?
Tetris is a puzzle video game developed by EA Mobile and published by Electronic Arts for iOS, Android, BlackBerry OS, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, and Windows Phone. The game featured gameplay like other Tetris titles, with a new soundtrack.

The game reached 100 million paid downloads by 2010,[1][2] making it the best-selling paid mobile game of all time, and third best-selling game of all time altogether.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Read Dead II is one of my all time favorite, I love this game so much.
And that OST, it's perfect. To think I was worried by RDO, thinking the campaign could be left aside to focus on the multiplayer.
R* nailed every aspect (yeah even the gameplay) and Arthur, OH BOY ARTHUR <3

red dead redemption 2 goodbye GIF by Rockstar Games

Last edited:
Read Dead II is one of my all time favorite, I love this game so much.
And that OST, it's perfect. To think I was worried by RDO, thinking the campaign could be left aside to focus on the multiplayer.
R* nailed every aspect (yeah even the gameplay) and Arthur, OH BOY ARTHUR <3

red dead redemption 2 goodbye GIF by Rockstar Games

PREACH.

I listen to some of the songs on the OST even when I'm not playing the game. Some awesome highlights:

"That's the Way it is"
"Mountain Hymn"
"American Venom"
"The Final Showdown"

Also pretty much any single note of music that plays during the end credits -- these credits are close to 1/2 hour but I sat through the whole thing.

And many, many more. The music is amazing.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
GAME IS SHIT AND ONLY PLAYED BY CASUAL. PLAYS LIKE SHIT TOO AND HAS OTHER ISSUES

B-b-b-but that's just my opinion

Canadian Chef GIF by CanFilmDay

Spot on. Is that your wife?

Lmao lots of triggering taking place
Trigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:
PREACH.

I listen to some of the songs on the OST even when I'm not playing the game. Some awesome highlights:

"That's the Way it is"
"Mountain Hymn"
"American Venom"
"The Final Showdown"

Also pretty much any single note of music that plays during the end credits -- these credits are close to 1/2 hour but I sat through the whole thing.

And many, many more. The music is amazing.
The last ride with "that's the way it is" playing is the only moment in a game, and frankly media (off the top of my head anyways) in general that made me actually tear up

EDIT: outside of laughing

EDITx2:as soon as I posted this I remembered hodor and that wasn't even that long ago.... So just gaming I guess lol

Last edited:
The last ride with "that's the way it is" playing is the only moment in a game, and frankly media (off the top of my head anyways) in general that made me actually tear up
YESSSSS.

It is definitely the "top video game moment" for me.

In the first Red Dead, there's a song that plays when John Marston is crossing into Mexico. I forget the name of the song but at the time I thought "Ok this won't be topped."

There's what I'll only call the "Sarah scene" in the The Last of Us 1, I thought well shit this won't be topped.

Arthur's "That's the way it is" moment topped both of those for me.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
"That's the Way it is"
I'm not crying you're crying.

Spot on. Is that your wife?

Lmao lots of triggering taking place K
Trigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
And are you twelve? Next time try posting something like "I think" or "in my opinion". That's it.
We are calling that" savoir vivre" here in France, which mean approximatively "knowledge and practice of the rules of politeness, of the uses of the world."

But we are not all raised the same.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'm not crying you're crying.

And are you twelve? Next time try posting something like "I think" or "in my opinion". That's it.
We are calling that" savoir vivre" here in France, which mean approximatively "knowledge and practice of the rules of politeness, of the uses of the world."

But we are not all raised the same.

I made a throwaway post and now it's about my upbringing holy mother of god.

Oh boy. Maybe apologize for calling me a moron sandwich instead of continuing with your demeaning way of adressing me over a fucking game. One that doesn't controls well so plays like shit. Ofcourse it's my opinion. You knew that very well but got triggered and used it as a pretext to act like a douche.

Are you a douche? Am I 12?

Btw. I loved the world and atmosphere and blabla. But Arthur controls like shit and that's that for me. But hey, you loved it seemingly. Good for you.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I made a throwaway post and now it's about my upbringing holy mother of god.

Oh boy. Maybe apologize for calling me a moron sandwich instead of continuing with your demeaning way of adressing me over a fucking game. One that doesn't controls well so plays like shit. Ofcourse it's my opinion. You knew that very well but got triggered and used it as a pretext to act like a douche.

Are you a douche? Am I 12?
Act like a douche, get treated like a douche.

I'm fine with criticism, I can understand it for RDR II as it's clearly not for everyone.
But you STATED the game was shit, and anyone who brought it was a "casual turdnuggets", and now you are trying to play the victim.

Go cry a little and come back when you're more polite

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Act like a douche, get treated like a douche.

I'm fine with criticism, I can understand it for RDR II as it's clearly not for everyone.
But you STATED the game was shit, and anyone who brought it was a "casual turdnuggets", and now you are trying to play the victim.

Go cry a little and come back when you're more polite

Hi Hypocrite!

You're soooo hung up on me stating my opinion.. Do you go around here everywhere demanding they put a IMO after each post?

Casual turdnuggets, still makes me chuckle. Look crybaby, 45 million copies sold. You really think I would share a member of a hardcore gaming message board under that term?

And instead of inquiring about my opinion you acted like a child and insulted me.

So don't talk about politeness.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Hi Hypocrite!

You're soooo hung up on me stating my opinion.. Do you go around here everywhere demanding they put a IMO after each post?

Casual turdnuggets, still makes me chuckle. Look crybaby, 45 million copies sold. You really think I would share a member of a hardcore gaming message board under that term?

And instead of inquiring about my opinion you acted like a child and insulted me.

So don't talk about politeness.
Whatever makes ou feel better mate, have a good day

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I made my points, you made yours. I've nothing else to add and no times left for this. I'm gonna recover now

the-mask-shot.gif

Gentlemen, gentlemen... Please. No need for beefin' up in here.

Some of us like the game. Fine.
Some others don't like the game. Also perfectly fine.

No need for either side to insult the other. If you like or dislike the game, praise or criticize it on its own merits.

Beefin' is not part of Dutch's GODDAMN PLAN!!😂

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Gentlemen, gentlemen... Please. No need for beefin' up in here.

Some of us like the game. Fine.
Some others don't like the game. Also perfectly fine.

No need for either side to insult the other. If you like or dislike the game, praise or criticize it on its own merits.

Beefin' is not part of Dutch's GODDAMN PLAN!!😂

Nicolas Cage Applause GIF

RespawnX

And yet we don't have a next-gen patch for it... F you rockstar.
Making 1-2 Billion with a game is worthless today. That’s basically what GTA O makes in a 1-2 years with MTX. As the responsible directors didn’t fill RDO with MTX it was basically worthless for managers. They don’t want games but money printers.

I really need to stop using onions in my cooking. Also...

Arthur to horse: "Thank you"

FUCKKKKK 😭😭😭😭😭
I don't remember the exact nature of the mission, but the last mission involving a train (damn near the end of the game), I don't know how the fuck it happened, but I guess my horse I'd had (damn near) the entire fucking game glitched and got hit by the train or some bullshit, never saw it happen, after the mission his body was near me (maybe like 100 yards back along the track), and it autosaved with the most recent save besides that like 5 fucking hours

Bought a new horse and the moment you described was like an hour or two later and it meant absolutely fucking nothing to me because my horse got iced offscreen and had to wander around to find his corpse

Ngl I'm literally furious typing this up lol

EDMIX

Imagine if it had good gameplay.

lol

I think the gameplay is pretty good, I had issues with the whole weapon wheel resetting, holding a button to do a bunch of shit and the weird way he walks instead of running indoors when you are getting shot to shit, but when its good...it feels fucking great. I only have a few issues and realize maybe it was blown out of proportion. Since then, I've played too many bad games with shit AI, no AI lol

RDR2's gameplay is better then MOST, even with some issues, we just don't have too many that play that well for me to pretend its bad or something.

RoadHazard RoadHazard the deep lolz, I don't think most hardcore gamers really understand how deep the mobile market actually is. All of that is under EA.

Last edited:
I don't remember the exact nature of the mission, but the last mission involving a train (damn near the end of the game), I don't know how the fuck it happened, but I guess my horse I'd had (damn near) the entire fucking game glitched and got hit by the train or some bullshit, never saw it happen, after the mission his body was near me (maybe like 100 yards back along the track), and it autosaved with the most recent save besides that like 5 fucking hours

Bought a new horse and the moment you described was like an hour or two later and it meant absolutely fucking nothing to me because my horse got iced offscreen and had to wander around to find his corpse

Ngl I'm literally furious typing this up lol
I'm actually pissed for you reading this shit. Damn son.... Game done fucked up.

But if the cutscene still happened for you (even if it was with a horse you didn't GAF about), sounds like you still reached high enough bonding with it in just a couple of hours.

How did you play the game? High honor or low honor?

EDMIX

300+ms of input lag (on pc) = pretty good? Sure. /s

I played on PS4.

Why the fuck would I play a Rockstar game on PC? Nahhhh, I need my game playable. Lots of developers I ignore on PC, they are one of em. Same with Capcom and Ubisoft, but I don't know if those ports have gotten any better.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I played on PS4.

Why the fuck would I play a Rockstar game on PC? Nahhhh, I need my game playable. Lots of developers I ignore on PC, they are one of em. Same with Capcom and Ubisoft, but I don't know if those ports have gotten any better.
No wonder you found it pretty good. Ignorance is a bliss....

Last edited:

EDMIX

No wonder you found it pretty good...

True, I'd never play their games on PC. They come out on PC afterwards for a reason and it seems they know console is their bread and butter so they develop primarily for that, not excusing this btw as there is no reason for them still to be making questionable ports like this.

That being said, MOST games on PC are the best versions, but a few publishers seem to put that stuff on the backburner and have a bad rep on PC that I stay away from and recognize that its not the design of the game, but the port, version, sku etc. It can work the other way too, I recently found out the PS4 version of Pillars Of Eternity 2 in terms of the disk version is not recommended by many. Crashes, bugs and a whole lot of issues, but I digress.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
True, I'd never play their games on PC. They come out on PC afterwards for a reason and it seems they know console is their bread and butter so they develop primarily for that, not excusing this btw as there is no reason for them still to be making questionable ports like this.

That being said, MOST games on PC are the best versions, but a few publishers seem to put that stuff on the backburner and have a bad rep on PC that I stay away from and recognize that its not the design of the game, but the port, version, sku etc. It can work the other way too, I recently found out the PS4 version of Pillars Of Eternity 2 in terms of the disk version is not recommended by many. Crashes, bugs and a whole lot of issues, but I digress.
Are you for real??? RDR2 on PC is by far the best version in terms of gameplay (and everything else, lol) . Just like every GTA. RDR2 can reach almost 500ms of input lag on consoles. Wtf?

Last edited:
I'm actually pissed for you reading this shit. Damn son.... Game done fucked up.

But if the cutscene still happened for you (even if it was with a horse you didn't GAF about), sounds like you still reached high enough bonding with it in just a couple of hours.

How did you play the game? High honor or low honor?
I wasn't aiming for either, just kind of what felt right in the moment. Ended up being like halfway towards high honor from the middle (maybe a bit more), but I beat it right after it came out so its been a while

EDMIX

Are you for real??? RDR2 on PC is by far the best version in terms of gameplay (and everything else, lol) . Just like every GTA. RDR2 can reach almost 500ms of input lag on consoles. Wtf?

I never felt any of that on the version I played and I doubt any of their games on PC is the best version lol I don't know if i'd trust their PC versions

It's just as I thought.

It's not all video processing latency. It animation priority. This is deliberate by design and it's pretty uniform across all platforms, including PC.

It's predictable and once you get used to it, it's fine.

This game isn't a twitch shooter and shouldn't be played as such. Those expecting twitch input feedback and response should play something else.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
It's just as I thought.

It's not all video processing latency. It animation priority. This is deliberate by design and it's pretty uniform across all platforms, including PC.

It's predictable and once you get used to it, it's fine.

This game isn't a twitch shooter and shouldn't be played as such. Those expecting twitch input feedback and response should play something else.
1- No. On pc can be much better. Almost half the lag.

2- Yes. A game where the controls don't suck so much.

Top Bottom